i just watched kick ass and...

• 57 results
#1 Posted by firewrkninja (362 posts) - - Show Bio

It was, by far, the best movie i have ever seen!

#2 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, duh. Look at the name.

#3 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@firewrkninja: it was good.

but watch

Expendables
Scott Pilgrim
or
Piranha 3D

they will change your mind.
#4 Posted by firewrkninja (362 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: i might like scott pilgrim and maybe expendables but piranha 3d looks like its gonna be ridiculous
I doubt those will be better than kick ass because i was so amazed by it and the music was so great
#5 Posted by tensor (3512 posts) - - Show Bio

good movie for sure

#6 Edited by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

i personally preferred the film to the comic
first time it happened to me 

#7 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasnt a fan of kickass(the guy), loved the movie but hitgirl was hilariously awesome

#8 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@firewrkninja said:
" @Caligula: i might like scott pilgrim and maybe expendables but piranha 3d looks like its gonna be ridiculous I doubt those will be better than kick ass because i was so amazed by it and the music was so great "
i love kick ass but all three of the movies i listed are even better
#9 Posted by firewrkninja (362 posts) - - Show Bio
@hdorman1 said:
" i personally preferred the film to the movie first time it happened to me  "
you preferred the... wait what?   arent those the same thing?
#10 Posted by innocence (161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: expendables and piranha 3d were so terrible, but worth watching to make fun of afterwords. although, scott pilgrim was great.
#11 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: Piranha 3D was good?
#12 Edited by Manchine (3665 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know what movie you saw but the "Kick Ass" movie I saw was very.....medicore (AT BEST).  I would put it in the "I would let a friend rent this because I don't want to waste my money on this carp".... Which is a step above "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CARP!"  (AKA Watchmen, AKA To Wong Foo).  Its a step below "This is decent, not great, not bad"  (AKA The Last Airbender, AKA The Truman Show)

#13 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Caligula: Piranha 3D was good? "
very good, not as good as Expendables or Scott Pilgrim. but if you like cheezy horror films with lots of blood and violence. then yes Piranha 3D is freaking awesome. i had smile from ear to ear.

@innocence said:
" @Caligula: expendables and piranha 3d were so terrible, but worth watching to make fun of afterwords. although, scott pilgrim was great. "

you are obviously still in high school.
#14 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio
@firewrkninja said:
" @hdorman1 said:
" i personally preferred the film to the movie first time it happened to me  "
you preferred the... wait what?   arent those the same thing? "
i meant to type comic 
i keep mistyping stuff today  
the movie had a better storyline in my opinion 
the comic had more of a twist ending
#15 Posted by innocence (161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: actually, i just graduated this year. 
but hey, if you like movies that have a cgi penis getting spat out by a piranha and a movie that has corny acting and screenplay that's good for you. whatever floats your boat, right?
#16 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@innocence said:

" @Caligula: actually, i just graduated this year.  but hey, if you like movies that have a cgi penis getting spat out by a piranha and a movie that has corny acting and screenplay that's good for you. whatever floats your boat, right? "

yeah that's exactly my kind of film. i know how to have fun in a movie with out it having be an oscar nominated film. i don't let critics opinions sway me. im not a shell
#17 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps you could say that movie... KICKED ASS?
#18 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

really??  it was an ok movie up until the jetpack...the jetpack ending ruined the movie for me

#19 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

it was just sort of MEH for me 
fun, I guess 
but I wasn't over the moon for it
#20 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" really??  it was an ok movie up until the jetpack...the jetpack ending ruined the movie for me "
the Jetpack was awesome :D
#21 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't watched it. Probably on DVD.

