Thoughts on Khoi Pham's art/Scarlet Spider 7?

#1 Posted by Strider92 (16239 posts) - - Show Bio

What was your opinion was on Pham's art in Scarlet Spider #7?   
I personally enjoyed it. There were a few things here and there that nagged at me (a couple of faces) but for the most part I thought the drawing (especially the combat) was pretty sound. Having drawn for DareDevil (I believe it was DD) Khoi already had the advantage of having already drawn agile characters and it showed:   

Yost's writing as usual was great and:   
#2 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: I laughed so hard this issue, kaine's one night stand was too funny. khoi Pham draws good facial expressions but I'm not too sure about how he draws scarlet spider. It seemed a little flat, but then again following stegmans perfect art is hard work for any artist. I'm going to stay on for this arc but hopefully they get a better artist in the future. Yost's writing is the only thing saving this from being dropped even though I love it. Just wish Stegman would come back or they would find a better artist than Khoi Pham.

#3 Posted by ChaosMarvel (997 posts) - - Show Bio

7 issues in and Kaine's already had a one-night stand? That dude moves fast!

#4 Posted by TDK_1997 (14651 posts) - - Show Bio

I told you that Pham's artwork is good.His style is cool but Ryan Stegman had better style.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated it, I don't think I'll be picking up the next issue

#6 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it. but his facial exression were a bit exaggerated.

#7 Edited by Strider92 (16239 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: Yeah i'm trying not to compare it to Stegman's because honestly imo he's one of the best current artists in the comic industry at the moment so anyone who has to follow him is in for a tough time.

Khoi's at was sound though. I'd have preferred a bit more detail on Kaine's anatomy (like how Khoi drew the Rangers. Their anatomy was detailed and pretty awesome) but apart from that I can't really complain. We didn't get Liefeld so its all good lol!

#8 Posted by CrimsonCake (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

I always have a problem with facial expressions,but these are fine.

#9 Posted by danhimself (22447 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I might of liked Pham's art more than Stegman's

#10 Posted by TDK_1997 (14651 posts) - - Show Bio

His artwork was great as always.

#11 Posted by The_Madness (98 posts) - - Show Bio

My only complaint is Scarlet Spider himself is much less detailed and less defined. It looks like he's wearing a cheap knock off costume now. But I'm optimistic wit will get better.

#12 Posted by Kratos05 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Dman I didn't know that Pham is that bad. He sucks badly.Ryan better come back or I will drop this book.

#13 Posted by The_Madness (98 posts) - - Show Bio

As a cruel little tease, he still does the cover art. :(

#14 Posted by Kratos05 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Shit. Pham will mess Minimum Carnage.

#15 Posted by The_Madness (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Two of the issues are in Venom so he won't do all the art.

#16 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Im getting caught up and just finished #4. Stegmans art has been excellent and this has been my favourite read lately. Im kinda disappointed after seeing those scans.

#17 Posted by The_Madness (98 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still gonna follow it, its still written well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.