amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge's Justice League of America/The 99 #1 - The City of Tomorrow review

Some First Issue

1. We do not have a cast of characters about who THE 99 are. No origins, no explanations. (But something tells me that like all the MILESTONE characters, there will be a trade paperback to explain the early exploits of THE 99 before meeting the Justice League)
2. The roster of the JLA: Old team. Does this happen before/after the events of BLACKEST NIGHT or BRIGHTEST DAY? (Bruce Wayne seems to be in here, but no new costume before his new series BATMAN, INC.)
3. The cover fooled me (the shadow the creature = STARRO. I thought he would be in the first issue).

(I hope their is a Islamic comic book reader/user here on COMIC VINE who knows who the 99 are because we Americans need to know more about them before this story is finished)

Posted by ele3000

No offense but this storyine is out of continuity for DC's standards

Posted by Catastrophic

Did you know that there is a theme park going to be built based on these characters in Kuwait? They're beating DC and Marvel in terms of popularity in the middle east. lol.

Posted by Ahmed Sherif

I'm really glad that The 99 are teaming up with the JLA. This is a great introduction to my arab heros.
Posted by ali6879

MASHALLAH, THAT WHY WESTERN NEED MUCH KNOW ABOUT ISLAM , WESTERN MEDIA GET MESS UP AGAINIST ISLAM, ONLY GOD ALLAH KNOW BEST , ALLAH TEST US KUWAIT GUY, I SURE THE 99 WILL GREAT FUTURE MORE SUPERHERO CHARARCELERS GOD WILLS, marvel dc dont know what mean 99 same too western world dont know anything about islam, i love comic and read koran ,

Posted by ali6879

marvel dc dont know much about 99 , 99 is beautiful atttribus of allah, ,   As I countdown to this special event when two comic book companies of two nations come together for the first time as Western superheroes team-up with Eastern superheroes...I had a few concerns:
------------------------------ --------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

So far things might be awful in this first issue...but eventually things will get better as the plot thickens. I would say about 1.5 or 2/5. was stupid becuase they know nothig about islam , one day marvel dc will find research what is 99,