Follow

Character » Karma appears in 1607 issues.

Karma is a mutant with the ability to mentally possess other beings. A founding member of the New Mutants, she is one of the few confirmed and openly lesbian characters. She lost a leg and now has a cybernetic one in its place.

How Strong is Karma's Telepathic Resistance??

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I know she has mild telepathy, but how good is her resistance to others.  How hard would it be for Proffessor X or Emma Frost to read her mind??  To control it??  I know she was mind controlled by the Shadow King, but she has since perfected her powers.  I'm just wondering because seeing as she is with the X-Men, i was wondering if she could be like Xavier or Emma and walk into all sorts of situations without the constant fear of being mind controlled.   

Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone??
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Just wait for Pix or Xerox-kitty to sign on, they'll know lol

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By iLLituracy

I think it was in the Manifest Destiny mini-series where she was bested telepathically by Emma. To be fair, she was still emotional over Kitty's death.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @iLLituracy said:
    " I think it was in the Manifest Destiny mini-series where she was bested telepathically by Emma. To be fair, she was still emotional over Kitty's death. "
    Yup.  Emma was giving one-to-one lessons on telepathy.  She easily defeated Karma's powers saying that she needs to be less emotional... pretty lame characterisation, considering that Karma had always been a logical character, rarely prone to emotional outbursts. 

But anyway, as that story demonstrated, Karma's telepathy is still pretty weak.  Her possession is pretty strong, but doesn't stand much chance against other telepaths.  And she's only started to use telepathy as an aspect of her powers, so that's still pretty weak & is easily defeated by the Professor & Emma Frost.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    " I think it was in the Manifest Destiny mini-series where she was bested telepathically by Emma. To be fair, she was still emotional over Kitty's death. "
    Yup.  Emma was giving one-to-one lessons on telepathy.  She easily defeated Karma's powers saying that she needs to be less emotional... pretty lame characterisation, considering that Karma had always been a logical character, rarely prone to emotional outbursts.  But anyway, as that story demonstrated, Karma's telepathy is still pretty weak.  Her possession is pretty strong, but doesn't stand much chance against other telepaths.  And she's only started to use telepathy as an aspect of her powers, so that's still pretty weak & is easily defeated by the Professor & Emma Frost. "

ok thanks for explaining that.  do you think that she could become one of the great telepaths with practice??
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    "ok thanks for explaining that.  do you think that she could become one of the great telepaths with practice?? "
    Anything's possible.  Although personally, I doubt it.  I'd rather see her expand her own possession powers more, than turn into another run of the mill telepath.
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty said:
    " @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    "ok thanks for explaining that.  do you think that she could become one of the great telepaths with practice?? "
    Anything's possible.  Although personally, I doubt it.  I'd rather see her expand her own possession powers more, than turn into another run of the mill telepath. "

yeah that would actually be cooler. 
    pentagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By pentagram
    @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    Anything's possible.  Although personally, I doubt it.  I'd rather see her expand her own possession powers more, than turn into another run of the mill telepath. "
    yeah that would actually be cooler.  "
    definitely
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pentagram said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    yeah that would actually be cooler.  "
    definitely "
    glad you agree

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.