Scarlet Spider #6 to be the last issue drawn by Stegman

#1 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the link below, Ryan Stegman will be leaving Scarlet Spider to work on Fantastic Four. Khoi Pham has been announced to be taking over the artist responsibilities in issue #7 Personally, I'm not too pleased considering I absolutely LOVE Stegman's work on Scarlet Spider.

What do you guys think?

http://comics.ign.com/articles/122/1222931p1.html

#2 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

*sigh*

Why can't Marvel have any book with a consistent artist? Every artist leaves after 6 issues. "Creative team" seems like a dead concept these days.

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Sucks.

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (6311 posts) - - Show Bio

ok i havent read SS but marvle really need to stop doing this...and haveing the dude work on the shitfest that is Fantastic four...i am disapponted marvel very dissaponted

#5 Posted by War Killer (19972 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

*sigh*

Why can't Marvel have any book with a consistent artist? Every artist leaves after 6 issues. "Creative team" seems like a dead concept these days.

Agreed. I personally wish they would find a creative team that fits the book and keep them there for a while, it's annoying when you have such a creative team on a book only for one or both leave and have a crappy one replace them.
#6 Posted by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

*sigh*

I agree i'm going to miss Stegman's art but i'm also pretty psyched to see what Khoi does with the series. His art is pretty awesome.

#7 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@X35 said:

*sigh*

I agree i'm going to miss Stegman's art but i'm also pretty psyched to see what Khoi does with the series. His art is pretty awesome.

This. I absolutely loved Stegman's art on this book and at first I wasn't really happy with this news. However, I think that Khoi is really a talented artist and he will probably do very well.

I think it could have been worse than this and we, Scarlet Spider fans, should feel lucky right now because we are safe from Rob Liefeld, who is too busy planning the destruction of DC comics like Deathstroke :(

#8 Edited by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall said:

I think it could have been worse than this and we, Scarlet Spider fans, should feel lucky right now because we are safe from Rob Liefeld, who is too busy planning the destruction of DC comics like Deathstroke :(

Amen to that!

Found this while surfing the net i'm guessing this is Khoi's art. Looks like he's going to do a good job once its been inked etc..:

#9 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Khoi Pham art on miguel O'hara. It's good enough to cover for Stegman (although I will miss stegman details on action scenes)

#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (36414 posts) - - Show Bio

MARVEL, Y U TEASE IT AS "KRAVEN" AND THEN MAKE IT ANA KRAVEN?!

Staff Online
#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32728 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180 said:

ok i havent read SS but marvle really need to stop doing this...and haveing the dude work on the shitfest that is Fantastic four...i am disapponted marvel very dissaponted

FF is not shit >_>
#12 Posted by Z3RO180 (6311 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: thats just the way i view ff i have never liked it i only really like the thing

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Sad but true.

@Death Certificate: Agreed, Stegman's art was just amazing. I'm fine with Pham taking over but I don't understand why...

@k4tzm4n: LOL!

#14 Posted by SadiaVicious (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92:Man, Kaine looks skinny.

I will miss Stegman.

#15 Edited by Strider92 (16111 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

MARVEL, Y U TEASE IT AS "KRAVEN" AND THEN MAKE IT ANA KRAVEN?!

I found a quote from Yost on Scarlet Spider 6 that should please you.

Yost: "So Ana Kraven comes to town in issue #6 and of course her father isn't too far behind."

The battle between Kaine and the Kravens in "Scarlet Spider" #6 will be especially interesting in terms of visuals

It says Kravens in plural. Does this mean he's gonna fight them both at the same time lol?

source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38009&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Kraven Stegman style? me like!:

#16 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.