Follow

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

Movie » Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox released on July 30, 2013.

A 2013 DC Universe Animated Original Movie, based on the 2011 Flashpoint comic book written by Geoff Johns.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

• 103 results
    Avatar image for sleepbutnodream15
    Sleepbutnodream15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yep, great review, that's pretty much how I felt about the movie. It's pretty violent and depressing but not bad at all, I really liked it, but that one scene at the end definitely should've been there.

Don't know why anyone would have a problem with Superman killing though, he didn't do it on purpose here whereas he did kill on purpose in the original. Plus, it's not like he was raised by the Kents.

Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

To be honest, and don't get me wrong i would still give a good 4/5, but it just seemed more gory and gruesome towards the end.

SPOILER: in the book wonderwoman was shocked to find out shazam was kids, in this she has no problem gutting billy. That small change just seemed to big for me.

Other than that great movie.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By johnny_blaze

The Flash finally gets a shot at the spotlight? Meh not really. Batman & Justice League is all that DC knows, remember that.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By JamDamage

@outlawrenegade:

how do we know it's Shazam and not Aquaman. I didn't see voice actor for either of them, but when did this get out?

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was not a fan of the comic story. when I found out they did this, I was pissed because they did it, but man am I happy they did. I thought this film was great. Not what expected. The changes were good, but since I didn't like the comic, I can see why I didn't care about the changes. Still. Lots of action. Lots of cool cameos. Happy that a lot of voices returned for this is as well, and now I want another Flash movie. I hope this sells a ton so they do make another Flash story. They really showed what a bad ass he is. They showed why Aquaman and Wonder Woman are bad asses too. Just a good film. More rated R then rated PG-13 too. All they needed was titty shot from Wonder Woman and we're there. the lengeth was perfect too. I thought it was 2 hours. When they make these hour and half films it sure does it more justice.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

DC Animated movies>>>>

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wattup said:

Barry Allen still sucks.

No he doesn't.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its a must buy

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Decent movie, but art was terrible. Aquaman was just... blah. I was really hoping for a full on New 52 throw in at the end. Still, the movie was pretty good. Loved Thomas. I also loved the amount of bloodshed. Aquaman could have used more exposure in battle, but I think it got the message through that he's not to be messed with. The Atlantean army was just pathetic.

The one thing I really didn't like was the obvious back and forth, equal punch and hit with the Amazonians and Atlanteans. I get they want the two sides to seem equal, but Atlanteans should be doing a lot more damage and they could've used more heavy weaponry. The storyline was very predictable and obvious, but still handled well enough.

KryptonSabbath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are the bonus features?

Jason_X22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Jason_X22

We need a Blur studios DC animated film!

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I absolutely adored this film! Even though I watched it a few days ago, I showed my friends it today (what can I say? Its my favourite animated movie). :) I highly recommend it. To the people who were against the high level of violence- it's a war between two sovereign nations run by War-Mongering Metahumans- What did you expect?

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Artoreus

I loved this movie, so dark, WW was such a good villain.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@oscars94 said:

I absolutely adored this film! Even though I watched it a few days ago, I showed my friends it today (what can I say? Its my favourite animated movie). :) I highly recommend it. To the people who were against the high level of violence- it's a war between two sovereign nations run by War-Mongering Metahumans- What did you expect?

Agreed! This is my favorite animated movie too, but what else can you expect from a Flash fan?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jldoom: I know! I loved Wally in the Justice League series too! Now that I've seen this, I know the Flash character can carry a solo movie.

bigboi100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

After an overwhemingly positive response to the premiere screening of Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, Warner Bros went on to announce the 2014 lineup of animated films. The first being Justice League: War based off of Geoff Johns' New 52 Justice League comic. The second and third films are called Batman: Assault On Arkham and Son Of Batman. We don't yet know (for sure) what these films are based on, so we're hoping for clarification from the panel soon. According to users at Toonzone forums, Assault On Arkham is based within Rocksteady's video game franchise, while Son Of Batman is based upon Grant Morrison's famous introductory story for Damian Wayne.

How do you feel about more Batman films? Do you think it's great that they are exploring the character's rich history or would you rather they focus on other Justice Leaguers?

