Follow

Kaine

Character » Kaine appears in 430 issues.

Kaine was the first clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. He was suffering from clone degeneration and became an assassin and spent years tormenting his clone brother, Ben Reilly. He has since taken up the mantle his now dead brother as the new Scarlet Spider.

If one day Ben Reilly really returns, what should Kaine do?

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

If Ben wanted the mantle? If Ben were trying to hurt him? How should Kaine react (what would you like him to do)?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Deranged Midget

Considering Ben's nature, such an action would never come to pass. But going with the with the flow of the topic, Kaine reacted respectfully to his assumed beliefs that Ben returned when it was actually Kraven.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Considering Ben's nature, such an action would never come to pass. But going with the with the flow of the topic, Kaine reacted respectfully to his assumed beliefs that Ben returned when it was actually Kraven.

What he said.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

For Kaine to give back the mantle and for him wanting to start a fresh new chapter with his clone brother.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: You would really like that? Kaine giving the mantle? As much as I love Ben Reilly, Kaine is Scarlet Spider for me now.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben can be spider-man due to his moral compass being closer to Pete's

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

if Ben does eventually come back and Kaine is still operating as Scarlet Spider then I'd want 1 of 2 things to happen

with both of these I want Ben in the Iron Spider costume or a modified version of it

1. Kaine gives up the title and starts going by Tarantula

2. Kaine doesn't give up the title and Ben finds another name...I'd say Iron Spider but I don't really like that and I'm not creative enough to come up with anything else

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if Ben does eventually come back and Kaine is still operating as Scarlet Spider then I'd want 1 of 2 things to happen

with both of these I want Ben in the Iron Spider costume or a modified version of it

2. Kaine doesn't give up the title and Ben finds another name...I'd say Iron Spider but I don't really like that and I'm not creative enough to come up with anything else

I vote your idea(s). But isn't someone running around in the Iron Spider costume? Someone who hasn't been seen in what feels like years....forgot the name....Ted? Patrick?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself said:

I vote your idea(s). But isn't someone running around in the Iron Spider costume? Someone who hasn't been seen in what feels like years....forgot the name....Ted? Patrick?

I forget which one was the last one alive but it's one of the MVP clones.. Michael, Van, or Patrick....he hasn't been seen since the Initiative days...he should be in the new New Warriors book over Kaine since the last time we saw him he was actually involved with the New Warriors but I can't complain that we're seeing more Kaine after his title gets cancelled

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I don't really mind if he stops calling himself Scarlet Spider if Ben were to come back...but I don't want Kaine going back as a villain or anything silly (and lets not even speak of death)

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben should smack him so hard it wouldn't even be possible to make a new clone out of Kaine. I'm really confused that PP hasn't done anything against him when you think of all the stuff Kaine did under the clone saga.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@phaedrusgr: I wouldn't want that but I feel that's the reaction that Kaine would give if Ben came back. When Kraven was impersonating Ben Kaine was clearly confused on how to handle the situation so I would think he would hand it back to Ben. But after all Kaine has gone through I think he does deserve the mantle as much as Ben.

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: i prefer for kaine to call himself (although i remember kaine never did give himself a code name) a different name. i'd like to see him be called "scar spider" or "scarred spider." tarantula doesn't sound that cool to me.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: You think Kaine should kill Ben? Your creativity is impressive, man! :p

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: i prefer for kaine to call himself (although i remember kaine never did give himself a code name) a different name. i'd like to see him be called "scar spider" or "scarred spider." tarantula doesn't sound that cool to me.

lol neither of those sound cool at all to me....Tarantula fits him...he's bigger and darker than the other Spider-men....Tarantula is perfect for him

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I would prefer Ben not take the mantle and serve more as someone who's trying to make sure Kaine stays on the level. Sort of as a mentor figure. For Kaine's part he should try to reconnect with his brother.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It isn't going to happen. I just don't see it happening ever for far too long where it is a constant. However, I do have some thoughts.

I. Kaine technically never took on the mantle. The people called him Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider. He just went with it afterwards.

II. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to give up the name.

III. He can easily have a better name. I always view Scarlet Spider as Ben. I view Kaine Parker as Kaine or Scar Spider. He can go by Scar Spider, Tarantula, Crimson Spider, Black Tarantula, et cetera, or simply Kaine. I feel like he'd be fine with being called Kaine. I mean I haven't read New Warriors yet, so I don't know if I'm missing something. (+)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.