DC Comics Announces BATMAN BEYOND UNLIMITED

• 67 results
Posted by G-Man (32599 posts) - - Show Bio

For those that have been missing Terry McGinnis and the world of Batman Beyond, you only need to wait a little longer. DC has announced BATMAN BEYOND UNLIMITED beginning in February 2012.

BATMAN BEYOND UNLIMITED #1

BATMAN BEYOND UNLIMITED will be a monthly printed comic collecting chapters from various digital-first series. Coming out weekly, JUSTICE LEAGUE BEYOND and BATMAN BEYOND will be released as individual chapters prior to and in conjunction with the collected 48-page monthly BATMAN BEYOND UNLIMITED comic book.

JUSTICE LEAGUE BEYOND is the secret project Dustin Nguyen has teased and he will be working with Derek Fridolfs. BATMAN BEYOND will feature the creative team of Adam Beechen and Norm Breyfogle. This will be the first time DC Entertainment is launching an ongoing series digitally before the monthly printed release.

Are you ready for some BEYOND action next February?

Staff
#1 Edited by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

Yess! This is GREAT news! going to ask my comic book store to pull it soon!

#2 Posted by guyver 0 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Great news! Was disappointed that Batman Beyond disappeared in the new 52 reshuffle but this double feature sounds fantastic!

#3 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll check it out looks promising

#4 Posted by NightFang (9985 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover looks great.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12700 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy F**K!!!

I'm excited, thats some nice artwork

Also, Its nice to see Micron in there, I felt like he was just in "The Call" episode so there was a black guy, I hope they develop him

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92685 posts) - - Show Bio

I really need to start trimming my pull list in order to make room for new stuff.

#7 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great, Batman Beyond is refreshing from DC's normal stuff.

So if are Justice League Beyond and Batman Beyond only availible for digital download and then Batman Beyond Unlimited is printed or are all printed? Something tells me BB Unlimited will be expensive.

#8 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

so, wait, there will be digital comics every week and then those will be collected in the Batman Beyond unlimited, or how will this work? I'm not understanding this...

#9 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@pspin:

48 pages for $3.99

#10 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Norm Breyfogle!!!

Loved his Batman work in the 90s. Cannot wait to see him working for DC again.

#11 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11376 posts) - - Show Bio

So whose GL ring is that? I can't imagine all four GL's retiring and only ONE human GL getting a ring. I know thats far to technical but i like asking these kinds of questions hahaha

But really, I absolutely HATE superman beyond. I think the character is utter bullshit and needs to be changed immediately.

#12 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth: thanks

#13 Posted by frozenedge (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I missed the Batman Beyond world. Can't wait to see more of Terry and the rest of the future league in action

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33069 posts) - - Show Bio

Hells yea boi

#15 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: It will be a print collection of weekly, digital first releases.

#16 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the use of the older, weaker Superman in Superman Beyond a few months ago. Similar to the weaker, younger Superman Morrison is now writing in Action.

Cannot wait to see more of this Beyond version of Justice League also.

#17 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9004 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

The cover looks great.

#18 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god. Going into the thread I thought this was gonna be a cartoon. Now I'm depressed :(

#19 Posted by AwesomeAquaman (153 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping for a new cartoon show! I always felt the Justice League in the future were so underused in the cartoon!

#20 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

Norm Breyfogle!!!

Loved his Batman work in the 90s. Cannot wait to see him working for DC again.

Yes! He and Aparo's work got me into comics!

#21 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm most excited about the inclusion of Superman in this. I loved the Superman Beyond one shot from earlier this sumer.

#22 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wattup: Loved Aparo! Nice to see I'm not the only person here old enough to remember his work.

Definite similarities in Aparo's and Breyfogle's two styles.

#23 Posted by Neverpraying (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool art, and I'm sure some people will really like this.

But this is not for me sadly. I hate FUTURE stuff in comics, and Terry, he's my least favorite of all the Bat family

#24 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY! Excited!

#25 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.........very awesome

#26 Posted by VSG413 (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@guyver 0: Batman Beyond didn't necessarily disapeare from the new 52. The black great dane in Batman & Robin #2 is more than likely a foreshadow to Batman Beyond in the new 52.

#27 Posted by NathanCableSummers (5 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! Terry McGinnis, is my favorite character from the bat family, i think he's criminally underrated/underused. Cant wait.

