Will Kaine ever get an Arch Nemesis?

#1 Posted by DickGrayson (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine needs an arch enemy, I was thinking it could end up being Kraven. What do you all think?

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine doesn't really need an archenemy, but he kinda already has two.

Himself and The Jackal.

#3 Posted by fesak (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should dig out some obscure villains and upgrade them similar to how they did the Savage Six in Venom.

#4 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4808 posts) - - Show Bio
He's doing just fine without one already. I like the idea that he's fighting several new enemies than locking onto one villain.   Like Agent Venom just kept fighting Jack O'lantern for a while then Crime Master makes the Savage Six which includes Jack...  I like Arch Villains, but to simply make his 1st villain encounter be his Arch Nemesis. All the time is whack.  I prefer to see Kaine keep fighting these newbies until one does something that's worthy of being his Arch Nemesis.  It can be Jackal or Kraven, but I rather wait to officially give him one. (+)
#5 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Jackal more and dont like Kraven but i like when he fights with Carnage

#6 Posted by tupiaz (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I haven't read anything with Kaine since the second clone saga but I always figure him as violent anti-hero. Why have he suddenly become a good guy? Seems kind of weird.

#7 Posted by Onemoreposter (4065 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Himself and The Jackal.

Yeah, I'd say the Jackal is his arch. However, if they give him a new one it should be one of the goblins. There are enough of them to go around.

#8 Posted by DickGrayson (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yung ANcient One: That is understandable.

#9 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4808 posts) - - Show Bio
@tupiaz:  He was a Villain/ Violent Anti-Hero
And he still is a Violent Anti-Hero. The thing is though he has a 2nd chance at life. Since he's been cured of his illness. He wanted to go to Mexico, but got sidetracked. Ever since then he's been all Heroish.  That's a short explanation to not spoil the story.  (+)
#10 Posted by Strider92 (16596 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling the Assassins Guild (Belladonna) might become his arch-nemesis.

#11 Posted by funnyfishman (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Or even better he could join The Assassins Guild.

#12 Posted by rodiggle (20 posts) - - Show Bio

The Assassins Guild will come into play again but I think he will be at odds with Venom.

OR

The son of the Blob and the Hobgoblin... The Blobgoblin

#13 Posted by Mycroftian (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure Kaine will end up with a primary villain eventually, but I'm okay with that process taking a while. Jackal seems the most likely candidate, sure, but you never know what might develop. Personally, Ideally, I would like him to wind up in Spidey's situation, where there are actually a couple villains you could make an argument for as being the archenemy. A little competition can't hurt

#14 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven should be a Parker villain. Maybe one of the spinoff Kravens?

#15 Posted by consolemaster001 (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

He eventually will get one. sadly

#16 Posted by k4tzm4n (45324 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

The ending of issue 6 means it's pretty safe to say Sergei will appear at some point.

Staff
#17 Posted by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I have a feeling the Assassins Guild (Belladonna) might become his arch-nemesis.

This, she is my vote. Also I wouldn't be angry for the Guild to get some new members that are more of a real danger to him.

#18 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@fodigg said:

The ending of issue 6 means it's pretty safe to say Sergei will appear at some point.

Oh naturally, and I should have clarified I meant that he should be a Parker "arch-nem" not an exclusively Parker villain. Of course there should be a confrontation between the two of them, but I don't think he should be shifted from a predominantly Spider-Man villain to a predominantly Scarlet Spider villain. For example, this was done with Kingpin shifting from Spidey to Daredevil back in the day. Or Mystique from Ms. Marvel to X-Men.

#19 Posted by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by HushoftheWind (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Himself and The Jackal.

^This. This is so This i dont even think This can be said better

#21 Posted by funnyfishman (92 posts) - - Show Bio

The Blobgoblin LOL

#22 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

As I said in another thread, Carnage should become his archenemy. Lobotomised Casady meets the criteria.

#23 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

I absolutely ADORE your theories.

#24 Posted by TDK_1997 (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I hope he gets one.He deserves an arch nemesis.

#25 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should bring a Hobgoblin character into Scarlet Spider world or a Mutant like Avalanche.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.