Follow

Katana

Character » Katana appears in 946 issues.

A superb samurai, she uses her deadly sword, The Soultaker, to fight evil around the world. The mystic sword contains the soul of every person killed by it and Katana can communicate with those souls. She is currently a member of the Suicide Squad.

Who are fans of Katana and why do you like her?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher
    No Caption Provided

I don't wanna be the first one to share but since I'm the one creating the thread, I feel like obliged to.

So the first time I saw Katana was in Batman: The Brave and the Bold cartoon series. The first time I saw her, I already felt her strong personality. Her appearance looks interesting already.

So i really tried googling who she is until i got her name. She's a cool character.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jhazzroucher

anybody?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

as an Outsiders fan, i appreciate her but am not all that interested in her personally.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bogey

First time I seen her is when they re-released the old Batman and the Outsiders comics that my grandpa drew. She's okay, definitely like her NEW 52 outfit.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@Bogey: Jim Aparo is your Grand Pappy? That's pretty awesome :)

Anyway, that was my first sighting of Katana (the original not the reprint) and although she's not on the top of my list of favorite characters she is close because I like the more "down to earth" heroes more often than not. I liked the rest of the Outsiders to.

Unfortunately I have yet to see her in the show but her New 52 is alright so far in BoP.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

She's one of my favorite characters!

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am and much like lady shiva she is underrated and under used. Still i like they are using her more in the new 52.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Sadly I had my impression and interest in her rather ruined by how the last edition of the Outsiders ended, where she rather blindly followed the increasingly deranged Geo-Force simply because he was king. I can appreciate stalwart loyalty a long way, but that was just past the marker.

As for the New 52 version...well she rather seems to have traded the modern samurai in for a tech ninja, and we have quite a lot of those already, wearing bats on their chests.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

She is a cool street level hero. And she has unique style and she is strong fighter.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By storm-is-life

i think she is pretty cool because of her swords and how they steal souls and how great she is at combat

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
    Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fan of Katana, Here!

Still hoping one day the DC will let her Shine, I've always think her potential as a comic book character is incredible...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.