#22 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @danhimself said:
" really??  it was an ok movie up until the jetpack...the jetpack ending ruined the movie for me "
the Jetpack was awesome :D "
the jetpack was dumb...Kickass is supposed to be about superhero vigilantes in the real world and the movie was doing a pretty good job of portraying that realistically up until that one stupid stupid point where he used a jetpack with machine guns attached to it...that was retarded
#23 Posted by innocence (161 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula:  exactly why i said worth watching to make fun of. even though the movies were terrible they were still watchable.
#24 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @Caligula said:
" @danhimself said:
the jetpack was dumb...Kickass is supposed to be about superhero vigilantes in the real world and the movie was doing a pretty good job of portraying that realistically up until that one stupid stupid point where he used a jetpack with machine guns attached to it...that was retarded "
it may have been dumb, but it was still cool. and i go to movies to be entertained, not to compare them to real life or to analyze them i just go to have fun. and if you constantly are breaking the movie down how do you ever have fun.

no offense
#25 Posted by amc26 (214 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula:  Scott pilgrim was so epic!
#26 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@amc26: yes it was sir
#27 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @Caligula said:
" @danhimself said:
the jetpack was dumb...Kickass is supposed to be about superhero vigilantes in the real world and the movie was doing a pretty good job of portraying that realistically up until that one stupid stupid point where he used a jetpack with machine guns attached to it...that was retarded "
I agree. They should've just stuck to the flamethrower.
#28 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant X said:
" @danhimself said:
" @Caligula said:
" @danhimself said:
I agree. They should've just stuck to the flamethrower. "  
I believe you actually CAN buy jetpacks off of eBay. They had New Zealand for auction on there one time.
#29 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @danhimself said:
" @Caligula said:
" @danhimself said:
it may have been dumb, but it was still cool. and i go to movies to be entertained, not to compare them to real life or to analyze them i just go to have fun. and if you constantly are breaking the movie down how do you ever have fun.  no offense "
I'm usually the same way but the jetpack just threw the entire movie off...like it didn't belong with the rest of the movie
#30 Posted by Jake Fury (17924 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it. 

#31 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: fair nuff. different strokes to rule the world.
#32 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna be that little girl man, she kicked ass

#33 Posted by firewrkninja (362 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine said:
" Don't know what movie you saw but the "Kick Ass" movie I saw was very.....medicore (AT BEST).  I would put it in the "I would let a friend rent this because I don't want to waste my money on this carp".... Which is a step above "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CARP!"  (AKA Watchmen, AKA To Wong Foo).  Its a step below "This is decent, not great, not bad"  (AKA The Last Airbender, AKA The Truman Show) "
clearly you have bad taste in movies because The Last Airbender is NOT a decent movie and Watchmen was not crap at all

also The Truman Show is better than decent i would say
#34 Posted by Manchine (3665 posts) - - Show Bio
@firewrkninja said:
" @Manchine said:
" Don't know what movie you saw but the "Kick Ass" movie I saw was very.....medicore (AT BEST).  I would put it in the "I would let a friend rent this because I don't want to waste my money on this carp".... Which is a step above "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CARP!"  (AKA Watchmen, AKA To Wong Foo).  Its a step below "This is decent, not great, not bad"  (AKA The Last Airbender, AKA The Truman Show) "
clearly you have bad taste in movies because The Last Airbender is NOT a decent movie and Watchmen was not crap at all  also The Truman Show is better than decent i would say "

Clearly you don't know what your talking about (with the last airbender) most people thought it was flawed but worthy.  Which is slightly above medicore (average). http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810071569/info   Yes I know accordingly Kick ass has a higher rating (of course it has half the number of people rating it.)  So please don't try to push your bad opinions on me. 

Thank You

#35 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Kick Ass great movie !!! Also Scot Pilgrim is wayyyy AWESOME as well and is probably one of THE most qoutable movies of all time.
#36 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

