Kaine's Morals

#1 Edited by Strider92 (16737 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering if Yost would explore the more lethal side of Kaine as during "Point One" and his fight with Salamander he seemed to not want to kill anymore. Which I thought was a shame. Then I read Scarlet Spider #4 and he took on his old persona and was perfectly willing to kill (Don't look at this if you haven't read SS 4 yet to avoid spoilers):

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8200/scarletspider4thegroup0.jpg

I for one am glad that he is a killer. I think that taking the lethal side away from his character would be a mistake.

What are you opinions on this? Are you happy that he's still quite happy to kill or do you think he should have stuck with how he was acting before?

. He was perfectly willing to kill:
#2 Edited by haydenclaireheroes (9192 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to see that he is totally different from Spider-man. Like the slogan says he is spider-man except without the responsiblity and that makes a big difference

#3 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it works for kaine to have these morals.

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally like that he has a killer instinct. It differentiates him from Peter and keeps the story separated.

#5 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that it's great that he's still willing to kill when necessary. In this series, we can see that he's trying to be a real hero and tries to spare the life of some criminals but unlike Spidey, Kaine is smart enough to see that sometimes, there's no other way than getting his hands dirty. It really differentiates him from Peter and that makes him more interesting IMO.

#6 Posted by consolemaster001 (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

He is fine, for now.

#7 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

I think stuff should be like this :

Spider-man - never kills

Scarlet Spider - depends on occasion

Venom - always kills.

#8 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@JimTheSurfer: Agree on this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.