What makes Kaine such an interesting character?

#1 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine is Scarlet Spider. Yost made us believe it. What makes Kaine such an interesting character?

#2 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a hero, but doesn't want people saying/believing he is a hero. He's genuinely trying to figure out who he really is, and he is his own biggest enemy so far.

Who else is like that?

(+)

#3 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yung ANcient One: Cool answer.

#4 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion its that he is Peter without the good upbringing. He's Spider-man without Uncle Ben's set of principles and his own outlook on how things should be done. The main thing I find interesting that he is the what If? version of Peter but also a unique character in his own right.

#5 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: I must admit I love your spidey-related comments. They're kind of unique. Honestly.

#6 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: Why thank you :). The Spider-Brothers are my favorite characters in comics (aside from Backlash who is also awesome) so i'm generally motivated to make any point about them as clear as possible.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (15097 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes him interesting for me is the fact that he kind of the bad side of Peter.He is not evil but he just doesn't have such high morals as him.

#8 Posted by w0nd (4076 posts) - - Show Bio

It would have worked better if they didn't do this octospidey thing. They are pretty much the same now, A spider-man who didn't have a good up bringing. I actually think Kaine is doing a better job at controlling his violent tendencies better than Ock

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.