Follow

Justice Society of America

Team » Justice Society of America appears in 1370 issues.

The Justice Society of America was the 1st super team in the DCU. Currently, they are a large group of crime-fighters that are protecting and rebuilding Monument Point following a catastrophic battle. The emphasis here is on training and preparing the next generation of heroes.

How to get into the JSA

Comicbookgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Comicbookgal

I want to get into the Justice Society of America but I have no clue where to start any tips, guys and gals?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kidchipotle

I'm assuming you're talking about the comics? lol

I wanted to get into the JSA books also so I read the entire Justice Society of America volume that was started post-infinite crisis. It's fifty-something issues and was an amazing read. There's also the JSA title which went from the late 90's to pre-IC, but I haven't read those yet.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bloggerboy

I think the best bet is to wait for James Robinson's Earth-2 with the JSA. That or if you don't mind going back in history try JSA: Justice Be Done. Another good place to start (and a personal favourite place) is Justice Society of America: The Next Age. This book leads into the excellent Thy Kingdom Come storyline which was just awesome!

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By jsphsmth

@Comicbookgal: I would agree about starting with Robinson's Earth-2 in May. I feel that the JSA always suffered when they were placed on the same Earth as the JLA. They were always considered as a second rate team. It should be much better now that they are on their own Earth again.

That said, if you still want to read the post-Crisis and pre-Flashpoint team, Geoff Johns' run was pretty good.

JSAVen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By JSAVen

maybe is too late, but her my 2 cents

first 2 Arcs, and 2 of the best JSA . if you like it, then welcome to this fantastic world.

skip the new EARTH 2. garbage

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.