My friend wants to become a super hero now.
#37 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
" My friend wants to become a super hero now. "
LOL, I want to, too, for some reason.
#38 Posted by P90 (14 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:
Yeah me too, that really pissed me off, it looked so rubbish.
#39 Posted by -chapel- (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Just ripped Kick-Ass from the net. I thought it was great! Imma train my daughter to be more like 'Hit-Girl!' ;) Nah, the jetpack did take a tiny lil bit away from the so called "realism" but it was effin kick ass. I've watched both of HG's big fight scenes like 20 times!! All in all, I thought it was a fun adaptation. I wish I woulda scene it in the theater. Cant wait for the second!
#40 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@firewrkninja said:
" @Caligula: i might like scott pilgrim and maybe expendables but piranha 3d looks like its gonna be ridiculous I doubt those will be better than kick ass because i was so amazed by it and the music was so great "
Yeah, Scott Pilgrim was awesome, I don't know about Expendables, and Piranha 3D looks lame. Still, nones as good as Kick-Ass. 
#41 Posted by firewrkninja (362 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:
" @firewrkninja said:
Yeah, Scott Pilgrim was awesome, I don't know about Expendables, and Piranha 3D looks lame. Still, nones as good as Kick-Ass.  "
havent seen Scott Pilgrim yet but im sure it was awesome, expendables wasnt that great because all the action scenes were very generic and shaky-cammy and i dont plan on seeing pirahna 3d any time soon because it looks sooooooooo fake-seeming and unrealistic
#42 Posted by firewrkninja (362 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine said:
" @firewrkninja said:
" @Manchine said:
clearly you have bad taste in movies because The Last Airbender is NOT a decent movie and Watchmen was not crap at all  also The Truman Show is better than decent i would say "

Clearly you don't know what your talking about (with the last airbender) most people thought it was flawed but worthy.  Which is slightly above medicore (average)http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810071569/info   Yes I know accordingly Kick ass has a higher rating (of course it has half the number of people rating it.)  So please don't try to push your bad opinions on me.  Thank You     "
what are you even talking about??? when did anyone say last airbender was slightly above average? never. basically everyone said it was dreadful and horrible and it didnt live up to the show.

did i ever say your opinions were bad? no, i just dont agree with them because they are dumb. and i never tried to "push" my opinions on you i was just saying that you have bad taste in movies i never said "hey change your opinions to my opinions"

did we see the same kick ass? because it was a great movie not mediocre at best.
#43 Posted by Manchine (3665 posts) - - Show Bio
@firewrkninja said:
" @Manchine said:
" @firewrkninja said:
" @Manchine said:

Clearly you don't know what your talking about (with the last airbender) most people thought it was flawed but worthy.  Which is slightly above medicore (average)http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810071569/info   Yes I know accordingly Kick ass has a higher rating (of course it has half the number of people rating it.)  So please don't try to push your bad opinions on me.  Thank You     "
what are you even talking about??? when did anyone say last airbender was slightly above average? never. basically everyone said it was dreadful and horrible and it didnt live up to the show.  did i ever say your opinions were bad? no, i just dont agree with them because they are dumb. and i never tried to "push" my opinions on you i was just saying that you have bad taste in movies i never said "hey change your opinions to my opinions"  did we see the same kick ass? because it was a great movie not mediocre at best. "

LOL Your small group of people saying its dreadful does not make it so.  Sorry.
#44 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

If Kick Ass is the best movie you ever seen you must not watch allot of movies

#45 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" If Kick Ass is the best movie you ever seen you must not watch allot of movies "
co-signed.
#46 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

it wasn't the best movie ever but it sure was a fun movie, i enjoyed it a lot, i love the part where the guy shoots the kick ass kid dressed ass kick ass n i was like WAT o.0 that's it! ...o it was someone dressed up as him <.< tht guy got fked up left and right and it was great

#47 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine said:
" @firewrkninja said:
" @Manchine said:
" @firewrkninja said:
" @Manchine said:

what are you even talking about??? when did anyone say last airbender was slightly above average? never. basically everyone said it was dreadful and horrible and it didnt live up to the show.  did i ever say your opinions were bad? no, i just dont agree with them because they are dumb. and i never tried to "push" my opinions on you i was just saying that you have bad taste in movies i never said "hey change your opinions to my opinions"  did we see the same kick ass? because it was a great movie not mediocre at best. "
LOL Your small group of people saying its dreadful does not make it so.  Sorry. "
everyone I've seen talk about the movie said it was horrible...in fact you're the first person I've seen say anything good about it
#48 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it. Wasn't the greatest thing I ever saw, but i bothered to tape it and watch it again
so it was fun enough. Slightly more lighthearted than the comic. Hit-Girl was just fabu.

#49 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a great film. The best movie ever? Lord no.

#50 Edited by Lady Nightmare (9103 posts) - - Show Bio

they diluted the comic 
i didn't like the parts that were supposed be sad turned happy 
The comic was raw and in your face  
Hollywood put little bits of generic in it 
however if i had not read the comic i would of completely loved it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.