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

This movie was absolutely amazing and I've already watched it two days in a row, not something I do often! Don't know why people are bitching about the art. I thought it was just fine. And I am really affected by art styles. Also, the violence was fun, emotional, and glorious! In a regular DC movie it would seem too much but for a world like Flashpoint it is a delight to see something like this where we won't often see it. Flashpoint lived up to its name and now brings us into The New 52 of movies. N52 Justice League - possibly including Trinity War in the future. Hopefully Scott Snyder Batman and maybe even finally getting into GJ Green Lantern.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it. Very in depth and driven characters and I loved the Kaldur appearance.

I did not read flashpoint so I dont have anything to compare it too but I thought it was a good story. Some things got to the point pretty quickly but I was just happy Flash got his own movie in a sense.

I believe this to be the best JL animated movie yet.

I hope they do something like this but with Aquaman and the Throne of Atlantis. In the mean time I will be looking forward to JL: War

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#71  Edited By jumpstart55

Just saw it, awesome film.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, great review, that's pretty much how I felt about the movie. It's pretty violent and depressing but not bad at all, I really liked it, but that one scene at the end definitely should've been there.

Don't know why anyone would have a problem with Superman killing though, he didn't do it on purpose here whereas he did kill on purpose in the original. Plus, it's not like he was raised by the Kents.

who would be bothered by that...he did the same thing in the comics. and why wouldnt he have a problem with it, no one ever taught him not to...he was raised under ground in a military bunker lol

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

EXCELENT MOVIE !!!! One of the best from DC and the best of JL movies

Avatar image for thatonekidwholikescomics
    ThatOneKidWhoLikesComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trevel8182 said:

This is probable my favorite under Red Hood this was exceptional my only real complaint was the really really bad cgi.

No Caption Provided

Man after watching this and re-reading Knight of Vengeance id much prefer A Thomas Wayne Batman mini then a Damian mini series.

I agree, the CGI was indeed bad for the film. But I loved how the character designs in the movie were similar to Young Justice. Characters like Garth, Tula and Kaldur. Oceanmaster too.

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dat Batman scene. Where is it?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Just saw it, It was BADASS!!! 9/10. it's def not for kids I telly you! This might be DC's most violent and mature animated project.

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grubich said:

To be honest, and don't get me wrong i would still give a good 4/5, but it just seemed more gory and gruesome towards the end.

SPOILER: in the book wonderwoman was shocked to find out shazam was kids, in this she has no problem gutting billy. That small change just seemed to big for me.

Other than that great movie.

If that's true then it seems appropriate. I read most of Flashppoint and she came across as a victim to what was orchestrated behind her and Aquaman's backs by those that started the war between the civilizations. She was tricked and played the leader without questioning anything (Her mother's death should not have been so cut and dry to her.) while Aquaman was portrayed as being ruthless from that point on.

This makes them even in becoming unreasonably evil. lol

Casval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lack of depth (at least they could have focused more on Flash) and really weird drawings, but the last appearance of Kaldur'ahm was a nice touch.

It was nice but I prefered Justice League Doom. Oh and and bring back Josh Keaton as Hal Jordan, he is way better than Fillion (who I like but he sounds too old for the job).

clumsyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only problem that i had was that the style was too anime for my taste.

Skulexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was a great movie. Great action. The art style was okay. I don't have anything against it, though I'm not a big fan of it. Oh, and is it just me, or did Bruce's face remind you all of this too?

No Caption Provided

Jacobin_Wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bulky upper bodies and immensely lean and rigid torsos made me think they were all on steroids.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By cfrehse

i think this was the best dc animated film out of all of them barely over the red hood and wonderwoman. They really made every character bad ass and the fights were awesome.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just saw it. Some stiff voice-acting and terrible character models aside....this was a pretty entertaining film. The violence might seem a little gratuitous, but given the 'darker timeline' setting, I found it apt. I think its changes are more surprising for someone who hasn't read the original comic, so all the new shifts in the Flashpoint timeline left huge smiles on my face. It had a tight plot, solid characters, and some really great action scenes. It's not quite perfect, but I haven't enjoyed a DCUAOM movie this much since Superman/Batman Apocalypse.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i wish the creators had more time to show the movie... maybe make it a 2 part thing. This felt crumbled up a bit.
    but it was super cooooool!

But the new52 costume version is a complete no.... Just no.

clumsyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By clumsyninja

I watched the movie after I heard the podcast, i thought the movie look a little bit too anime for my taste. I like the fact that they stick to the comic book but the V.O. were terrible.

