Who are fans of Katana and why do you like her?

#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't wanna be the first one to share but since I'm the one creating the thread, I feel like obliged to.

So the first time I saw Katana was in Batman: The Brave and the Bold cartoon series. The first time I saw her, I already felt her strong personality. Her appearance looks interesting already.

So i really tried googling who she is until i got her name. She's a cool character.

#2 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

anybody?

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

as an Outsiders fan, i appreciate her but am not all that interested in her personally.

#4 Posted by Bogey (934 posts) - - Show Bio

First time I seen her is when they re-released the old Batman and the Outsiders comics that my grandpa drew. She's okay, definitely like her NEW 52 outfit.

#5 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5415 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bogey: Jim Aparo is your Grand Pappy? That's pretty awesome :)

Anyway, that was my first sighting of Katana (the original not the reprint) and although she's not on the top of my list of favorite characters she is close because I like the more "down to earth" heroes more often than not. I liked the rest of the Outsiders to.

Unfortunately I have yet to see her in the show but her New 52 is alright so far in BoP.

#6 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

She's one of my favorite characters!

#7 Posted by Primebonnick (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

i am and much like lady shiva she is underrated and under used. Still i like they are using her more in the new 52.

#8 Posted by Outside_85 (8100 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly I had my impression and interest in her rather ruined by how the last edition of the Outsiders ended, where she rather blindly followed the increasingly deranged Geo-Force simply because he was king. I can appreciate stalwart loyalty a long way, but that was just past the marker.

As for the New 52 version...well she rather seems to have traded the modern samurai in for a tech ninja, and we have quite a lot of those already, wearing bats on their chests.

#9 Posted by Vitalius (1563 posts) - - Show Bio

She is a cool street level hero. And she has unique style and she is strong fighter.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.