Unscripted Review: Justice League #47

Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio
Play
Please use a flash or html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

#1 Posted by CHERP0 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

This story arc is pretty lackluster.
#2 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

The only good part was that Doctor Fate was in this issue.

#3 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone know which Mister Miracle is in this story arc? Caught a glimpse of him in the video and I was wondering whether it was Shilo Norman or Scott Free 
#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147115 posts) - - Show Bio

It sounds good. I prefer reading team books, seeing all these characters together and how they interact. It seems more interesting to me.

#5 Posted by Baddamdog (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped buying JLA, it's supposed to be a team of A-Class heroes, I don't care about these characters, apart from Jade.

#6 Posted by sparty-dbq (835 posts) - - Show Bio

God, I miss Mark Bagley at Marvel.
#7 Posted by Sentinel of Magic (64 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X: It's Shilo
#8 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
@CHERP0 said:
" This story arc is pretty lackluster. "
i agree. Im really disappointed with how much the JLA sucks now a days
#9 Posted by Crymsun (123 posts) - - Show Bio

I've really been enjoying this story arc, and how the two teams work together.  I'm interested in how this will all work out with Jade and her family.  I like the fact that Robinson gives everyone a chance to shine, even Mr. America!  Bravo James!
#10 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sentinel of Magic said:

" @Bobby X: It's Shilo "

thanks
#11 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (573 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm loving the story so far and both teams working together once more. And I'm glad Shilo Norman a.k.a Mr. Miracle blends in. Good to see him in action again.

#12 Posted by wingster (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't been keeping up with JLA but that's a pretty lackluster roster...

#13 Posted by blackcanaryguy (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mbecks14 said: 
i agree. Im really disappointed with how much the JLA sucks now a days "
I just don't understand how DC editorial can screw up the JLA so badly for so long. It's beyond my comprehension. 

That said, if this arc is any good I might pick it up.
#14 Posted by RomaTotti10 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I find the storyline hard to follow and it would have been nice with a one page summery in the start so it wasn't necessary the go back and read old issues again. 

I thought this issue was one of the better and 4/5 is a pretty fair score.

#15 Posted by comicscott (20 posts) - - Show Bio

this arch is the best jla i think dc storytelling isn't good it sucks dick its aweome

#16 Posted by comix christian (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummm Alan Scott has not benn gone, he's been in the JSA books for like the last 10 years...wich takes place in current continuity so what was that talk of him being back?
#17 Posted by Koz (139 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Jade but there is just to much going on in the story and to many Characters!!
#18 Posted by TheRedFear (51 posts) - - Show Bio

The single, solitary, and sole purpose of this comment is entirely quest-related. Carry on :)
#19 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaaand ..... eerrr... yeah! Cute  ^_^

#20 Posted by pantslabyrinth (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to like this series, but every now and then I'd pick up an issue and be disappointed over and over.

#21 Edited by Jslab425 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately this books suffers from a lack of focus, plot, and reason for these heroes being in the same place.

And DC needs to remove the title tag "World's Greatest Super-Heroes" if they are going to continue with this roster...Congo Bill, Donna Troy, Jessie Quick??? Hell they don't even have hero code-names.

#22 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
@comix christian: I think Alan died in Justice Society of America #36
#23 Posted by greenenvy (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Enjoying it. Jade should get her own title after this instead being a member. 

#24 Edited by comix christian (85 posts) - - Show Bio
@JCJQLB:  I supose you're right, but that ended up being not much more then an alternate timeline, so i gues i just don't consider it somthing that actually happend. Besides didn't like half, or more, of the entire DC universe get killed off in that storyline..? but in the end it was all retconned so i guess it didn't really happen after all. 
#25 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

the justice league books are boring to me :/

#26 Posted by IronSpidy-Rooney (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see alan scott getting a role in brightest day 
He never really played a big part in the other Green Lantern epics (Yes I said epics)

#27 Posted by adribones (34 posts) - - Show Bio

uggs, i love the JLA but i hate Robinson's league of '3rd rate heroes'. so hard to read. so messy. so boring.
#28 Edited by Secret Identity (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Firstly I have to say these new "unscripted" reviews are such a huge improvement over the old ones and I thought this was a superb review. (Although I'm sure they must be scripted or at least rehearsed (am I wrong?)) 

And most importantly I totally agree with you Babs. Which is rare, considering we seem to read the same sorts of books. This issue was exactly as you said and I'd give it a solid 4 out of 5 as well. Really liking thins arc which I was looking forward to for a while. Great stuff and thanks for the bril review.     

As for the League itself? I really like it. Dick is a great batman in this series, Donna IS the same as WW with a different history and I really enjoy Congorilla and Starman. I used to love this series and then it all went horribly wrong when around the time Dr. Light came on the scene and was terrible right up until about 3 issues before this arc. The big problem with the team is, because there have been so many roster changes and this is such a new team(it's basically the first story arc with them) it's hard to tell who is on the team and who is just there lending a hand. The JLA is officially only Batman, Donna, Congorilla, Starman and Supergirl. Then you have the JSA and then you have a few other characters who may or may not be members.... Jade, Mr. Miracle, etc. 

Still, its a great story and the team has potential. Good review true to what is there.

#29 Posted by mrrpm01 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I have so far enjoyed it, I haven't dropped this title for years mainly because of nostalgia but that being said I am enjoying this arc and the last page had me doing the youtube groundhog stare at the last page lol. I just hope all this investment that DC has put into dead/aliveman pays off

#30 Posted by KNIGHT SAVIOR (824 posts) - - Show Bio

love the Justice League and loved all the storyline they're in
#31 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this comic, but I stopped getting it because of money, but will maybe hopefully get the trade or something.

#32 Edited by riotman (716 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was okay but couldve been better

#33 Posted by SimplySal (31 posts) - - Show Bio

go hal jordon!!

#34 Posted by NightFang (10198 posts) - - Show Bio
Good issue but I wan't to see Jade get hoe own series out of this.
#35 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio

Imma have to pick this up

#36 Posted by SmoothJammin (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think its boring, if anything its been more action packed now with all the metas 'gone wild cause of the starheart. Secret identity pointed out something important though, with this being a crossover it's easy to forget which of the members are core jla and that's maybe what throws people off when they read this. It's kind of been a rotating line up since its start but the foundation of the big 3 has always been present(Dick/Donna/Mon-el;Supergirl) 
 I almost forgot Hal Jordan and Green Arrow were on the initial roster but they're currently m.i.a. for their own reasons. Still we don't see enough of guardian and the atom but it makes sense not cramming everyone into the issue when theres already so much there. It's not half bad plus it sets up the  stage for the original leaguers to return in the coming months.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.