Follow

Kaine

Character » Kaine appears in 430 issues.

Kaine was the first clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. He was suffering from clone degeneration and became an assassin and spent years tormenting his clone brother, Ben Reilly. He has since taken up the mantle his now dead brother as the new Scarlet Spider.

Thank you, C. Yost

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Thank you, Mr. Yost, for these two wonderful years. Thank you for this wonderful comic book. Kaine was one of a kind. In Yost we trust, we're waiting for the New Warriors comic book.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

(+)

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Webhead_99

Now I'm just gonna cry. :(

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm posting again... WHY? Because a series that IMHO is suddenly "greatly loved" needs more love on its last day.

I love Spider-Man. He was my first favorite Super Hero. Time has shown me more super heroes that I have come to love as much as Spidey.

I been away from comics for a while and I returned to the scene in 2011. I started off picking up trades instead of single issues. There were a few series I was able to enjoy. I enjoyed Remender's X-Force, Remender's Venom, Aaron's X-Men, Brubaker's Winter Soldier, a few others and Yost's Scarlet Spider.

As time went on, most of these series ended. Today is the day the final issue of Yost's Scarlet Spider comes out. I enjoyed this series very much.

I personally feel I can relate to Kaine a lot. The self doubt, the feeling of having friends I'm not worthy of, having a habit of using foul language, not wanting to do something but feeling the need to be nice.

Kaine Parker is a great character. He is Peter Parker if he decided to be a cynical punk. A Parker who has never been Mr. Nice Guy but isn't all that bad. A man that lives by his rules and no one else. Until he grows to care for others.

This series showed a transformation of a character that was a misguided cynical villain to a cities hero who is still cynical. Yost's stories were sublime.

I loved seeing Kaine interact with Aracely and the rest of his friends. I love him being hesitant to help but feels obligated too. I love how he treats villains. He's a smart mouth like Parker is but in a more aggressive manner.

Yost wrote many great tales and Stegman drew masterful panels. This series will be missed but hey... we can still get some of our Kaine Fix in New Warriors.

Everything comes to an end and that's a beautiful thing.

It's been fun Yost. Thank You... again.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

(+)

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm posting again... WHY? Because a series that IMHO is suddenly "greatly loved" needs more love on its last day.

I love Spider-Man. He was my first favorite Super Hero. Time has shown me more super heroes that I have come to love as much as Spidey.

I been away from comics for a while and I returned to the scene in 2011. I started off picking up trades instead of single issues. There were a few series I was able to enjoy. I enjoyed Remender's X-Force, Remender's Venom, Aaron's X-Men, Brubaker's Winter Soldier, a few others and Yost's Scarlet Spider.

As time went on, most of these series ended. Today is the day the final issue of Yost's Scarlet Spider comes out. I enjoyed this series very much.

I personally feel I can relate to Kaine a lot. The self doubt, the feeling of having friends I'm not worthy of, having a habit of using foul language, not wanting to do something but feeling the need to be nice.

Kaine Parker is a great character. He is Peter Parker if he decided to be a cynical punk. A Parker who has never been Mr. Nice Guy but isn't all that bad. A man that lives by his rules and no one else. Until he grows to care for others.

This series showed a transformation of a character that was a misguided cynical villain to a cities hero who is still cynical. Yost's stories were sublime.

I loved seeing Kaine interact with Aracely and the rest of his friends. I love him being hesitant to help but feels obligated too. I love how he treats villains. He's a smart mouth like Parker is but in a more aggressive manner.

Yost wrote many great tales and Stegman drew masterful panels. This series will be missed but hey... we can still get some of our Kaine Fix in New Warriors.

Everything comes to an end and that's a beautiful thing.

It's been fun Yost. Thank You... again.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

(+)

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: That's exactly how I felt, Y_A_one and that's why I posted this thread. Odd enough, Scarlet Spider is the comic book that brought me back to Marvel. Suffice to say, your post is a nicely built Kaine/Yost shrine. In Yost we trust, Kaine will be the best character in N.W. I'm quite certain.

P.S. You wrote: "I personally feel I can relate to Kaine a lot". Me too, man. Actually, that's why I had posted this thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/kaine/4005-8667/forums/is-kaine-more-relatable-than-peter-755556/#22

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phaedrusgr: Yeah, I have a tendency to pick my favorite characters who I relate to. I rarely have a favorite character who is a complete opposite of me.

I want to read Yost's Red Robin tales. I heard they are good and with my experience of reading Kaine, I believe it.

(+)

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: You will definitely love them!!! I read them, when I found out that Yost was the writer and, believe me (for your own good), you won't be disappointed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Looks like I missed out on something great. :0

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.