Huh, Masked Rider was missing from the vine?

#1 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6216 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I added him and the first issue of his Marvel volume, but there are a lot of his Manga appearances to be added, plus the Power Rangers/Masked Rider comic is out there to be scanned, not to mention enemies.... Well just another new challenge for the points hungry! 

#2 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio

Doing a little research, lots of Power Rangers comics are missing too. I'll try to add some later.

#3 Posted by inferiorego (28266 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a lot of smaller stuff missing on here that really should be on here. Mainly indy books. For a long time Ghost World wasn't even on here. Marvel and DC are great, but we need more indy.

Staff
#4 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio

A just added all the Power Rangers volumes I could find. Still looking for Masked Ranger manga though.

#5 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: you should make a thread in the editing tools forum for things that need to be added. I can only add things I am aware of and I know a few of us editors have down time every now and then and it would give us something to work on. Not all of us have work at a comic shop you know :)
#6 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6216 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
"A just added all the Power Rangers volumes I could find. Still looking for Masked Ranger manga though. "
Masked Rider, not Masked Ranger, I think some of his Manga is called Kamen Rider Zo
#7 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

I think i remember this guy....

#8 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6216 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"I think i remember this guy.... "

I had the Sega CD choice based game in the 90's, the Japanese TV series and comics rocked, the American ones were dull
#9 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio
@eganthevile1: I know, it just so happened since the comic you put up was with the Power Rangers and I noticed they were missing also. I found about 13-16 issues of Kamen Rider Spirits which I will add soon. From what I can tell, the Masked Rider is only one of many 'Masked Riders'. The one you added appears to be Kamen Rider Ichigo, at least as far as I can tell.  Having a little more trouble finding Kamen Rider Zo, at least covers. I found tons of sites where you can read the mangas for free.

Manga can be confusing to those of us who do not keep up with it. There have apparently been tons of movies and TV series with this guy or someone like him in it. Any more info you have would be helpful.
#10 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6216 posts) - - Show Bio

Manga masked rider comics do exist, trying to find the english translation for this title of his 

#11 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything I can find (and I found that picture, but the English version) says that that is Volume 13 of Kamen Rider Spirits. I think they also say 'Legend of the Masked Riders' on them, but every site and sale calls it Kamen Rider Spirits. I downloaded the pics at work and I'll add them on my lunch break tomorrow.

#12 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6216 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart:

They are all The Masked Rider, just differant secret identities, you know CV rules, secret identies dont count unless they are very seperate from the hero identity
#13 Edited by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio

Added the other 14 covers to Masked Rider Spirits. Having a hard time finding covers for any other series. I found a pic for Kamen Rider ZO, but it is really small. When it stretches it will not look good. 

The other ones I can figure are Kamen Rider Black and Kamen Rider Gaia (Masker Rider Eve), or the other way around, I've seen it both ways. Still looking for those.

#14 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people care about Masked Rider but no one shows Batman Jones any loving? ( He doesn't have a page either)

#15 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: Who's Batman Jones? Tell me some stuff about him and I'll try to get some stuff together and add him. I could care less about the Masked Rider. What I do care about is ComicVine being complete as possible.
#16 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: Alright. I'll gather up as much as i can and write you up a good summary on him a little later. He's this kinda campy character whose parents where saved by Bats so they named their baby Batman Jones. He dressed as Batman and would tag along with the dynamic duo for a couple of their mission (Dressed as Batman) Then he became fascinated with stamp collecting and gave up his Batman fandom. He recently appeared in like the 2nd or third issue of Battle for the Cowl. 
#17 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: Actually you could wiki him if you'd like. There's a lot on him and I'm sure you're a lot better at making pages that I. 
#18 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio
Masked Rider Gaia
Masked Rider ZO

Kamen Rider Black was not it's own manga as far as I can tell, it was in Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. I can't find any info on any other manga or comic appearances.
#19 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6216 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
"Masked Rider Gaia
Masked Rider ZO  Kamen Rider Black was not it's own manga as far as I can tell, it was in Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. I can't find any info on any other manga or comic appearances. "

Ahhh isn't finding Manga characters with English search parameters fun? All I could find of Masked Rider on Milehigh Comics was his 1st Marvel Issue, and google wasnt much better, but great job on the Spirits volume
#20 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6216 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:
"Why do people care about Masked Rider but no one shows Batman Jones any loving? ( He doesn't have a page either) "
Masked Rider was/is a great character, watch the shows (Japanese shows mostly, US show sucked) watch the movie The First, and read the Manga, and then tell me M.R. doesnt rule. Great character in every sense. Just not clear if he is an alien or a human who got his power from aliens
#21 Edited by HellfireSamurai (13 posts) - - Show Bio
@eganthevile1:
The Kamen Rider (Masked Rider in U.S.) franchise has a bunch of riders since the one you have pictured isn't even the original. Archiving this character is going to be a lot of work since you'll probally have to break down the various series and seperate out the various riders that there have been.  Not trying to dis the pic or anything since it's a great one of that particulary rider but I would suggest putting up some of the original Kamen Rider 1 or the revamped look of Kamen Rider 1 from the Kamen Rider: The First movie. I agree that The First and The Next are great movies that do show newcomers just how sweet Kamen Rider is and even the new US adaption of Kamen Rider Ryuki. Most who say he sucks have probally only seen the old Saban Masked Rider show which I gottat admit did kinda suck compared to the Jap and current US stuff. 

Also the original 3 Kamen Riders were humans who were turned into cyborgs by the villianous organization Shocker but rebelled against it hence their powers in and out of costume. As far as I know all riders after are human but depending on the series obtain their powers different ways.
#22 Edited by Devilly (799 posts) - - Show Bio
@eganthevile1: ^what he said you added a lousy page which made no sense 
1 pic of Kamen Rider ZO a different character 

@eganthevile1 said:

" @jloneblackheart: They are all The Masked Rider, just differant secret identities, you know CV rules, secret identies dont count unless they are very seperate from the hero identity "

2 Totally not true in fact all those aliases are wrong from Ichigo to Double its always been another guy with a different set of powers and identity (except Black RX who`s the upgraded form of Black in the original story line) so not different identities of one person.

Notice how there`s not one Kamen Rider but rather 26
2 The powers of Kamen Rider Super-1 what does he have to do with anything else on the page? nothing
3 i`m assuming this is for the American Masked Rider (which was the American adaptation of Kamen Rider Black RX) and not all riders right? well then i made a bad since i made it into Ichigo`s page instead of that Edenoid loser`s page... so ehhh.. yeah sorry about that but it actually makes more sense that way!!

Guess fans would appropriate it more if you actually took a little bit more time to learn about the characters before you add something blindly to the wiki.
 @jloneblackheart:   i`ve been having those covers on Animevice for months now haven't thought of that yet?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.