'Kick-Ass 2' International Trailer

Posted by k4tzm4n (35195 posts) - - Show Bio

Earlier this month, the first red band trailer for Kick-Ass 2 dropped. As expected, it was filled with violence, cursing, and, of course, a better look at the overall narrative. Today, a new international trailer has hit the web and it puts the spotlight on Mindy McCready aka Hit-Girl (Chloe Grace Moretz). As you likely know (old spoilers head!), her father, Big Daddy, was killed in the first film. Now, his friend is looking after Mindy as she attempts to live a normal life... but we all know that's not going to last, especially if you've read the comics.

Kick-Ass 2 is directed and written by Jeff Wadlow and will hit theaters August 16th. Viners, are you going to be in the theater opening day for this one or have you lost interest in the franchise? Speak your mind below!

If you can't see the video, go here to watch! We're working on fixing this in the meantime.

Here's a version on YouTube:

Staff
#1 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15742 posts) - - Show Bio

First!

#2 Posted by BlackReaper (594 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks pretty awesome, but not nearly as good as the first.

#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15742 posts) - - Show Bio

The video isn't working on my phone.

#4 Posted by Xanni15 (6743 posts) - - Show Bio

Lost interest, this movie appears to have dropped most of what made the first film have a lot of appeal. KA has a specific niche and it apparently did well in that niche, but now it's stepping outside to try something different, which is admirable, but looks like a train wreck so far.

#5 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3403 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks interesting

#6 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15742 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks awesome I had to go to YouTube to watch it though

#7 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15742 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate that Marcus is different though. I mean he looked like the guy in the comic

#8 Posted by BlackReaper (594 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

Lost interest, this movie appears to have dropped most of what made the first film have a lot of appeal. KA has a specific niche and it apparently did well in that niche, but now it's stepping outside to try something different, which is admirable, but looks like a train wreck so far.

That's what I was thinking. They went a bit too over the top with it.

#9 Posted by Mucklefluga (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Carrey looks like the best bit so far.

#10 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so excited for this film! Glad to see more Hit-girl

#11 Posted by RYU/BATMAN (388 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wolverine can take notes from this movie

#12 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

The first trailer that was released looked much better than this one.

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (13670 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait!

#15 Edited by nerdork (3481 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the first movie, it was good, not overly impressive, but good (and can you really ask for more than that these days?). I am excited to see the sequel. Though, of all the new street level superhero movies that have come out…Super was my favorite. Crimson Bolt is the man!

“SHUT UP CRIME!!!!!”

#16 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care for the series but Chloe Moretz is amazing!

#17 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: it's pretty amazing you could tell that just by seeing a trailer, will man of steel be any good?

#18 Posted by Raw_Material (3207 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for this movie to come out!

#19 Posted by Xanni15 (6743 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Perfect 10 (864 posts) - - Show Bio

nice but...isnt the movie called kickass not hit-girl? i mean i will be seeing the movie for her and the actress but lets be fair to the title character

#21 Edited by Eurynom (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I can dig it! plus Jim Carrey is in it.. whats not to like!

#22 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, this is gonna be good. Calling it now...

#23 Edited by GREGalicious (464 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Thats because Marcus was added to the comic after the success of the first film. He was probably designed to look like the actor that played him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.