How far is it between Gotham, Metropolis, and Keystone?

#1 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

between 100-500 miles or more/less?

#2 Posted by Joygirl (19962 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Keystone west coast? Or is that Jump City? I know Gotham/Metropolis are both New York.

#3 Posted by Joygirl (19962 posts) - - Show Bio

Just checked, Keystone is in Kansas. So, approximately 1,000 miles.

#4 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

so it's next to smallville?

#5 Posted by stormphoenix (934 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Isn't Keystone west coast? Or is that Jump City? I know Gotham/Metropolis are both New York.

I thought Gathom was kinda like and island I know it's part of NY, but i always thoght Gotham was based in Long Islad NY and Metropolis as NY City.

#6 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

what about coast city?

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

That all depends on which version you're going with, many consider Chicago to be more of an influence on Metropolis than New York.

#8 Posted by Joygirl (19962 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not talking about influence, I'm talking about location. I've seen Gotham on a map and it's definitely NY.

#9 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: Two things.

One: I would very much like to see that map, if you have it.

Two: I find your avatar picture quite disturbing.

#10 Posted by Joygirl (19962 posts) - - Show Bio

I can think of one right this second, that was shown on the Young Justice show in episode 2 I think. I feel I've also seen it elsewhere though. And thank you. ^_^

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

http://www.karridian.net/dcatlas.html#usa

according to this Metropolis is in Delaware

@Joygirl

said:

I'm not talking about influence, I'm talking about location. I've seen Gotham on a map and it's definitely NY.

I've seen a similar map and Gotham is clearly in New Jersey, with Metropolis in Delaware, Smallville and Keystone in Kansas, Central in Missouri, and Star and Coast in Northern and central California, respectively.

#13 Posted by isaiah993 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

well technically according to this wikipedia link http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Atlas_of_the_DC_Universe Gotham city is in lower new jersey across from Philadelphia which is where Camden ,NewJersey is currently located and Metropolis was originally where Grand Rapids ,Michigain is is across from Detroit but was relocated to New York City and Keystone City is in Kansas also this link http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Atlas_of_the_DC_Universe has some of the locations but surprisingly metropolis is not listed but all information points to the north east united states.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.