Justice Society to Return to Smallville

Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio

According to MTV, we could be seeing the return of the Justice Society to the CW’s Smallville during its recently announced resigning of a 10 season. Geoff Johns said himself that we will see those old timers hit the screen again, but not in the 10 season, we’ll be seeing the JSA at the end of the 9 season.

"[The JSA] do appear again at the end of season on 'Smallville.'" Johns also added "The hope is for every DC character to appear outside the comic books. Correctly."

The Absolute Justice episode of Smallville was a big hit this season, and hopefully, we’ll see Johns write some more episodes, which we hope includes this episode. Maybe this time we’ll see some new characters (hint hint give me Alan Scott and Jay Garrick!).  Most likely, we'll see the return on Jay Carter, Dr Fate, and StarGirl, and hopefully we'll see an addition to the cast with characters mentioned in the previous episode.

With the return of JSA happening so quickly, what characters do you guys hope to see?

Staff
#1 Posted by rightprice (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet.

#2 Edited by cold_fuzion (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scott. Then I can forgive them for season four. 

Power Girl and I forgive every episode with Lana in it.

#3 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Yaaay  (:
I hope Kara returns and joins the JS ^_^  - I feel they kind just, dismissed the character without any proper goodbye.

#4 Posted by mattydeNero (526 posts) - - Show Bio

It's going to be nuts! =D
#5 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

Jay and Bart should team-up in that episode, they probably won't be able to use Alan because of the Green Lantern movie

#6 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" Yaaay  (:
I hope Kara returns and joins the JS ^_^  - I feel they kind just, dismissed the character without any proper goodbye. "
Yeah Kara should definitely return 
#7 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Mr terrific or Dr mid-night in future episodes of Smallville. 
I would also love to see power girl, that would be amazing lol 

#8 Posted by ninjasquirrel01 (85 posts) - - Show Bio

It's weird how they just now decided to put almost every DCU character in Smallville when they've been completely against that kind of thing for like 8 or 9 years.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio
this is awesome news indeed...
#10 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Absolute Justice episode and all but the effects were off.... somehow!  
Check out my review!
#11 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire and Ice would be EPIC to see in this show too!

#12 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio

If Hawkman will be back I will watch it.

I hope Jay is on and Wild cat would be nice.

#13 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl, Alan Scott, and Dr. Midnight would be cool to see 

#14 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6203 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre and Sandman
#15 Edited by havco (87 posts) - - Show Bio

you know what i want......really know what i want          Ta da boom baby... am not just talking about a few members am talkin about whole damn team

#16 Posted by Bearded Justice (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Mid-Night, Power Girl, Wildcat, and basically everyone else.  You know what... just make a spin-off already!
#17 Posted by TazTheStampede (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman.  nuff said
#18 Posted by GothamBat (644 posts) - - Show Bio

would love to see Dr. Mid-Nite...course...i wasnt able to catch Absolute Justice when it was on. so, yeah...did Sandman really die?
#19 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Batman?

I wanna see Flash too.

#20 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildcat, Alan, and Jay would be awesome.
#21 Posted by hpwaz (206 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be stupid not to add more characters since the JSA said at the end of Absolute Justice that they were getting the original guys (and their kids) to join.
#22 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan and Jay , that's all I ask

#23 Posted by NightFang (10068 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet!

#24 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey I'm cool with Hawkman

#25 Posted by creole (229 posts) - - Show Bio

power girl & super girl
#26 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Just five him the damn tights

#27 Posted by mrduckluck (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@havco
said:
"you know what i want......really know what i want          Ta da boom baby... am not just talking about a few members am talkin about whole damn team "

holy crap where did you get that 
i want to see that too but clark with a cape
#28 Posted by Raia (59 posts) - - Show Bio
@NinjaSquirrel said:
"It's weird how they just now decided to put almost every DCU character in Smallville when they've been completely against that kind of thing for like 8 or 9 years. "

i agree. what's next, princess diana and her band of sisters. i think the season is good enough without cramming the whole dc universe in ONE season. the jsa is the quota leave them to make a second appearance  next season.
#29 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets get Wildcat & Hourman in there too.
#30 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

how about another jsa villain, like brainwave. i'd like to see the blue beetle, booster gold could come from the future like the legion did. mr. mxyzptlk, but done the way he should have been done, felix faust and the return of zatanna, and hopefully darkseid and his minions

#31 Posted by AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say Alan Scott, Wildcat, Cyclone (Red Tornado's granddaughter), for now.............

#32 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2245 posts) - - Show Bio

This time they should bring in Wildcat, Alan Scott, and the Flash, and maybe show the connection between the new Black Canary and the original Black Canary.

#33 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. A flying, red caped, blue-tights wearing Superman. He was a part of JSA after all. They would not do that since the producers seem to like Matrix more than the superhero that's supposed to be their protagonist. And WB would not allow it cause they say they have a Superman movie going on even though things are pretty much in hiatus. But it would still be nice having Superman on Smallville.

Other than that, I would like to see Corrigan.

#34 Posted by beatboks1 (7233 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Alan (I'd even be happy if Jade stepped in for him), Jay and Ted, plus you just have to have Mr Terrific.

As far as non JSA making an appearance how about Doom Patrol or Suicide Squad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.