Another Alan Moore song: ANOTHER SUBURBAN ROMANCE

#1 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, folks, but the only version of this artwork that I still have is a very messy one...

#2 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr: another cool one, I like the art on this one, kind of surreal

#3 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to take a shower but then I realized I didn't have any clean clothes with me. The plan was to do my laundry while I was doing the Dusty Star lettering. Aaaaaaaaaaargh...

My fancy State-Of-The-Art Chinese washer-dryer at my condo is broke. :(

#4 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the art in this one as well. I don't think I've ever seen comic and realistic styles blended in such a fashion.

#5 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is one of two songs adapted twice. I can't remember if Old Gangsters was changed in the Avatar printing, since the original printing was in the jacket cover of the LP for Sinister Ducks.
Avatar Press released their version with Another Suburban Romance, which collects:

• Judy Switch Off the TV
  • Old Gangster's Never Die
  • Another Suburban Romance.
Visually this version is nice as its stand alone.
I like Panels in Panels to highlight details. 

I also like that these scans are production pieces and not from the comics.  It is neat seeing versions we don't as fans.
#6 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

Remember on the Madame October thread I mentioned a second Flaming Carrot box? And turok was all interested???

Well, I have it right here. ^_^

I'll scan it in a little bit and show it off.
#7 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

@tonis said:

Remember on the Madame October thread I mentioned a second Flaming Carrot box? And turok was all interested??? Well, I have it right here. ^_^ I'll scan it in a little bit and show it off.

ahh, the mysterious second box, cool :)

#8 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@tonis said:

Remember on the Madame October thread I mentioned a second Flaming Carrot box? And turok was all interested??? Well, I have it right here. ^_^ I'll scan it in a little bit and show it off.

ahh, the mysterious second box, cool :)

The scanner is still hooked up to the Big Mac and you know I can't touch the Big Mac.  :(
#9 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis

O.K., Tony...you haven't seen the inside top and bottom or the edge of the box you want. Here they are: 
That's the Dark Horse box. Here's the Image box:
#10 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr: well the camera worked well. Those both look way cool.

Two classics :)

#11 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

I think the coolest thing about the Image box are the little plastic pistols that go around the edge.  ^_^
#12 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

@tonis said:

I think the coolest thing about the Image box are the little plastic pistols that go around the edge. ^_^

yea the pistols are definitely cool. I like the one cent coins on the DH too.

#13 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@tonis said:

I think the coolest thing about the Image box are the little plastic pistols that go around the edge. ^_^

yea the pistols are definitely cool. I like the one cent coins on the DH too.

The pennies were subtle symbolism. Heh, heh.

I think next week I'll post the Coleen Doran one. Is that The Fires Next Time?
#14 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr: you mean 'Fires I Wish I'd Seen' for Coleen

#15 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

You're right...as always.  :D

G'night, Pokerface.
#16 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr said:
@tonis said:

You're right...as always.  :D  G'night, Pokerface.

Ooooops! I think I might have spelled the poor thing's name incorrectly on your cheat-sheet, Tony. 

Her name is spelled COLLEEN.
#17 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: Lol, wan't the Madame October thread for your crafts? Oh well, I like both the boxes, but especially the image one.. the old guy with glasses was funny. Same where hes riding the bed! 

I really like the art on ASR. Especially the boxes around the people's heads..
#18 Edited by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446 said:

@Roxanne Starr: Lol, wan't the Madame October thread for your crafts? Oh well, I like both the boxes, but especially the image one.. the old guy with glasses was funny. Same where hes riding the bed!  I really like the art on ASR. Especially the boxes around the people's heads..

Actually the next boxes I'll be showing off are my WATCHMEN ones.  (Psssssssst, Silk...Where are you?)

I'll be posting those in the Colleen Doran forum on the thread about her song. 

And the guy with the glasses isn't old, he's a fat little boy named HERBIE. There used to be a popular comic book about him in the 1960's.
#19 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

No, This guy! Ooh, Looking forward to seeing those!
#20 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446

Oh, THAT guy! That's Death.

He's trying to play a game of chess with the Flaming Carrot. But you distracted him. So now the Flaming Carrot is messing up his chessboard.  :-)
#21 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: Lol, only one question... Why is their a chessboard in the middle of the desert...?
#22 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr: Lol, only one question... Why is their a chessboard in the middle of the desert...?
Have you seen "The Seventh Seal?"  In that film, Death has his chess game on a beach. A desert is the polar opposite.
#23 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: I haven't seen it, but I get what you mean.
#24 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446 said:
You should check out the Seventh Seal, Hawkeye. It was one of the greatest films to come out of the 60's.
#25 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:
You should check out the Seventh Seal, Hawkeye. It was one of the greatest films to come out of the 60's.
I will.. Eventually. Where is everyone? No One has been posting on these other threads.
#26 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446 said:

Where is everyone? No One has been posting on these other threads.

