Follow

Katara

Character » Katara appears in 52 issues.

Born in the Southern Water Tribe. Katara is a powerful master waterbender and renowned as the greatest healer of her time. She was the waterbending teacher of Avatar Aang. She also his wife and the mother with their three children, Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi.

Waterbending

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By _Sojourn_

This is possibly the best type of bending there is. I mean the ability although only capable when a full moon is out- to control the blood in someones body is awsome. Not to mention that you-if one was a waterbender- could drain the water from plants, and take it from the air is amazing. Katara could beat any foes she wanted to... Who else thinks so

Elixir95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Elixir95

Waterbending is my second bending disipline. My favourite is Earthbending.

But Katara's Waterbending rules. I've seen a new trailer for the end of season three, and she holts all the rain. AWESOME!

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Sojourn_

where did you see that?

...Its funny, ever since I saw waterbending I have been practicing tai chi the fundemental style used by the waterbenders. I have gotten pretty good at it too, I think I would even be able to beat Katara in a bending battle.

Elixir95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Elixir95

http://avatarspirit.net/index.php#529

Cool. My favourite bending disipline would have to be Toph's Earthbending style Southern Praying Mantis. I've been trying to find lessons where I live but I can't find any. But I'm a very good Korean Kickboxer and have skipped a belt twice.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Resonate

yeah...if they would allow her to use Waterbending in a more conventional way, then yeah she'd be pretty awesome

sadly, she's stopped by like a y-7 rating....

SK8BOARDKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SK8BOARDKID

Well I kinda agree with both of you guys but my favorite is firebending, I know you guys are going to say BBOOOOOOOOO

but i like the way how they learned from dragons and i liked how the can generate enough heat to create "Combustion" and "Lightning", in other words the "Cold Blooded Fire"

Slight,I also liked Waterbending its my 3rd favorite. I liked how she stopped the rain from the trailer elixir just showed you. I liked how waterbenders can heal and shoot off water orbs and freeze them making a huge glacier.

Elixir, wassup i havent heard of you from a while but any ways i like earthbending. Its my 2nd favorite. I like how earthbenders can just stomp the ground and make huge boulders appear and kick them to there opponents. But my favorite earthbending move is "Quicksand" or "Crystal Armor". Just turning solid ground to quicksand and immobilizing your opponent is cool. making a crystal armor is cool too because......well......you look COOL!!!

Bleach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Bleach

I think she could be better

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Resonate

oh no I like Firebending too

it's frickin sweet

SK8BOARDKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SK8BOARDKID

FIREBENDING RULES!!!!!!.........Im not saying that I like the Fire Nation, Just saying I like how Firebenders can make Lightning.

SK8BOARDKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SK8BOARDKID

Well thats true but I Like the Sun Warriors since they learned from the Dragons.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Resonate

I just think that Iroh and Zuko are the two most beast characters from the show, so yeah the Fire Nation is awesome

Elixir95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Elixir95

I'm good! Earthbending just rules! If you are an Earthbender, you could basically defeat anyone if they give them enough cretdit on the show. I hate Firebending, it's my least favourite element, but I have to say, ithas the best sub-skill!

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Waterbending FTW. Like, no competition. The key with any bending, especially waterbending, is imagination. Waterbending is the best bending ever because you literally can do anything. Any bending move can be countered in some way. If one uses lightning, all a waterbender has to do is collect the lightning's energy in a stream of water and redirect elsewhere or simply trap it in the water. If Toph tries to use metalbending, a waterbender can freeze the metal to near breaking point. There are a multitude of possibilities for anything, since water is anywhere and everywhere.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

And one of the stances in that trailer was a Bloodbending stance. She must use bloodbending again.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Gloom says:

"Cryo-Wolf says:
    "Waterbending FTW. Like, no competition. The key with any bending, especially waterbending, is imagination. Waterbending is the best bending ever because you literally can do anything. Any bending move can be countered in some way. If one uses lightning, all a waterbender has to do is collect the lightning's energy in a stream of water and redirect elsewhere or simply trap it in the water. If Toph tries to use metalbending, a waterbender can freeze the metal to near breaking point. There are a multitude of possibilities for anything, since water is anywhere and everywhere."
    What do you do against airbending, though?"

