Does Kaine have a healing factor?

#1 Posted by ChaosMarvel (997 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only asking because i've seen the Scarlet Spider take a LOT of damage recently. Everything from gunshots to very bad burns but he's then fine a few panels later? I know Spider-man has a small healing factor but nothing that fast. Is it possible Kaine has a slight enhanced version of Pete's healing?

#2 Posted by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio

You read my mind lol. I was considering this exact idea earlier. Kaine does seem to take a hell of a lot of damage and then seem fine later. I mean Carnage impaled him and he didn't seem bothered a few panels later:

And we still don't know how his claws appear. Maybe he pulls a Wolverine? (eg: the stingers come out and heal over later?).

As this hasn't been addressed I don't know but Kaine having a healing factor is quite possible and would explain a few things.

#3 Posted by Aeroman (510 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to go with a yes on this one

#4 Posted by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure it's any more robust than Pete's. Parker can take a lotta damage and then we see him the next day wearing bandages and then the day after that he's fine.

#5 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Parker is known for taking ridiculous beatings too, I think the deal with Kaine is that he was constantly in excruciating pain from defects in the cloning process so he isn't that bothered by injury.

#6 Posted by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I'm not sure it's any more robust than Pete's. Parker can take a lotta damage and then we see him the next day wearing bandages and then the day after that he's fine.

Blunt trauma I agree but I haven't seen Pete take the kind of penetrative damage Kaine seems to be taking on almost a daily basis lol and his injuries seem to disappear in a matter of panels. Also as I just said we don't know how his stingers work. If they work like Wolverine's claws he may well have a small HF.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he may actually have a healing factor but who knows.

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: well when kaine was created he was how do i put this ''supierior'' to peter in tearms of powers so it safe to assume that he has a greater healing abilite than peter.

#9 Posted by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: Fair point

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.