Follow

Justice League: War

Movie » Justice League: War released on February 04, 2014.

Justice League: War is based on the the initial run of Justice League in the New 52.

Justice League: War

• 110 results
    Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Ugh, that was rough. Not a fan of sacrificing the violence for the language, it was pretty uncalled for in most cases. I don't mind cursing, believe me but a lot of it seemed a bit too much.

Superman1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm a critic and just watched the mailed Blue ray copy and I've gotta say this is the best piece of Justice League animation since Justice League Doom! I was surprised at how well the script itself aligned almost exactly with the comics. I do have to say, that made it somewhat cheesy when it comes to one liners but other than that I believe the actors embodied the concept of how these New 52 heroes should be and that is: (relate-able) I have faith in Andrea Romano and her pick of actors/actresses and only believe that their acting will get much better. Also the animation could've been drawn with a little more detail but other than that this movie is well worth the wait! So hang in there guys, you're wait will soon be over and you'll be just as satisfied as I am with the New 52 DC Original Animated Movie: Justice League: WAR

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
    feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of the first animated DC movies to actually 'wow' me.

Flashpoint Paradox had its moments, as did TDKReturns, but this one was non-stop eye-popping visuals and action. Great to see these characters actually shine as action heroes for once.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of Shazam. Not because of him replacing aquaman, but because how he was introduced in the movie. He is just...."there"

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#105  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Aquaman didn't need to be replaced. The only thing Shazam did was power up the box at the end when Cyrborg needed a juice - which didn't even happen in the comic.

Aquaman would have been way better, especially after Batman and Superman are in Apokolips and there is a distinct lack of leadership (Hal simply fails at it and WW is still too young and charge happy) that Arthur would have flourished in perfectly.

Especially the the final battle took place on the coast...which was just stupid to keep that setting and kick out Aquaman. Like he really wouldn't be there? -.-

Anyway. Action was good, story was weak (the comic was too so yeah). Like Flashpoint a lot more.

Whatever. Hopefully Throne of Atlantis is worth it.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Especially the the final battle took place on the coast...which was just stupid to keep that setting and kick out Aquaman. Like he really wouldn't be there? -.-

This. I didn't even read the source material, but I didn't really care for Shazam in this movie. I would have liked to see Aquaman especially since they fought over a dang ocean.

And yeah, I liked Flashpoint more than this by milestones.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
    feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatt? I loved Shazam in this. He was hilarious. And I really dug the Cyborg/Shazam dynamic.

I guess they could have had Aquaman as well though for fans. I don't think it's really a matter of screen time considering he barely does anything in the story besides call the sharks and stab Darkseid's eye. Even if they just had that, I think people would have been happy.

Avatar image for eagle_vision11454
    Eagle_Vision11454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dr_harlequin: Umm i think it was two boom tubes suddenly appeared thanks to Cyborg and sucked desaad and Steppenwolf away at the critial moment while batman just watched them from behind a cave opening, :|

FireThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The changes in the movie didn't bother me but I hated superman. Superman was supposed to inspire hope to other leaguers not push them around and act like a jerk. And breaking desaad's neck. That was unnecessary and inappropriate for children. Flash was the best part of the movie. He put his own against darkseid and blinded him with a simple crowbar. I think flash managed to harm darkseid with the crowbar by stabbing it really fast. Possibly justice league war displayed the best use of flash's power maybe better than flashpoint paradox. Besides that, it was a good, action-packed movie.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#111  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt  Online

I enjoyed it for the most part

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I loved the film. Thought it was absolutely epic In parts. The visuals were amazing as well. I enjoyed all the voice acting. Hal's one liners and the back and forth between batman was pretty good as well. I enjoyed superman beating down the parademons as well with a truck no less. I think my only gripe was the last battle between superman and batman.

Spoilers ahead.

At the start of the film we have superman holding back and easily schooling both batman and the green lantern. After superman is captured he's basically put under mind control making him kill dessad. Yet not once was he able to lay a hand on batman. It was kinda silly. But that's about it. An epic movie all around.

Shika1Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What an awesome movie, had loads of fun watching it, only problem I had was to do with the story,

which ironically is heavily inspired from the books, so thats saying something,

Yes! Another good job and thumbs up to the DC-WB Animation team! Hope they dont drop the ball on us...

Avatar image for aquamanisthebest
    AquamanIsTheBest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Aquaman's absence was inexcusable. Let's be honest Throne of Atlantis was happening anyways. It would have happened if Arthur was here or not.

Shazam had his own movie. Aquaman needs the screen time MUCH more and his role here is HUGELY missed. Shazam was freaking useless for a good majority of the flick. Sure, his scenes with Cyborg were ok but they are all a shot to the heart.

Aquaman is getting his "own" movie(That he has to share with the League). Fantastic. But he is one of the best of the best and deserves to be in that spot with the founders! Not Shazam. It's an indignity that can't be seen here...where he belongs.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have to say I'm really disappointed about how all of the characters were portrayed, save for Batman, GL (and even him to an extent), Flash, and Cyborg. Wonder Woman and Superman were the worst.

jimmy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am little confused. Billy is transformed to Captain Marvel, and vice versa, by saying SHAZAM. How come Captain didn't transform back to Billy when he introduced himself to the group?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@firethunder said:

And breaking desaad's neck. That was unnecessary and inappropriate for children.

Children shouldn't watch this movie anyway. Someone called Wonder Woman a whore and Green Lantern called Bats a douche-bag. This movie was not for children, and the PG-13 rating showed that.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many people complained about this movie, but I like it. Damn, but it attracts my love of battles and violence and explosions.

mistrx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is the infamous Batman/Green Lantern scene the moment where Batman manages to slip off GL's ring?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.