Young Justice TV series and Crisis on Two Earths movie.

#1 Posted by TSCTH (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched the first episodes of  Young Justice, and i noticed that the Martian Manhunter, Flash, Superman and Batman is drawn the same way as in the Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths movie. 
Might this mean that they are establishing a new "DC Animated Universe" out of Earth-16, and that the Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths movie were set in the same continuity as Young Justice. And if they are, do you think is a good idea to create a new  "DC Animated Universe"?

#2 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@TSCTH: No it's jsut the art style, I doubt there will ever be another aniamted universe  like the prvious one, I mean the Justice league crisis on two Earths is a one off movie, there probably will never be a sequel to it. That movie has no connections to any movie, and in fact it's based on a abandoned script called worlds collide from the previous justice league animated series, only slight elements reworked. And if that's not enough, there coming out with a new green lantern cartoon soon, completely cgi, if they were attempting to make a new animated universe, I believe they would have made the green lantern cartoon a similar style but it's not.
#3 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah I did pick up on the same styles but I'm not sure about the fact that they are the same universes.
#4 Posted by TSCTH (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:  Good points, but i could be that they just recently decided to make them the same continuity. Plus it's kinda of a big deal that they look the same, since it would require rehiring the team behind Crisis on Two Earths (which as you said is suppose to be a one of) or teaching a new team how to animated someone else's work.
#5 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@TSCTH: It could just be they resused character models, because of the fact that the justice league aren't the main stars in this.which is highly likely considering both were did by warner bros. animation. Crisis on two earths was a one shot movie, it'd make sense to save money by using character models they have already been produced, and not widely used.
#6 Posted by danhimself (22547 posts) - - Show Bio

DC would have told us by now if it were the same universe

#7 Posted by TSCTH (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:  Still, while the  "DC Animated Universe" ran, there where 6 non-DCAU series running, so the fact that the Green Lantern series will be different doesn't mean much. But i guess we'll just have to see what happens next. 
#8 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@TSCTH: Whats shows are you talking about, the batman and teen titans were the only one's that come to mind. We would know by now if they were in the same universe, warner bros would have said so so peopl would go buy crisis on two earths.
#9 Posted by TSCTH (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:  Good point. And the other shows were:  Wild C.A.T.s (1994–1995), The Superman/Batman Adventures (1995–1997), Teen Titans (2003–2006), The Batman (2004–2008), Krypto the Superdog (2005–2006) and Legion of Super Heroes (2006–2008), which ran in the period of DCAU from 1992 to 2006.
#10 Edited by danhimself (22547 posts) - - Show Bio
@TSCTH said:

" @nightwing91:  Good point. And the other shows were:  Wild C.A.T.s (1994–1995), The Superman/Batman Adventures (1995–1997), Teen Titans (2003–2006), The Batman (2004–2008), Krypto the Superdog (2005–2006) and Legion of Super Heroes (2006–2008), which ran in the period of DCAU from 1992 to 2006. "

Wild C.A.T.s  wasn't owned by DC at that time and was produced by Wildstorm and a company called Nelvana and The Superman/Batman Adventures were part of the DCAU also Legion of Superheroes started after Justice League Unlimited ended
#11 Posted by TSCTH (133 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: Your right about Wild C.A.T.s, but according to wikipedia The Superman/Batman Adventures (1995–1997) arn't part of DCAU, while The New Batman/Superman Adventures (1997–2000) are.
#12 Posted by danhimself (22547 posts) - - Show Bio
@TSCTH said:
" @danhimself: Your right about Wild C.A.T.s, but according to wikipedia The Superman/Batman Adventures (1995–1997) arn't part of DCAU, while The New Batman/Superman Adventures (1997–2000) are. "
you're right I was thinking about New Adventures and there's a reason for that....The Superman/Batman Adventures that ran from (1995-1997) is nothing but edited versions of shows like Super Friends, The New Adventures of Superman, and other shows that aired mostly in the 70's so of course they're not part of the DCAU

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.