Follow

Kamandi

Character » Kamandi appears in 382 issues.

In the future, the Great Disaster destroys society as we know it, changing the status quo and leaving mutated animals as the dominant species and mankind as mindless animals. It is into this world that Kamandi emerges from a bunker and begins his struggle to survive.

If Revived

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By SilverZeo

Okay, after being in limbo for over 30 years, with only a few spotted cameos, homages, and a 'edgy' Elseworlds series, the Last Boy on Earth is finally being remembered today with decent role in Final Crisis and an upcomming appearance in the new Batman show. This may result in having a renewed series. But my main concern is this: Will it work out right.

Remember Adam West as Batman? Well, look how different Batman is from then. True we see Batman as a real character as a dark brooding character rather than an over upstanding costumed citizen, but  with Kamandi, he has been establish as a character that always has hope in the future no matter bad things are for him while only having a few issues with his anger, he would even do the right thing to the people who had wrong him.  Another thing with Batman is that he has been evolving over time to reach what he is today, while Kamandi has been  almost forgoten ; overlooked by many of the revamps of comics over the years. The way I see it, Jack Kirby remodified Planet of the Apes, not like the 2001 Tim Butron Flim, but added more depth to the idea, like having other animals besides monkeys as the doimnate speices of earth, and not to menetion adding more bizzare things that were the results of the Great Diaster.

But over all, if they do reintroduce Kamandi, I fear that the writers might true to introduce too dark elements to the seires, like Human Love slaves and Human-Bugger joints everywhere where Kamandi, or whatever over the top dark theme plot ideas that being over used today. Let's just leave the human race as bucnh of cavemen who are considered to be either as slaves or pets for awhile.

I  just hope someone like Jone Byrne, who wrote the Superman/Batman Generations, or Geoff Johns, who has been reintorducing classic characters and stories that have been almost forgoten and giving them a decent remodication for the modern comic world, as the writers at the start, to deliver the classics elements of the seires and then we can move on with new concepts with other writers.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

I think that Kamandi's appearance in Final Crisis is more a way of Morrison to be more poetic. He said that the story would start with the first boy on Earth (Anthro) and would end with the last boy on Earth (Kamandi)

outside that I doubt there will be too much love for the character

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NightFang3

@Nighthunter said:

"I think that Kamandi's appearance in Final Crisis is more a way of Morrison to be more poetic. He said that the story would start with the first boy on Earth (Anthro) and would end with the last boy on Earth (Kamandi)outside that I doubt there will be too much love for the character "

That sucks.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Chaos Agent

and for the record, Kamandi is in Wednesday Comics

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.