Follow

Kang

Character » Kang appears in 841 issues.

A time-traveling conqueror with vast powers and technological supremacy, Kang the Conqueror has taken every opportunity to torment the Marvel Universe, and is one of the Avengers' greatest foes. Kang has amassed an empire with a citizenry of millions, and cut a swath of terror through the ages.

No chances for Kang in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Avatar image for darthdestructor
    DarthDestructor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarthDestructor
    No Caption Provided

^This image says all. Fox is still owning Kang, the Conqueror.

This is very sad news for me, becouse I always loved Kang as a villain, and I hoped for him to appear in phase IV maybe.

What do you thing about it? Would you want Napoleon of Time in the MCU? or you more likely want him to be in Fantastic Four movies?

No Caption Provided

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@darthdestructor: Kang is my favorite villain so I would have loved for him to be in the MCU. Kang Dynasty would have made a cool movie, but it would have been hard to differentiate it from the first two as there would be a ton of fodder and one real fight like with the Chitauri and Ultron drones. I don't think that we will see Kang used at Fox as there are so many other FF and X-Men villains that could be used before him.

I was surprised at first that Kang's rights were with Fox even knowing that he appeared first as Rama Tut. I think it is most likely due the fact that he is most likely a descendant of Reed or Doom. Whenever they sold the rights, probably sold the rights to the whole Richards family.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well MCU wouldn't of do him justice anyways.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

It's still possibly that he could be used by both Fox and Marvel, seeing as while his first appearance was in Fantastic Four, his first actual appearance as Kang the Conqueror was in Avengers, so we could have another "Quicksilver moment" here where either company could both use him, but simply can't reference certain things about him depending on how he's used.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: I bet they sold the rights to all the Richards family when they made their agreement with Fox which is why Fox has the rights.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer: I bet they sold the rights to all the Richards family when they made their agreement with Fox which is why Fox has the rights.

They could easily get around that by never referring to him as a Richards, they could simply call him just "Kang."

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: I'm sure the agreements are more sophisticated than that or there would be pseudo Wolverine and Spider-Man in the MCU. I was trying to think of a logical reason why his rights would be over at Fox when other characters that started in the FF and arguably more tied to the group were not part of the deal with Fox when Kang was. Him being related to Richards or Doom was really the only one I could come up with.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bryan Singer did an interview where he talks about a potential cross-over between X-Men and FF, and that it would involve time. Who better than the Conqueror to use as a villain for a potential crossover. It'd be cool to play with the fact that he is related to Reed.

Bryan Singer Hints at X-Men and FF crossover

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MakkyD

They'll probably get the rights when they need him. They're too busy setting up Thanos atm to worry about him.

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what? Fox own Kang!?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.