Well, the only other Chosen One besides myself that I can tell you about is tonis. I believe he is quite busy at the moment working on getting up Bob's various websites.  

Yup, websiteS...I believe there are about a dozen. Besides the Flaming Carrot and Mysterymen sites, there is also the new MARBLECOMICSGROUP.COM site...along with the Dynamite Girl site and about a half dozen others.
#27 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:

Well, the only other Chosen One besides myself that I can tell you about is tonis. I believe he is quite busy at the moment working on getting up Bob's various websites.  

Yup, websiteS...I believe there are about a dozen. Besides the Flaming Carrot and Mysterymen sites, there is also the new MARBLECOMICSGROUP.COM site...along with the Dynamite Girl site and about a half dozen others.
Wow, he is doing A LOT of work! I will have to look at some of those sites eventually!
#28 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:

Wow, he is doing A LOT of work! I will have to look at some of those sites eventually!

Actually I found out yesterday that a fellow named Chris is doing all the web work. Tony just made sure that all of the sites that Bob bought were properly registered. 

I believe at the moment Tony's only job is to listen out for the sound of the other shoe dropping.  :D
#29 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:

Actually I found out yesterday that a fellow named Chris is doing all the web work. Tony just made sure that all of the sites that Bob bought were properly registered.  I believe at the moment Tony's only job is to listen out for the sound of the other shoe dropping.  :D
Ahah. Well, if those are your white shoes, it may be an interesting job.. (not quite sure where the humour is there.. oh well)
#30 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:

Actually I found out yesterday that a fellow named Chris is doing all the web work. Tony just made sure that all of the sites that Bob bought were properly registered.  I believe at the moment Tony's only job is to listen out for the sound of the other shoe dropping.  :D
Ahah. Well, if those are your white shoes, it may be an interesting job.. (not quite sure where the humour is there.. oh well)
Sorry to disappoint you, Hawkeye...but Tony has never met me...let alone my shoes. LOL!
#31 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:

Sorry to disappoint you, Hawkeye...but Tony has never met me...let alone my shoes. LOL!
Lol :D I guess that would make the job mighty hard. 
#32 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:

Right now Tony's only job as far as MARBLECOMICSGROUP.COM goes is to keep Bob happy and productive. 

That's my job as well.  :-)
#33 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446 said:

Right now Tony's only job as far as MARBLECOMICSGROUP.COM goes is to keep Bob happy and productive.  That's my job as well.  :-)
Teamwork at its finest :D
#34 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446

At the moment, I'm trying to figure out what to do about DragonCon, the big annual convention here in Atlanta that I despise. Sigh... 

I thought my convention days as an exhibitor were over, but life has a funny way way of telling you that one can only be The Master of Your Destiny to a point until others, eventually, step in.
#35 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446:  At the moment, I'm trying to figure out what to do about DragonCon, the big annual convention here in Atlanta that I despise. Sigh...  I thought my convention days as an exhibitor were over, but life has a funny way way of telling you that one can only be The Master of Your Destiny to a point until others, eventually, step in.
Indeed! How destiny is a inset word referring to a female dog here.  

Dare I ask, why do you dislike DragonCon? Is there something specific or is it Conventions in general?
#36 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr said:
@Hawkeye446:  At the moment, I'm trying to figure out what to do about DragonCon, the big annual convention here in Atlanta that I despise. Sigh...  I thought my convention days as an exhibitor were over, but life has a funny way way of telling you that one can only be The Master of Your Destiny to a point until others, eventually, step in.
Indeed! How destiny is a inset word referring to a female dog here.   Dare I ask, why do you dislike DragonCon? Is there something specific or is it Conventions in general?

Who the heck is your avatar, Hawkeye? 

I'm not crazy about DragonCon because it if basically a Science Fiction convention...not a Comic Book convention. It is more about wearing costumes and meeting movie stars. 

The "Artist's Alley" where they put all the comic book artists is tucked away that the far end of the convention. Most of the 100,000 attendees that show up every year don't even know that the Artist's Alley exists.
#37 Edited by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr
The current one? Mockingbird, Hawkeye's ex.. lol.. 

Anyway, Yuk. I like Science Fiction, Buttt, I hate the "movie star" aspect.. 
#38 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawkeye446 said:
@Roxanne Starr: The current one? Mockingbird, Hawkeye's ex.. lol..  Anyway, Yuk. I like Science Fiction, But, I hate the "movie star" aspect.. 

Well, as it turns out I don't think that DragonCon will be that bad this year. :D 

The movie stars will still be there, but I probably won't have the time to let that bother me.  :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.