Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3309 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Would Cyborg Fit Better On The Justice League of America?

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

During Flashpoint, Cyborg was the was a combination of Captain America and Iron Man. Without other superheroes like SUperman, Batman, etc. to take up his screen time or around to save the day, Cyborg became a Superman-like figure to the public. And he was very America-centric.

No Caption Provided

Since the reboot. Cyborg's American heritage has been emphasized, but he has definitely taken a backseat role to the other heroes on the team. He lost all of what made him cool in Flashpoint: his initiative. Could we see Cyborg join the JLA when rosters get shaken up post-Flashpoint? Could we see him start to resemble his cooler Flashpoint iteration?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Could Cyborg become the new Rick Flagg, lol?

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RDClip

I feel sorry for the character, they put him on a team of A-listers and did nothing to increase his standing in the DCU. As of now he is the glorified tech support guy of the JL. I think it would have been better to have him start with the Teen Titans.

dcdyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip:

agree. he needs to develop. then get an on-going. then maybe jla.

Avatar image for the_greatest_green_lantern
    The_Greatest_Green_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegade: I think he should lead the JLA. The government agent Cyborg in Flashpoint is my favorite interpretation of the character. He was important. He was a leader. He was powerful and useful. You can't ask for more from a character. Justice League is all about the Trinity. If Cyborg were moved to JLA and given the chance to lead he could grow.

He also needs his own back-up pages like Shazam did. We have all these pieces in the New 52 that are weakly linked to Cyborg that should have stronger links including: his father, his girlfriend, Ivo, Morrow, the Red Room, Argus, Amazo (who is in the Red Room), Ryan Choi, Arthur Light, Mr. Orr, Amanda Waller, etc. After a few years on JLA, he can move back onto the Justice League.

Once Cyborg has been used and given the chance to actually be sold to people, he could probably hold his own ongoing. I don't want him to be demoted to teen titan status. DC should keep to their promise of turning him into an A-list character, and all the a-listers are on the Justice League. It would be dumb of them to have wasted all of that time, money, and effort to associate Cyborg with the Justice League (Injustice, JL: Doom, JL: Flashpoint Paradox, JL Swag, etc.) only to not use him all of a sudden just because the comics writers never gave him a shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.