#28 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

BEYOND pumped!

get it?

#29 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! Awesome art and excellent that the Beyond concept is still being followed through!

#30 Posted by GryphonMane (5 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY! I am excited by DC now a days!

#32 Posted by CitizenJP (596 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG YES! A friend and I were talking about how awesome Batman Beyond was last week! Lol this is great news!

#33 Edited by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a bit apprehensive. Hush Beyond started out kind of schway but ended up being schwarbage. Also, they gave Terry's mother black hair and made her Asian for no reason. The fact that Terry's mother had red hair and his father had reddish-brown hair while Terry and his brother both had black hair was supposed to be a clue that they might not have been his real parents.

#34 Posted by War Killer (20138 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet said:

so, wait, there will be digital comics every week and then those will be collected in the Batman Beyond unlimited, or how will this work? I'm not understanding this...

Same...

Like, are Justice League Beyond and Batman Beyond going to come out separately as digital comics first and then are both going to be collected in an actual comic book? And if so, and both series are going to come out digitally weekly, does that mean we'll get the comic bi-weekly as well? O_o Seems very confusing...

Not to mention that I would rather have two separate comics, one just focusing on Terry in Batman Beyond and a series focusing on the Justice League along with the other remaining heroes in JL Beyond, having them both in one book seems a bit confusing not mentioning it feels like DC isn't confident that either series would sell well on it's own so they force us to buy both no matter what...

Also, I love Batman Beyond and loved the cartoon...but I was hoping that DC would take the advantage of the New 52 and use this as a great bridge to connect Batman Beyond to the mainstream Batman comics timeline. But sadly it seems it's going to stay in it's own universe which in my opinion is a pity... =/
#35 Posted by RudeandNotGinger (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really excited about this, I love everything that comes out of the Timmverse, and I really liked Batman beyond and how it was tied up in JLU. I don't know how I'm gonna read it exactly but I will.

#36 Posted by webling (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me see if I have this down. Half Batman Beyond, half Justice League Beyond. I don't need to buy separate issues, because they're collected into the Unlimited series. Okay, sounds like a good deal and I like it more than having a "Beyond" imprint. Bring on February!

#37 Posted by drumguyrob (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you DC!!!

#38 Posted by Dakotax6 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

So... Batman Beyond and Justice League Beyond are going to be collected into one comic book? Rather than giving each their own comic book? Eh, I'd much rather buy Batman Beyond separate from Justice League Beyond. Nonetheless, this does look pretty interesting.

#39 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmmmmmm, delicious nostalgia, combined with my love of Elseworlds. I now have 2 books to start reading regularly as opposed to waiting for TPBs

#40 Posted by Final Draft85 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

I so can't wait for this. I love everything about Batman Beyond & Adam Beechen is one of my fave writers, so I look forward to seeing the continued adventures of Terry & Bruce. Also Dustin Nguyen art is just truly stellar & I love how he draws the Batman characters... wish Batman: Street of Gotham wasn't cancelled.

#41 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

SWEET CHRISTMAS! I am happy. Cyberpunk superheroes for the win! Now Marvel just needs to bring back Spidey 2099 (but do it right this time! Miguel should NOT just be a younger Parker in the future!)

#42 Posted by Lameo (4 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited

#43 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll only be satisfied when they announce batman beyond unlimited super special awesome X-treme alpha the collector's addition.

#44 Posted by monitor_earthprime (82 posts) - - Show Bio

I am very happy to see this coming back. Maby know we will be able to more JL character in the future (Wonder Woman, Flash, etc). I would like to see more on the new Catwoman.

#45 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Another DC title I won't be getting. Sigh. 

#46 Posted by laabitres (378 posts) - - Show Bio

nice but i still dont get why is there like 7 heroes what happened to all the other oness O.o

#47 Posted by War Killer (20138 posts) - - Show Bio
@laabitres said:

nice but i still dont get why is there like 7 heroes what happened to all the other oness O.o

Hopefully they'll pop up in the Justice League story. :)
#48 Posted by JimmyOlsen1 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

That's AWESOME! I really like Terry and was a little bit disappointed because he wasnt a part of the new 52! Now I'm happy!

#49 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

FML I guess i have to stop reading BB since they are charging 3.99 and that it out of my range for an ongoing

I'd rather them just sell them separately because I could care less about the justice league

#50 Edited by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

Barda <3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.