gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

FOREVER EVIL is finally over. It had some fun and interesting moments. Now we get to see the repercussions and aftermath. A big one is Lex Luthor is now seen as a hero by the general public. We see on the cover that Lex and Captain Cold is part of the League. Surely this can't go well with the other members. That's part of the fun here, seeing how the heck this can all happen.

Before we get into that part, we do see the war might not be fully over. The Secret Society still exists. Sort of. It makes for a great scene.

The truth is, Lex is a great character. He can be a complex one as well. His motives and actions are never quite what you'd expect. This clearly adds a new dynamic to the team and book. Add to that, the mystery of the power ring from Earth 3, there's not going to be any time to relax after FOREVER EVIL.

The art here is top notch. I'm not usually a fan of more than one artist on one issue but when it's Ivan Reis and Doug Mahnke, who could complain about that?

The Bad

Lex as a hero and part of the Justice League is pretty far out. Regardless of how much positive press the League might need after this fiasco, allowing Lex into their ranks just seems a bit much. Yes, it's going to be interesting to see play out. But it feels like a matter of how long until he shows his true colors? And I don't want to make the comparison but it feels like when Norman Osborn was seen as a hero after SECRET INVASION.

Very minor concerns with the art. Captain Cold looked really young, younger than I remember noticing before. You could see a difference in the way Reis and Mahnke drew Lex's head.

The Verdict

It's a new dawn for the Justice League. The League managed to survive against the Crime Syndicate but at the price of Lex Luthor now seen as a hero. Lex on the League seems like a crazy idea but seeing how it works out will add some spice to the title. Who doesn't like seeing tension between team members? Now that FOREVER EVIL is over, we can get ready for what's next. By the look of things here, it's not going to be easy for the team.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

DOOM PATROL YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! Damn it Johns, stop teasing me. I miss the DP. The only member I noticed in the shadows was Negative Man. Now I have to wait all the way to August. Bullsh*t :(

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That last page doh...Johns is onto something,I'm sure he'll come up with something original and Great! The whole lasso of truth scene pretty much proved Lex bared his soul plus that was one of my favorite moments since the new 52 began :D

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@ultimatesmfan: I still don't trust him. Maybe his suit has some way to override the lasso? I dunno.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I can't help but feel DC is slowly trying to 'fix' The New 52 Universe? Certain Titles being cancelled, reintroduction of older ones with modern takes on them, maybe its me….

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Oh me neither(It is Lex Luthor), I was actually taken aback by that whole scene. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Damn waiting game!

@mrfuzzynutz: I'm getting that vibe as well. We can be hopeful!

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By johnny_blaze

@ultimatesmfan: The New 52 universe is not going anywhere. Just stop already. If you hate it then don't read it. It's that simple.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we knew from the get go osborn was still evil but with lex luthor we have no idea i mean they use the lasso of truth I wondering did lex truly change?

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@johnny_blaze: Oh God @mrfuzzynutz: said fix the new 52, not reboot it but more like steer it down a better path and i agreed with him. Don't jump to conclusions and tell off anybody.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By manwithoutshame

So far I like where things are going. JL has been picking up steam.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like I'm going to be jumping back on JL.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

A Decent issue

Spideyfan3160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spideyfan3160

Does the lasso work if it isn't touching his skin?

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Really liked the issue, I am really liking how Geoff Johns has been writing Lex Luthor lately

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@johnny_blaze: Robotman (quite possibly the Brain) and Element Woman were also there

Avatar image for batsymyplaything
    batsymyplaything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batsymyplaything

Oh wow. I can't wait to see Bruce's reaction to the revelation. I'm just wondering, but has Superman been that distrusting of Lex from the beginning, I mean even in pre-52 era? I thought Superman had some sense that Lex is a good person, even with his obsessive nature of dominance.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good read. I really like the character of Lex in this story

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow. I can't wait to see Bruce's reaction to the revelation. I'm just wondering, but has Superman been that distrusting of Lex from the beginning, I mean even in pre-52 era? I thought Superman had some sense that Lex is a good person, even with his obsessive nature of dominance.

You should read Superboy the boy of steel, also by Geoff Johns. You'll see why Superman doesn't trust him at all and even though there is literal proof of his apparent redemption here, he can't be trusted.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm Superman kinda seems like he's being a bit of a super dick to Lex, the guy saved the world! and Lasso proved that he's not out to get them... Really looking forward to the next issue.

Avatar image for johnnyconstantine
    JohnnyConstantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am totally down with seeing another side of Lex and Cold. I had been VERY cautious but seeing Lex actually feel something and worry for Bizarro made me think he could be a good, complex antihero. Plus I just love the hell out of anything Captain Cold is in. Coolest dude around.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KingAres109

Could anyone tell me if this a must get after reading Forever Evil 7???

Jyger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

@spideyfan3160: I believe the lasso worked on Green Lantern once just by virtue of his gloved hand being tangled up in the lasso by accident.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@kingares109: If you really liked Lex Luthor in Forever Evil and want to discover what happens to him afterwards then yes. However it doesnt follow up on the cliffhanger of Forever Evil if thats what youre asking.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@johnny_blaze: Wait, didn't they already get their asses kicked in one of forever evil tie ins? And if I remember correctly, they changed it to Negative Woman.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj: Damn...I was hoping they talk about what happen....Where everyone go...But I did like Lex..

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved this issue. Johns is finally doing something with the league and I'm excited to see how it is going forward with lex and whatever wrecked the crime syndicates world.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.