Music in Uncann X-Men 501

#1 Edited by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio

At the end of Uncanny X-Men 501 and the begining of 502, Karma is listening to a song that goes "...and what costumes shall the poor girl wear / to all tomorrow's parties / for Thursday's child is tomorrow's clown..." 

Does anyone know what the song is and what (if any) the significance is of it here?
#2 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they make up the songs :P and i also want to know the name of the song that Dazzler sings about Adam and Eve, when Scott is with Emma, and he see's Maddie in the club.

#3 Posted by jordama (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

Velvet Underground all the world's parties
#4 Posted by jordama (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a really slow odd song, not sure why it was seleceted as the song she was listening too
#5 Edited by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama:  
 Thank you. *shrug* Maybe it was chosen because it was that odd? Maybe other songs costed too much to use.  I'm just glad they didn't use the Indigo Girls or Melissa Ethridge to really cement that she's gay. I mean, I like both of them, but it would be really pathetic.

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx:

I know, Dazzler's is a very silly song. And also, she wants to be Adam? We'll be running into some biological problems there... 

#6 Posted by jordama (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

eveytime a song is refenced i try to google it to see the connection, as far as I can tell, all the songs are real songs. Warpath was listening to Hurt, most likely the Cash cover in X-Force and I remember a scene with Wolverine and Pixie about his car going 65 or something.
#7 Edited by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:

"eveytime a song is refenced i try to google it to see the connection, as far as I can tell, all the songs are real songs. Warpath was listening to Hurt, most likely the Cash cover in X-Force and I remember a scene with Wolverine and Pixie about his car going 65 or something. "

That was a cute scene. "Logan - Wolverine. His Masarati does 185."
#8 Posted by pixie_child (258 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

"I wonder if they make up the songs :P and i also want to know the name of the song that Dazzler sings about Adam and Eve, when Scott is with Emma, and he see's Maddie in the club. "

I ended up making a new icon with the song. I know the picture doesn't technacally match, but she may have been singing the song that night as well. 

Pixie - Uncanny X-Men 500
#9 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember seeing a Nine Inch Nails poster in Wither's room way back in New X-men, if that counts for anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.