There's water in the air. If someone creates a whirlwind, a waterbender need only reach in to the water in the wind and control it while keeping it in air form. Like controlling the water vapor in it or simply turning the wind into mist and controlling it from there.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gloom

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Waterbending FTW. Like, no competition. The key with any bending, especially waterbending, is imagination. Waterbending is the best bending ever because you literally can do anything. Any bending move can be countered in some way. If one uses lightning, all a waterbender has to do is collect the lightning's energy in a stream of water and redirect elsewhere or simply trap it in the water. If Toph tries to use metalbending, a waterbender can freeze the metal to near breaking point. There are a multitude of possibilities for anything, since water is anywhere and everywhere."

What do you do against airbending, though?

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gloom

Cryo-Wolf says:

"There's water in the air. If someone creates a whirlwind, a waterbender need only reach in to the water in the wind and control it while keeping it in air form. Like controlling the water vapor in it or simply turning the wind into mist and controlling it from there."

Air is partially made up from water vapor, right, but not only of it. Surely a tornado would continue turning even if deprived from the 1 to 4% of it that is actual vapor...?

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

You could also redirect the air. Wind is caused by temperature changes, right? When hot air changes to cold, doesn't it like shrink? Therefore the shrinkage would cause a vacuum that'd need to be filled. Thus causing air to rush in and you have wind. Waterbenders can control temperature by making it colder. If a tornado is coming toward you, change the temperature in a different area enough and the wind will push it the other way. In theory it should work.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gloom

Cryo-Wolf says:

"You could also redirect the air. Wind is caused by temperature changes, right? When hot air changes to cold, doesn't it like shrink? Therefore the shrinkage would cause a vacuum that'd need to be filled. Thus causing air to rush in and you have wind. Waterbenders can control temperature by making it colder. If a tornado is coming toward you, change the temperature in a different area enough and the wind will push it the other way. In theory it should work."

That's actually pretty awesome. You seem to have given this a lot of thought. ;)

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Well, I'm sorta passionate about it. I thought about it alot during the creation of Cryo. Water is fundamentally everywhere, so that got me thinking. I thought it would be enough to control the wind by controlling the water vapor in it, but then one day I asked my teacher how wind was formed, like what causes it. When she told me, I knew I would be able to make Cryo do it. He could potentially create wind if he wanted to.

Elixir95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Elixir95

Cryo-Wolf says:

"And one of the stances in that trailer was a Bloodbending stance. She must use bloodbending again."

Yeah, I see that stace too. Hey, has any one bar me and SK8 seen the two new episodes that were released last week?

Elixir95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Elixir95

Cryo-Wolf says:

"You could also redirect the air. Wind is caused by temperature changes, right? When hot air changes to cold, doesn't it like shrink? Therefore the shrinkage would cause a vacuum that'd need to be filled. Thus causing air to rush in and you have wind. Waterbenders can control temperature by making it colder. If a tornado is coming toward you, change the temperature in a different area enough and the wind will push it the other way. In theory it should work."

The air would have to be really humid. They can only bend the temperature by using the water, they can't directly just bend it in general

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _Sojourn_

What were the two episodes about? Anyway... even though waterbending is the BEST, air bending is awsome two, I only say this because, when Aang collected air and made it into the form of his body, that was freakin sweet.

Elixir95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Elixir95

Sokka and Zuko broke into the Boiling Rock, the best guarded Fire Nation prison. The action in the second part was amazing.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By _Sojourn_

OMG wow, I saw the clip for the new season and all I can say is OMG, like Katara is just badass, and Zuko kindoff already knew he would turn good. o and i saw that Katara bloodbends. where did you see that episode? you got to get me the hookup to all this Aavatar stuff ok
    Post Edited:2008-05-08 19:01:36

mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mighty dude

i like water bending the best i mean u can cut through solid objects

xXi0RIXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xXi0RIXx

if i could....i would be a fire bender(stronger during the day)

Desilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Desilation
    Slight said:
    "

This is possibly the best type of bending there is. I mean the ability although only capable when a full moon is out- to control the blood in someones body is awsome. Not to mention that you-if one was a waterbender- could drain the water from plants, and take it from the air is amazing. Katara could beat any foes she wanted to... Who else thinks so

"

yeah its a pretty awesome power
    trekkirboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By trekkirboy

my fav style of bending is airbending. there is so much you can do with it.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Roddy010

I LOVE Airbending and Waterbending......

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.