X-Men First Class 2: Karma

#1 Posted by ultimatekey (152 posts) - - Show Bio

The director announced that a sequel to X-men First Class is in the works. They said they could set it in the Vietnam War. Do you guys think they should involve Karma in the movie. After all, her origin story takes place during the Vietnam War. It would be cool seeing her mentally possessing people even though Professor X did it in the first movie. I can see her brother Tran becoming one of the antagonists. Maybe, he could be a member of Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil. At the end, Karma could absorb him. I can see her uncle being involved in all of this. I can see him capturing Karma's younger twin siblings as hostages and maybe force Karma to be evil. I can see her as a 16 year old in the movie. It would be cool if she joined the X-men and this inspired a New Mutants movie, since she was the first one to join the team. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatekey said:

The director announced that a sequel to X-men First Class is in the works. They said they could set it in the Vietnam War. Do you guys think they should involve Karma in the movie. After all, her origin story takes place during the Vietnam War. It would be cool seeing her mentally possessing people even though Professor X did it in the first movie. I can see her brother Tran becoming one of the antagonists. Maybe, he could be a member of Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil. At the end, Karma could absorb him. I can see her uncle being involved in all of this. I can see him capturing Karma's younger twin siblings as hostages and maybe force Karma to be evil. I can see her as a 16 year old in the movie. It would be cool if she joined the X-men and this inspired a New Mutants movie, since she was the first one to join the team. What do you guys think?

That would be too confusing if Karma was done like this. Remember the New Mutants appeared years after the X-Men were well established. Plus there is already talks of a New Mutants movie, and it would be easier to establish that team as separate from the First Class continuity which would make Karma way too old to even be a New mutant (remember they are all in the early 20s now in comics). Plus they need to establish the School and the original first Class (Scott, Jean, etc) before they do Karma.

#3 Posted by ultimatekey (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, sorry about that. Well, since they are talking about a New Mutants movie, I can see Cypher dying at the end of that movie. I just thought it would work because, Karma did live during the Vietnamese War. Oh, well. BTW, isn't Karma in like her mid or late 20s in the comics, since she is the oldest?

#4 Posted by thestepfordcuckoos (147 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatekey: During the New Mutants, Karma/Xi'an, was the oldest of the New Mutant at the age of 19 at the time she joined the team. She was also the leader because of her advanced age but gave it up because she saw Danielle/Mirage and Sam/Cannonball as more fit leaders. Also I think your idea is cool especially as a segway into a New Mutants movie. Maybe they could have her escaped the war by herself and meeting the X-Men and Xavier gives her the strength and power to go back and defeat her uncle and brother, Tran.

Personally even as much as I love Angel Salvdore I thought in the first movie that Sage should have been in movie and should have been one to leave with the Hellfire Club but in secret she would become his spy. Like in the comics. Hopefully that is what Angel is in the end. But I thought it would be better as Angel in all right was the first mutant Xavier found other than Magneto. She came before Beast and even Scott and Jean. Maybe the next movie should take place in the 80 during the Soviet/Afghan war.

Also I wonder if Wolverine and Sabertooth will have a camo in the movie as in the Wolverine Origins movie there were clips of them at the Vietnam War.

#5 Posted by ultimatekey (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@thestepfordcuckoos said:

@ultimatekey: During the New Mutants, Karma/Xi'an, was the oldest of the New Mutant at the age of 19 at the time she joined the team. She was also the leader because of her advanced age but gave it up because she saw Danielle/Mirage and Sam/Cannonball as more fit leaders. Also I think your idea is cool especially as a segway into a New Mutants movie. Maybe they could have her escaped the war by herself and meeting the X-Men and Xavier gives her the strength and power to go back and defeat her uncle and brother, Tran.

Personally even as much as I love Angel Salvdore I thought in the first movie that Sage should have been in movie and should have been one to leave with the Hellfire Club but in secret she would become his spy. Like in the comics. Hopefully that is what Angel is in the end. But I thought it would be better as Angel in all right was the first mutant Xavier found other than Magneto. She came before Beast and even Scott and Jean. Maybe the next movie should take place in the 80 during the Soviet/Afghan war.

Also I wonder if Wolverine and Sabertooth will have a camo in the movie as in the Wolverine Origins movie there were clips of them at the Vietnam War.

Well, if it was Angel that Xavier first met, how would it work out? And I think you meant Mystique not Magneto. The part about Sabretooth and Wolverine sounds cool.

#6 Posted by thestepfordcuckoos (147 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Yah. I really didn't like that. With accents being gone expect for Charles - who talks with a posh Mid-Atlantic English accent) and Erik (and his many accents throughout the movie. He even speaks in Michael's Irish accent accent once in the movie). I wanted for Moira and Sean to have their Irish (Sean) and Scottish (Moira) - Rose even has Irish and Scottish ancestry. Darwin Bronx/Brooklyn accent. Oh and Emma's posh fake-British accent - I really wanted that. I would have died to see that. But I heard the director or someone asked the actors to avoid the accents. Ugh.

Lets not even speak on Havok. If they were going to put him in the movie I think that they should have at least moved the timeline of the movie up. I mean he can't canonically be Scotts brother while he could but he'd be at least 30 years older than him. I heard that he's going to be canonically for the movies a uncle or possibly he's father. That's totally bull. I know Scott and Alex have a good amount of age difference (Scott being in his thirties and Alex in his early twenties) but that a heck of a gap for the movies. I think they should have based the movie after Wolverines Origin movie and put Scott in it and not Havok or worked with it.

