Follow

Kaine

Character » Kaine appears in 430 issues.

Kaine was the first clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. He was suffering from clone degeneration and became an assassin and spent years tormenting his clone brother, Ben Reilly. He has since taken up the mantle his now dead brother as the new Scarlet Spider.

Will Kaine ever take the mantle of Spider-Man ?

Avatar image for roguejuggernaut
    RogueJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RogueJuggernaut

I believe after 5 or 10 years we will be seeing Kaine taking the mantle of Spider-Man?Well what do you guys think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so.

RogueJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RogueJuggernaut

@_slim_: Of course he will because just like Robin took the mantle of Batman.We already know that Ben Reilly a.k.a the first Scarlet Spider took the mantle of Spider-Man because even some times superheroes need rest.Eventually it is possible because he has morals and Superpowers like Spider-Man.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i believe the real Peter will be back by the time the next Spider-Man movie comes out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RogueJuggernaut said:

@_slim_: Of course he will because just like Robin took the mantle of Batman.We already know that Ben Reilly a.k.a the first Scarlet Spider took the mantle of Spider-Man because even some times superheroes need rest.Eventually it is possible because he has morals and Superpowers like Spider-Man.

Kaine will not take the mantle of Spider-Man, even with all the stuff going with Parker right now, 5 - 10 years from now it will still be Peter as Spider-Man. You use examples of Robin (Dick) and Ben taking the mantles of Bruce and Peter, for awhile they did, but in the end Bruce and Peter took back their respective mantles. Is it a possibility, maybe, but it's no guarantee.

RogueJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RogueJuggernaut

@_slim_: DUH! Even I know that.What I meant was will he take the mantle for short amount of time just like Dick Grayson.

RogueJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RogueJuggernaut

@_slim_: Have you seen the Amazing Spider-Man #700.Wait till you find out who becomes the Superior Spider-Man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RogueJuggernaut said:

@_slim_: DUH! Even I know that.What I meant was will he take the mantle for short amount of time just like Dick Grayson.

Ok. He won't IMO.

RogueJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RogueJuggernaut

How are you so sure he won't?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RogueJuggernaut said:

How are you so sure he won't?

How are you so sure he will?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JonSmith

@RogueJuggernaut said:

Of course he will because just like Robin took the mantle of Batman.We already know that Ben Reilly a.k.a the first Scarlet Spider took the mantle of Spider-Man because even some times superheroes need rest.Eventually it is possible because he has morals and Superpowers like Spider-Man.

No, he doesn't. He has various powers similar to Spider-man, such as wall crawling, super strength, super agility, etc. But I'm fairly certain the same could be said for ALL of the Spider-Women. Aside from that, Kaine has powers Spidey doesn't, such as Logan Envy, no spider sense (Spidey's most important power), and the ability to control spiders. But all of that's details. He could still be Spider-Man if not for one little flaw: He kills people. Y'know what Carnage is doing these days? He's locked up in a cell inside his comatose host, Cletus Kasady, whose comatose because Kaine put a bullet in his skull. He's an ex-Assassin for hire.

Aside from that, he doesn't WANT to be Spider-Man. Hell, he doesn't want to be the Scarlet Spider. He doesn't even want to be a hero. He just wants to go to Mexico and spend the rest of his life baking in the sun. Why on EARTH would he return to New York, let alone take over being Spider-Man, a role he is not only ill suited for, it's a role he would hate to have?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Strider1992

Honestly at some point he will. It'll be a short stay kinda like Jean Paul Valley as Batman. Due to his powerset and his connection to Peter its almost inevitable that he will become Spider-man at some point for a short while. Whether its 2 years or 20 years from now it will definitely happen eventually. I'd be willing to bet money on it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92 said:

Honestly at some point he will. It'll be a short stay kinda like Jean Paul Valley as Batman. Due to his powerset and his connection to Peter its almost inevitable that he will become Spider-man at some point for a short while. Whether its 2 years or 20 years from now it will definitely happen eventually. I'd be willing to bet money on it.

It's DEFINITELY gonna happen? How are you so certain? Do you know something everyone else doesn't? Just like the OP you have no definite/guaranteed way of knowing, all you have is your opinions/theories just like the rest of us.

Is it a possibility? Maybe. But don't come across as if your know this as fact, for all we know he could be killed off in two years.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@_slim_ said:

Is it a possibility? Maybe. But don't come across as if your know this as fact, for all we know he could be killed off in two years.

Kaine has died twice (might even be 3 now I think about it. I'll have to look it up). Death doesn't seem to be a problem to him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92 said:

@_slim_ said:

Kaine has died twice (might even be 3 now I think about it. I'll have to look it up). Death doesn't seem to be a problem to him.

Ha!

But that wasn't the point I was trying to get across. I just threw "Kaine getting killed off" out there.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@_slim_: Yeah I see you're point. I guess saying its definite is a bit presumptuous however due to his prior connection I see him as much more likely candidate than anyone else in the Marvel Universe. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a "Knightfall" type scenario in the future.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92: Fair enough.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By TDK_1997

He will but for a short time.Like maximum 2 or 3 arcs.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Wyldsong

Technically, he already did in Grim Hunt for a very short period=)

SuperStarKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SuperStarKirby

@JonSmith: Dick Grayson didn't want to be Batman, either.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By InnerVenom123

You're missing the point of what Kaine's doing in Scarlet Spider if you want Kaine to become Spider-man.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

I hope so

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992

@InnerVenom123 said:

You're missing the point of what Kaine's doing in Scarlet Spider if you want Kaine to become Spider-man.

True being Spider-man does kind of undermine everything we've seen. However look at it from Marvel's point of view. Obviously Peter is always going to be THE Spider-man and will always return but if they do run out of ideas for him they have the perfect cop-out by giving Peter time off and introducing Kaine as Spider-man. A "Knightfall" type scenario in Spider-man seems very likely simply because Kaine is the perfect cop-out for giving Peter stories a break and we all know how much Marvel likes the easy answers! It won't be anytime soon but the chances of this not happening seem very very low to me.

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By infonation

@RogueJuggernaut: Even if Kaine doesn't take over, he can still fight the good fight in his own way! LONG LIVE YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBOORHOOD SPIDER-MAN!!!

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By consolemaster001

@RogueJuggernaut said:

I believe after 5 or 10 years we will be seeing Kaine taking the mantle of Spider-Man?Well what do you guys think?

@RogueJuggernaut said:

NO X INFINITIE

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.