Scarlet Spider #17

#1 Edited by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

There aren't many comics that actually get me excited (especially when they are 3 months away) but SS 17 has Belladonna taking Kiane up on his deal. Back in Scarlet Spider 4 Kaine said he would do one job for the assassins guild and guess what it is!?

Thwip Vs Snikt

Yep he's got to kill good ol Wolvie! Even better news is that Carlo Barbieri is penciling!!!! Will Kaine do a better job than Superior against Logan?

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure he will.

#3 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

This makes me almost regret dropping this book. Looks good.

#4 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

While i'm sure the battle will be epic, I wish it were someone a bit less popular. I'd way prefer a assassination contract that Kaine can/will actually fufill. Make him kill Jessica Jones, (or worse their baby) for some story she did a long time ago. Don't tease the death of Wolverine unless your willing to go through with it.

#5 Edited by Lvenger (18246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: It's gonna be a bit anti climatic though you have to admit. Even moreso than the conclusion to Batman 17 supposedly is (which I haven't read yet so no spoilers) As if Marvel are gonna kill off one of their biggest selling characters who is seemingly omnipresent in the Marvel universe. Still Yost is an excellent writer so he should have something up his sleeve and Kaine vs Wolverine should be an awesome fight I have to say. And the return of the stealth suit=awesome!

#6 Edited by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Yeah neither will die but Wolverine isn't the only mutant Kaine is going up against in the solicits it says he's going to tear through Jean Grey's school for mutants. Looks like Kaine is going to slug it out with multiple mutants!

Kaine Vs X-men will be funny lol!

#7 Posted by Lvenger (18246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Kaine vs The X-Men. Don't know whether that's unfair on Kaine or the X-Men

#8 Edited by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Well Yost is writing on his own series, on a character he likes and given how the Superior Vs Wolverine fight went in Avenging I don't like the X-men's chances!

#9 Posted by Lvenger (18246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Heh good point!

#10 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

In before Kaine faceplants the entire mutant school into concrete lol!

#11 Posted by Lvenger (18246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Lvenger said:

In before Kaine faceplants the entire mutant school into concrete lol!

Careful, you might gain the wrath of the raindrops for implying that their precious Storm might be beaten by Kaine!

#12 Posted by Strider92 (16080 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: It would be funny if that does happen. However Kaine either needs to be exceedingly stealthy or exceedingly smart if he really does tear through the entire school -.o

#13 Posted by Lvenger (18246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Good thing he has the stealth suit he borrowed from Peter to help him with that! Though I remember Wolverine being able to smell Kaine in an epilogue to Spider-Island.

#14 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be very interesting.

#15 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

They better pull this one off good. Looking forward to it. So glad I picked it up again. :D

#16 Posted by NICKXH (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Carlo Barbier!!! YES!! Why didn't they get him to replace Stegman in the first place instead of f**king Khoi Pham? Because he was the sole reason why I dropped that book.

#17 Posted by Demonturtle (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!

#18 Posted by PunyParker (8933 posts) - - Show Bio

IF HE'S THE ONE WHO KILLS OFF LOGAN,I WILL PUT A POSTER ON MY WALL!!(and take off my barbie poster.....ha!.....i kid myself!)

#19 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolvie probably wont die. I want him to, but supposedly there is a rumor going around that Marvel plans on killing wolverine next year after Age of Ultron.

#20 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6165 posts) - - Show Bio

Comes in the thread, takes a big ole poop on all the "Kaine will wipe the floor with the X-Men" fanboy talk, states Yost is himself a borderline fanboy with an illegal license for PIS, then leaves the thread stating emphatically that Wolverine would clean Kaine's clock.

Especially in a fight to the death.

Turns around somewhat sheepishly before leaving, states he was slightly exaggerating with all the fanboy talk, but likes stirring up the hornets nest (and still holds the X-Men would clobber Kaine, let alone Wolverine on his lonesome, who consequently better hopes his stealth suit is fully operational).

Then leaves thread.

#21 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to go on the record saying Kaine wounds Wolverine sufficiently to cause all life signs to cease, thus giving the appearance of death, shows off the corpse, then resuscitates Wolverine or otherwise brings him back once the job is over, and the deal is set.

Thus, he fulfilled his end of the bargain: He killed Wolverine. Not his fault Wolverine didn't stay that way.

#22 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's obvious Kaine won't kill Wolverine, but the fight will be more than exciting! It won't be the first time, spider vs X-men for those that have read Secret Wars. We do know Kaine will kick some x-b..t. And to be honest, I'm quite confident Yost will avoid clichées etc. I believe this fight will be really original. Oh, dear Yost, I hope we'll have a scarlet ending to this one!

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Just can't wait for the issue.

#24 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09: I'm so tired with the concept of "let's kill a hero for a while". Especially when we're talking about heroes that have tons of fans. Anyway, as I said previously, Kaine won't kill Wolverine. I believe they'll think of something (Yost will think of something).

#25 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3096 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr: Ya me too it's gotten old really fast. Superman I got it. Batman I got it (though the way he was revived was lame). Both were to show who the world would move on if these two characters were gone. Spider-man was stupid. If Superior was someone completely different like Miles it would be alright. Wolverine is retarded, he is arguably the most recognizable X-men. I think Marvel is doing this because they don't own the rights to these characters and cant put them in their movies even though it's there fault The Amazing Spider-man isn't in Phase 2 of the MCU.

#26 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: One more day for the "Other"...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.