Scarlet Spider(s)

#1 Posted by Taylors005 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

unless im mistaken (completely possible), it appears marvel has let Kaine completely hijack the "Scarlet Spider" alter ego from Patrick. could anyone correct me if i am wrong? or does marvel have 2 clones running around as "Scarlet Spiders"?

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35159 posts) - - Show Bio
@Taylors005 said:

unless im mistaken (completely possible), it appears marvel has let Kaine completely hijack the "Scarlet Spider" alter ego from Patrick. could anyone correct me if i am wrong? or does marvel have 2 clones running around as "Scarlet Spiders"?

I though he was dead? Anyway Kaine deserves it far more than him.
#3 Posted by Taylors005 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

patrick was still alive in the youth in revolt miniseries from fear itself. as far as i can follow he's still alive and marvel just kinda dropped him off the grid.

#4 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I believe Patrick is still alive. I would argue that Kaine has more of a claim to the name Scarlet Spider but as I've said before in my opinion he should have kept the name Tarantula.

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine is far more deserving, so I don't really care. No offense to any fans of the character, of course.

#6 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Where did Patrick even come from? I know there where 3 of them at one point and the others died but who where they? Robots like the other Scarlet Spider?

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35159 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92 said:

@ReVamp: Where did Patrick even come from? I know there where 3 of them at one point and the others died but who where they? Robots like the other Scarlet Spider?

clones of MVP
#8 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: I'll have to look into that. I've never heard of MVP

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Yeah, they were clones of a character that were given the Scarlet Spider Mantle during the initiative. Not really related much to Spidey.

#10 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Just did a bit of research on them and it looks like it was something Marvel did on a whim lol! No idea how they came up with that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.