Also, telling everyone too watch this movie "legally" is not your place. Sure, you should watch it but doesn't mean everyone has the cash to do it. How many people you think they watch this movie "legaly" during college.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#86  Edited By Mbecks14

I liked it a lot more than I expected to! I'm glad I was able to get past the godawful character designs to get into the story, but it was a challenge.

caladbolglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

Excellent. Just finished watching it and I enjoyed a great deal (and I'm not a DC fan). Thought that the action was intense and excellent, definitely some of the best I've seen in an animated movie. The amount of violence was rather shocking, and I'm not a prude at all, just wasn't expecting it. It really set the mood though. Not appropriate for kids but it worked plenty fine for me. I thought that the animation was a little awkward at times, especially when it came to some of the faces. Other than that, excellent.

caladbolglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#88  Edited By caladbolglight

Footnote: I thought that they crossed the line when they killed Billy Batson. I didn't think that that needed to be shown.

Xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great review. This was a fantastic movie. DC never disappoints. I'm really glad that they got Studio 4c to do the animation as they are one of the best. They also did a great job with the character designs.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Footnote: I thought that they crossed the line when they killed Billy Batson. I didn't think that that needed to be shown.

Yeah, agreed. I thought just an off-screen cutting noise would've been fine, it was a bit much.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought it was decent 3 out of five. the action was cool and aquaman was a beast in the film when it came to fighting wonderwoman. the film could have focus more on the relationship between the flash & zoom.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: I thought they did do the offscreen cut noise... didn`t they?

RedHurricane24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

3/5 from me. It had good moments, but the violent parts tried too hard in the movie. The fight between Flash and Reverse Flash was hugely anti-climatic, lacking the exposition the comic had in the fight. The final minute was largely unnecessary.

Grifter was a badass in the movie, I'll admit.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

@veshark: I thought they did do the offscreen cut noise... didn`t they?

They did, but then the next scene showed the dead kid fall down onto the ground with dead eyes, which I thought was a bit much.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

This movie is really really good. For once a DC animated feature manages to get an emotional base under it before just frame for frame adapting (which isn't really what an adaption is) of the story. That ending though left me less than satisfied, which is a bummer because this film is an excellent example of what is possible when Warner Bro. Aniamtion has the DC license.

you can read my user review here

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Another great film to add to DC's long line of animated films. I don't know that this one is my favorite but its definitely very good. I think we could use more movies that are from different perspectives other than the the Big 3. (This movie does have a lot of "Batman"...but its a fresher perspective)

Loved Aquaman and the Atlantean army in this movie. Was kind of lame how he got ambushed and ganged up on though lol. His fight was Wonder Women was pretty awesome prior.

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was finally able to rent this movie on PSN and I have to say it underwhelmed me a bit. I was waiting for Superman to get in an epic brawl at the end with Aquaman and Wonder Woman (One of the best parts.) to find he does two moves on Aquaman and that was it. They could have finally showing him unleashing his abilities unrestricted like in the comic arc and go after both at the same time.

Also the fact that Wonder Woman came out of the fight pretty much unscathed was imo very unfair as the point of the movie was that they both were the villains as well as in the last moments before the blast trying to make you feel some pity for her.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This has become one of my all time favorite DC animated features. I'm not a huge fan of the anime-ifying of the DCAU art but ultimately the action more than made up for it. I was never in love with the Flashpoint event in the comics and I think they did an excellent job abridging and streamlining the overall plot. It felt like they gave some much needed attention to the Flash as a main character. My hope going forward is that they captilize on the continuity reset for the overall DCAU which they seem to have done with the ending. Looking forward to that next Justice League animated production. And a live action JL movie can go sit on it for all I care.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@jamdamage: @drewyetti: I thought the chatacter designs were badass! The way there eyes were drawn was psycho and their bodies are the ideal in beauty. I hate cyborg but this is the first time I liked the way he looks. And the clothing for aquaman really stood out as a top design.

Jo e damage, you h it all the right notes. Aquaman and Wonderwoman came off totally indestructavle badasses. I was hooked at the very begining when wondy used colds ice gun to freeze the bomb then throw it into space. And yeah a tity shot from wondy would have been nice. She and the others were drawn so damb well, how could any body not fall inlove with them...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.