Kaine's costume: Love it or Hate it?

#1 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently picked up issue 2 of Scarlet Spider and finally got a glimpse of Kaine's suit in action (apart from Point One where we saw a little bit). Before I read it I wasn't really that keen on the costume design it felt a bit bland and un-creative but after reading that issue its actually starting to grow on me.

The first image I saw was the cover to Scarlet Spider 1: I took one look at this and thought "urg!"

Then after seeing this I started to like it. (if you haven't read the issue you might want to avoid reading the text to avoid spoilers):

So what are your thoughts on it?

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it's cool.

#3 Posted by _slim_ (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like it, and I hate Scarlet Spiders (though I like Kaine)

#5 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
I like it.
#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

It's awesome.

#7 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone likes it :D

#8 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks pretty awesome.

Feels like it needs spikes somewhere though.

#9 Posted by ColonelRunAway (363 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it so much. The red eyes on black mask, the plain spider on the front with the triangle on the back. It's just a perfect inversion of Peter's classic suit.

#10 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it.

#11 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was alright but not spectacular after seeing it for the first time, but my opinion has only improved after seeing it more. It's a very effective look. Thumbs up.

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks ok.

#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

love...

#14 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it but it'll never beat the original hoodie...

#15 Posted by IronHerc (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Hoodie will reign supreme.......but still this costume is awesome and it fits kaine perfectly

#16 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12592 posts) - - Show Bio

@ColonelRunAway said:

I love it so much. The red eyes on black mask, the plain spider on the front with the triangle on the back. It's just a perfect inversion of Peter's classic suit.

This

#17 Posted by Z3RO180 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

i like how kaine is taller and has a more muscler build and dount start me on how awesome the suit is....i always liked the idea of the copy becomeing a bit strounger than the original.

#18 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine's new costume is pretty cool but it does remind me of the Pittsburgh Steelers old uniforms from 1966. Not that that's a bad thing.

#19 Posted by SoA (5243 posts) - - Show Bio

its red n black , nuff said

#20 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

love it

#21 Posted by SadiaVicious (136 posts) - - Show Bio

After Scarlet Spider 2 I'm loving it, the artist makes the difference.

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig it. It's something new and there's nothing wrong with that.

#23 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@SadiaVicious: I agree, before reading Scarlet Spider #2 I hated it but now i'm really starting to like it!

#24 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11723 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. But I preferred his classic costume.

#25 Posted by ComicMan24 (147037 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

It's awesome.

This pretty much covers me.

#26 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the man it the costume. I wanted to see Ben Reilly again.

#27 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979: Really? I like Kaine as a character. Although I do agree he should have a different name. Personally I think he should have kept the name Tarantula.

#28 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, although I hope this design is still usable in the future

#29 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good

#30 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the costume design. I like that it is different from the Ben Rielly costume design

#31 Posted by Mattersuit (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. It's spicy

#32 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

looove it.

#33 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Does no one think its a bit too much like Spider-Man? I'm wondering when people will confuse him with the latter, ending up with people thinking Parker's Spider-Man is a murderer.

#34 Edited by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Well in the synopsis for Scarlet Spider 5 it says he's attracted the attention of the Avengers. Maybe that's exactly whats happened.

#35 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@ReVamp: Well in the synopsis for Scarlet Spider 5 it says he's attracted the attention of the Avengers. Maybe that's exactly whats happened.

Meh. I'm not sure, Spidey would probably tell them he knew who that is. Its possible they're after him, but I doubt they're trying to figure out who he is.

#36 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Well Kaine has changed the suit but Peter still should know who it is. Not sure what another reason could be.

#37 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@ReVamp: Well Kaine has changed the suit but Peter still should know who it is. Not sure what another reason could be.

Exactly.

#38 Posted by TDK_1997 (15075 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it.

#39 Posted by consolemaster001 (6088 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty cool

#40 Posted by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

I thought it was alright but not spectacular after seeing it for the first time, but my opinion has only improved after seeing it more. It's a very effective look. Thumbs up.

#41 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

Love it.

this

#42 Posted by Teerack (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it a lot. I think it suits Kaine. That being said.... the hoodie he had on over his costume in the beginning was pretty bad ass looking. I really hope if they ever decide to bring back Ben Riley he'll have an outfit with a hood like that but still sleeveless..

Point One #1
Point One #1
#43 Posted by PunyParker (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

Its awesome!!

Liked it more than Reilly's....generally,i'm bonded with Kaine....until Pete is back again,i believe this is gonna be my favourite book!.....(as it is for the past 3-4 months)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.