Wolverine is getting a another movie I heard that will deal with his time in Japan. I can't for that.

@ultimatekey: Well, I think it would go that name way it did when Magneto took over New York and Angel joined the Brotherhood to protect her children and Beak. Even though she doesn't have Beak or her children I think that Angel could come into some conflict with Erik and Brotherhood morals. She's a hero at her core but she also wants to be expected and thought of as beautiful just like Raven does. Maybe she could contact them (or Sean. Seems like there was a connection there. Lol.) and tip them off to something the Brotherhood is doing and telepathic contact and protect will be held with Angel and Charles like Sage and Charles did when he asked her to be a spy for the Brotherhood.

And we're both wrong. In the comics Storm and Amahl Farouk are his first encounter with mutants then Magneto and then Sage while in the Afghanistan and then Amelia Voght in India who was his nurse after his legs had been broken while before meeting Sage and being saved by her. He actually doesn't meet Mystique until Magneto forms the Brotherhood. Mystique before then was working for the goverment with Destiny (Irene Adler), Wolverine, and Sabertooth at the time before leave to have a life with Irene and Rogue.

Also I think it would be cool to have a little bit of Sabertooth and Wolverine in the movie. As the Professor has always at little with-forth on information on how many time he's acutally seen and meet Logan. And it doesn't help that Wolverine healing factor heals over his memory at times.

#7 Edited by ultimatekey (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Yah. I really didn't like that. With accents being gone expect for Charles - who talks with a posh Mid-Atlantic English accent) and Erik (and his many accents throughout the movie. He even speaks in Michael's Irish accent accent once in the movie). I wanted for Moira and Sean to have their Irish (Sean) and Scottish (Moira) - Rose even has Irish and Scottish ancestry. Darwin Bronx/Brooklyn accent. Oh and Emma's posh fake-British accent - I really wanted that. I would have died to see that. But I heard the director or someone asked the actors to avoid the accents. Ugh.

Lets not even speak on Havok. If they were going to put him in the movie I think that they should have at least moved the timeline of the movie up. I mean he can't canonically be Scotts brother while he could but he'd be at least 30 years older than him. I heard that he's going to be canonically for the movies a uncle or possibly he's father. That's totally bull. I know Scott and Alex have a good amount of age difference (Scott being in his thirties and Alex in his early twenties) but that a heck of a gap for the movies. I think they should have based the movie after Wolverines Origin movie and put Scott in it and not Havok or worked with it.

Wolverine is getting a another movie I heard that will deal with his time in Japan. I can't for that.

@ultimatekey: Well, I think it would go that name way it did when Magneto took over New York and Angel joined the Brotherhood to protect her children and Beak. Even though she doesn't have Beak or her children I think that Angel could come into some conflict with Erik and Brotherhood morals. She's a hero at her core but she also wants to be expected and thought of as beautiful just like Raven does. Maybe she could contact them (or Sean. Seems like there was a connection there. Lol.) and tip them off to something the Brotherhood is doing and telepathic contact and protect will be held with Angel and Charles like Sage and Charles did when he asked her to be a spy for the Brotherhood.

And we're both wrong. In the comics Storm and Amahl Farouk are his first encounter with mutants then Magneto and then Sage while in the Afghanistan and then Amelia Voght in India who was his nurse after his legs had been broken while before meeting Sage and being saved by her. He actually doesn't meet Mystique until Magneto forms the Brotherhood. Mystique before then was working for the goverment with Destiny (Irene Adler), Wolverine, and Sabertooth at the time before leave to have a life with Irene and Rogue.

Also I think it would be cool to have a little bit of Sabertooth and Wolverine in the movie. As the Professor has always at little with-forth on information on how many time he's acutally seen and meet Logan. And it doesn't help that Wolverine healing factor heals over his memory at times.

Well, I hope they bring back Darwin because that whole energy ball scene was BS! He BETTER be resurrected. And if he does, I can see Angel Salvadore and him become a couple. Sea can be like a close friend or it could be like in the first 3 X-Men movies where Bobby had feelings for Shadowcat and Rogue and Rogue was mad because she cannot touch him. It would be nice if they show Angel's background story just like Rogue's in the first X-Men movie. It would be interesting if Darwin and Angel become a couple because they are both Afro-Latino. I like the idea of Angel conflicting with her morals.

I do not know if its too early for this idea, but in the second or third X-Men: First Class movie, they should show Emma Frost joining the X-men. I do not know what would be the plot but maybe something like she finally sees what she's doing and feels sorry for maybe killing someone? The person that would persuade her to join the X-Men would be either Charles or Sean. If it was Sean, it would be a reference to Generation X. And maybe they would lead the New Mutants. It would be like combing Gen X and New Mutants together, but they already did a movie on Gen X before, so maybe this is not a good idea.

I have been thinking about a fight between Mystique and Emma Frost.

Mystique (Looking like a snake, venom in her eyes, I mea, looking sinister) (Circling around Emma): You think you are so beautiful, smart, and cunning. What do you call yourself?

Emma: I'm Emma Frost (turns to diamond), the White Queen. (With her wit, she says something insulting)

Mystique: Well, my majesty, we should see who is the true queen! (Starts fighting with her martial arts)

Or something like that LOL.

#8 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love for Karma to be in it, would be a great nod to her original comic origin

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.