'Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox' Trailer

• 130 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36108 posts) - - Show Bio

DC has a bit of a rocky history when it comes to their live action films (here's hoping Man of Steel changes that), but they absolutely have a thoroughly impressive track record when it comes to their animated films. The features tend to revolve around Batman or Superman, but now Flash is getting his moment in the spotlight. Based on Geoff Johns' big event, Flash creates a disastrous future as he uses time travel to fix his past. Feast your eyes on the first trailer below.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox is scheduled to come out July 30. What do you think of the trailer, Viners? Also, don't forget to refresh your memory on the story arc by reading our Flashpoint page!

Staff
#1 Posted by w0nd (2698 posts) - - Show Bio

YYaaaayyy i was waiting so long

#2 Posted by inferiorego (21094 posts) - - Show Bio

this looks epic

Staff
#3 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

why does every other hero besides batman get the crappy anime movie treatment?? it is not fair.

#4 Posted by Willza92 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't flashpoint the excuse to reset to everything to new 52? I wonder if we might get some new 52 animated features after this :3

#5 Edited by flameboy298 (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

why does every other hero besides batman get the crappy anime movie treatment?? it is not fair.

The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and Part 2 Best animation i've seen

#6 Posted by Lieutenant_Awkward (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait!

#7 Edited by noj (1060 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: Funny you say that. Actually Batman has been the ONLY hero to recieve the "anime treatment" His first DC Animated movie Batman Gotham Knights was ACTUAL anime. This is just animation that seems slightly inspired by anime but it certainly isnt really anime.

#8 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally a movie about Flash!!! The trailer was awesome and the animation looks cool!!

#9 Posted by zombietag (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

want

#10 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj: it is close enough. and about that movie i mustve blocked it out because of how bad it was.

#11 Edited by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

Just like with Under the red hood, they took inspiration of a mediocre comic, and made a good movie out of it.

#12 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3608 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool!

#13 Posted by GothamRed (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause batman got the crappiest anime treatment, the jumbled mess that was gotham knight.

#14 Edited by bladewolf (600 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks frickin' sweet! Definitely picking this up.

#15 Posted by GothamRed (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, there's still a part of me that wishes they did flashpoint later. I mean it only happened 2 years ago and it feels even more recent than that. I just feel that there's other DC events I'd like to see adapted before they did this one. Like I wish they'd go back and do the Judas Contract movie they cancelled.

#16 Posted by MrMazz (1108 posts) - - Show Bio

Man this art style looks really good actually. I can dig it.

#17 Posted by Black_Claw (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait

#18 Posted by Mezmero (895 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited to see this. Some of the Flashpoint comics and tie-ins felt convoluted so I'm definitely down to see an abridged version of those events set in the DCAU. I'm sure the purists will find some reason to hate on it but I've learned over the years that DC animated stuff is almost always good to great. That Reverse Flash looks kind of beefy.

#19 Edited by Sidious (59 posts) - - Show Bio

At least it's not NU52.

#20 Posted by jwalser3 (4793 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks amazing!

#21 Posted by csantilli27 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a cool trailer. Looks like Reverse Flash has been hitting the gym.

#22 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@willza92 said:

Wasn't flashpoint the excuse to reset to everything to new 52? I wonder if we might get some new 52 animated features after this :3

I think that's the plan. The New 52 has had some pretty good arcs that can easily be made into an animated series. I personally would like to see Death of the Family, Throne of Atlantis, or Traps and Trapezes (I know this one is a long shot, but my Nightwing fanboyism couldn't help it) made into an animated movie.

#23 Edited by Captain13 (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good. My only complaint is that Flash doesn't look fast AT ALL--even when in costume. Anyways, the only DCUOM I buy are the Justice League ones, and I'm going to get this one too.

#24 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

That was...underwhelming. It does make me really really need a Flash animated series though.

#25 Edited by Captain13 (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer said:

Uhhh....

Wonder Woman and Green Lantern did not look anime...

But yes, this does.

#26 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7481 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY!

#27 Edited by Captain13 (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@mbecks14 said:

That was...underwhelming. It does make me really really need a Flash animated series though.

The Flash and Substance episode of Justice League was just that, but I'm not sure how many interesting fights Flash could get into before it gets boring...

#28 Posted by Captain13 (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Captain Atom in this? And Flash talking to Iris about WW3? They are changing up a lot about this...

#29 Posted by ThatOneKidWhoLikesComics (58 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a great movie - I'm glad I read the comic first. I wish the animation was better, Wonder Woman looks cross-eyed. It's about time they made this movie. I'm glad Flash gets his own movie. With the Reverse-Flash in the same flick!

#30 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4689 posts) - - Show Bio

Just like with Under the red hood, they took inspiration of a mediocre comic, and made a good movie out of it.

