Why dosen't the JSA get more respect?

#1 Posted by KINCART (220 posts) - - Show Bio

The Justice Society of America was the first superhero team in history with their first appearance in All Star Comics #3 in 1940 and they have lasted (on and off) till today? You would think that owning a team with that much history would be something to be proud of so why is it that the JSA and most of its members did not get a shot in the NEW 52? I know that DC is bringing back Earth 2 but i think it's kinda disrespectful to keep treating the JSA like the number two team when they were the first team because without them there would be no JLA (or JL now). I just think this team deserves more credit than what it gets from DC but maybe I'm wrong.

#2 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's confusing really, JLA were the Earth-1 team whole JSA were the Earth-2 Team, (Or maybe its the other way around but whatever)

And JLA are just more marketable, The JSA were made simply for the 40s and were replaced by the JLA during the Silver Age.

#3 Posted by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the most recent JSA series, it was pretty cool.

#4 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Jsa is my most favorite super team ever, and Golden age Flash is my most favorite superhero. I wish Geoff Johns didn't stop writing the series. It had some epic stuff!

#5 Posted by The Stegman (23785 posts) - - Show Bio

i still think the new 52 should have made the JSA the first superheroes, NOT Superman, and got rid of all this Earth 2 mess for good, Superman, Batman, Ww etc could have been the second wave of heroes since the JSA's retirement 

#6 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

I would've thought fans of the JSA would be happy that it's set in Earth-2. The writers will have more control over continuity consistency if there aren't all these other goings-on being written about at the same time.

#7 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

i still think the new 52 should have made the JSA the first superheroes, NOT Superman, and got rid of all this Earth 2 mess for good, Superman, Batman, Ww etc could have been the second wave of heroes since the JSA's retirement

I would've liked this a lot more. Taking them out of the current universe sucks.

#8 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

well, it is possible they can return, it is comic books after all, one universe bla bla bla, and they are back

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.