Kaine and The Other

#1 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Yost said he was going to explore "The Other" and it looks like it begins in Scarlet Spider 13 and continues in 14.

SCARLET SPIDER #13

CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) • KHOI PHAM (A)

Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

"IN THE MIDST OF WOLVES" PART ONE OF THREE

• Brand new arc! Mysteries come to light as a threat from Mexico comes for Aracely, the girl Scarlet Spider saved in issue ONE.

• An old foe of Spider-Man's returns, the mutant werewolf CARLOS LOBO... and he's not alone.

PLUS: What is the secret of Kaine's new powers? How did he come back to life after the Grim Hunt? The answers begin here, as everything changes for the man called Kaine.

32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

SCARLET SPIDER #14

CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) • KHOI PHAM (A)

Cover by Max Fiumara

“IN THE MIDST OF WOLVES” PART TWO OF THREE

• The cast deals with the fallout from last issue’s shocking fatality.

• The Lobos are on the prowl as Aracely fights for her life.

WHO IS THE OTHER?

32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like we might get some answers!

#2 Edited by PunyParker (9402 posts) - - Show Bio

When i read The Other i thought of JMS arc..!!

#3 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

Thats what it is!

#4 Posted by danhimself (22444 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe his new powers were a setup to a result of the ending of Amazing Spider-man....maybe Kaine will be taking over as the center of the web

#5 Posted by PunyParker (9402 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@PunyParker said:

Thats what it is!

Really?...how?

#6 Edited by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker: Kaine was resurrected with the same abilities Spider-man had after "The Other" and by the same being when he died. Yost hinted that he was going to do this at the beginning of last year. This is the same thing that happened in "The Other: Evolve Or Die" :) Thats what i've heard anyhow.

#7 Posted by darquehex (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm very much enjoying Scarlet Spider (even though I read each issue hoping Ben Reilly will return in some form) and thought that 12.1 was the best issue yet. I'm not 100% sold on the art and I skipped the non-SS issues of Minimum Carnage.

This looks interesting in that I would like to see Kaine's take on "The Other." He's so level-headed that I do not think he'd be taken in by whatever faux-mystical foe shows up claiming to represent some grand spider-power-that-be.

Does anyone else know what's going on with Aracely? I feel as if it's been a while since that plot was developed.

#8 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@darquehex said:

Does anyone else know what's going on with Aracely? I feel as if it's been a while since that plot was developed.

Yeah something strange is going on there. She seems to be a telepath given what we've seen her do. Guess we'll have to wait and see what Yost comes up with.

#9 Posted by darquehex (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Guess we'll have to wait and see what Yost comes up with.

Certainly been worth the wait so far. I really enjoyed his work on "Earth's Mightiest Heroes." I do hope that Kaine gets more unique villains to go up against. The RoXXon arc was great, really showcased what Kaine would do in a given situation as opposed to how Peter might handle it.

#10 Posted by PunyParker (9402 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@PunyParker: Kaine was resurrected with the same abilities Spider-man had after "The Other" and by the same being when he died. Yost hinted that he was going to do this at the beginning of last year. This is the same thing that happened in "The Other: Evolve Or Die" :) Thats what i've heard anyhow.

Interesting...

#11 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like somebody died in issue #13

Anyway pretty excited about The Other stuff.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoooo interesting 

#13 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to read it

#14 Edited by segamarvel (586 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this thread is pretty old but I have something I need to get off my chest.

Why did Kaine wake up with the "Other" powers before he even embraced it in contrast to Peter whom didn't get them until afterwards?

#15 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

@segamarvel: I think it was to do with the Jackal. The Jackal gave Kaine some kind of serum to resurrect him as a more spider-like creature (soon becoming Tarantula). I'm guessing it was kind of an artificial enhancement that caused Kaine to develop "Other-like" attributes. Other than that i'm not sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.