Exactly what's mediocre about the series? and what makes the movie that you haven't seen yet so good?

#31 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19469 posts) - - Show Bio

@willza92 said:

I think that's the plan. The New 52 has had some pretty good arcs that can easily be made into an animated series. I personally would like to see Death of the Family, Throne of Atlantis, or Traps and Trapezes (I know this one is a long shot, but my Nightwing fanboyism couldn't help it) made into an animated movie.

this is a long shot, but if they made nightwing 1-7 a movie, then also had a night of owls short. that would be awesome. H'el on Earth would actually be kinda cool if they changed some stuff. Also a Teen Titans origin movie with Tim Drake, Wonder Girl, Superboy, Static, and Blue Beetle. Superman and the Men of Steel would be cool as well. the 2 best idea:

Earth 2 origin, Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Hawkgirl, Al Pratt, Wesley Dodds.

#32 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe:

Well, if not mediocre, then...let me see...frustrating, perhaps? Cool stuff in it, but over all, not fantastic, and the ending led to a a creation of an unnecessary universe.

I dunno. Maybe it will be just okay. It would still mean that it`s pretty good.

#33 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8838 posts) - - Show Bio

I am actually pretty excited for this animated movie

#34 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (5741 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#35 Edited by The Stegman (22705 posts) - - Show Bio

"You'd be amazed, the monsters this world can create"

Speaks truth on so many levels, even in the real world.

#36 Edited by jnw93 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait!

I Loved that Superman film with Manchester Black

and im not a big Superman fan

#37 Posted by kid Apollo (705 posts) - - Show Bio

im deff down for some Flash based movies!

one day i hope to be that crazy guy on the street holding a sign that says 'the END is NIGH'!

#38 Posted by AWeekInGeekdom (225 posts) - - Show Bio

The animation is a bit wonky but it works perfectly for the story, I'm not sure why Atom and Iris are there but I'm sure it'll make sense "movie-wise". I hope at the end we get to see Pandora or the New 52 Justice League. >.>b

#39 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4689 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe:

Well, if not mediocre, then...let me see...frustrating, perhaps? Cool stuff in it, but over all, not fantastic, and the ending led to a a creation of an unnecessary universe.

I dunno. Maybe it will be just okay. It would still mean that it`s pretty good.

Ah, okay.

#40 Edited by ThatOneKidWhoLikesComics (58 posts) - - Show Bio

With Flashpoint being the ending of New Earth and the creation of the Prime Earth, it makes me wonder if the DC animated movies to come will be about the New 52. I think it's too early for New 52 movies anyway, but it just makes me wonder.

#41 Edited by Barkley (270 posts) - - Show Bio

WE NEED A LIVE ACTION FLASH MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope I see Deathstrokes paradox in there!

#43 Posted by Captain13 (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver said:

@willza92 said:

this is a long shot, but if they made nightwing 1-7 a movie, then also had a night of owls short. that would be awesome. H'el on Earth would actually be kinda cool if they changed some stuff. Also a Teen Titans origin movie with Tim Drake, Wonder Girl, Superboy, Static, and Blue Beetle. Superman and the Men of Steel would be cool as well. the 2 best idea:

The bold part reminds me of Justice League...

Superboy=Superman

Robin=Batman

Wonder Girl=Wonder Woman

Static=Flash

Blue Beetle=Green Lantern

I would love to see a Teen Titans Origin with that roster lol

#44 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13 said:

@mbecks14 said:

The Flash and Substance episode of Justice League was just that, but I'm not sure how many interesting fights Flash could get into before it gets boring...

You could say that about any character. A Flash cartoon is desperately needed.

#45 Posted by Lurkero (172 posts) - - Show Bio

As someone that does not read comic books because of how convoluted and tied together with other comic series they can be, I was hoping that DC would do a feature movie summarizing the creation of the new universe. I hope following this movie DC does an origin movie for the new Justice League (because I don't think I want a live-action version).

#46 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19469 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@dark_guyver said:

@willza92 said:

The bold part reminds me of Justice League...

Superboy=Superman

Robin=Batman

Wonder Girl=Wonder Woman

Static=Flash

Blue Beetle=Green Lantern

I would love to see a Teen Titans Origin with that roster lol

sweet i didnt even think of it like that, i didnt put in aqualad though. i honestly didnt think he was that cool in young justice.

#47 Posted by sinestro_GL (3030 posts) - - Show Bio

How are they going to fir Flashpoint into one movie?

#48 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: lol how fast do he needs to be? Any faster we may no longer see him.

#49 Edited by Herx (373 posts) - - Show Bio

so now we just have to wait for an aquaman, martian manhunter / cyborg movie and then all the members of the league get a film. yay!

#50 Posted by Captain13 (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson: I just means that he looks like he is moving normal speed. I never felt that way watching JLU

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.