Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3323 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Would Anti-Monitor Be A Better 1st JL Movie Villain Than Darkseid

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superdork

We've all heard the rumors about Darkseid being the first Justice League movie villain. Reactions were mixed. Personally, I think that it could work.

The threat has to be BIG enough to bring these heroes together, but it also has to be credible.

If you're not a fan of the Darkseid rumor, could you see the Anti-Monitor as the 1st Justice League movie villain? Then Darkseid could be saved for later...

No Caption Provided

He's some more info on the Anti-Monitor from wikipedia:

The Anti-Monitor is an enemy not only of the Green Lantern Corps, but also of the entire Multiverse. Billions of years ago, on the planet Maltus, there existed a race of blue-skinned and immortal beings later to be called the Guardians of the Universe. One of these beings, Krona, was a scientist obsessed with the origins of the universe, even though a taboo existed amongst his people concerning the viewing of the origins of the universe.

Krona created a machine that allowed him to see into the moment of creation. Somehow, his experiment disrupted the process of creation, with terrible consequences. The exact consequences have been rewritten over the years; originally, it was the unleashing of evil itself in the universe; later, it was assumed to be the creation of the evil antimatter universe of Qward.

During the Crisis on Infinite Earths, it was also revealed to be the cause of the existence of all parallel universes in the Multiverse; several villains were sent back in time to stop him, but were defeated by Krona and the other Oans. In a final revision, it was established that it increased entropy in the universe, shortening its existence by a billion years (see heat death). In any event, two beings were created, one on the moon of Oa and the other on the moon of Qward. On the moon of Oa, the being known as the Monitor was instantly aware of his counterpart, the Anti-Monitor (although his official name is the Monitor (of his universe), and he is often addressed as such, the name Anti-Monitor is used to distinguish him from his heroic positive matter counterpart). By this time the Anti-Monitor had quickly conquered Qward, as well as the rest of the Antimatter universe. In searching for other places to conquer, he also became aware of his counterpart. These two beings battled for a million years, unleashing great powers against each other, but to no avail. At the end of their stalemate, they simultaneously attacked one another, rendering both inert for nine billion years.

In more modern times, the being known as Pariah performed an experiment similar to the one Krona attempted long ago on a parallel Earth (this was changed later to an alternate world in the post-Crisis single universe). This experiment resulted in the reawakening of both the Monitor and the Anti-Monitor, and the destruction of Pariah's Earth and his universe. The Anti-Monitor rebuilt his army, taking over Qward and using the Thunderers as his own private army, as well as creating the Shadow Demons from the elite of the Thunderers.

The Anti-Monitor then released a massive antimatter wave, absorbing the energies of the destroyed positive matter universes and growing stronger even as his counterpart grew weaker, and employed the second Psycho-Pirate, using his emotion control powers to terrorize the populations of the planets he sought to conquer and destroy. The Monitor, along with his aide Harbinger, gathered a group of heroes and villains from various alternate universes in order to combat the threat of the Anti-Monitor.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sethysquare

I think anti monitor is so much bigger in scale than darkseid it should be reserved for the 3rd film

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

No thanks. If the Justice League's gonna start off with a villain, it should be a lot smaller-scale than Darkseid or Anti-Monitor.

Personally, I'd be totally ok with Starro or the White Martians.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mbecks14

@Gambit1024 said:

No thanks. If the Justice League's gonna start off with a villain, it should be a lot smaller-scale than Darkseid or Anti-Monitor.

Agreed

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By arnoldoaad

@sethysquare said:

I think anti monitor is so much bigger in scale than darkseid it should be reserved for the 3rd film

I think the same

we should have had Starro in the first one, then Darksied and finally Anti-monitor

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#6  Edited By StarKiller809

I didn't think about it until now after what @Gambit1024: said.  

The white martians in the movie would be really cool and we could really get all the characters solo and then coming together to fight.  

I don't agree with how DC is doing the Justice League movie but since it looks like it's going to happen, I think it should be done well. 

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

@StarKiller809: Have you read Morrison's JLA run, by any chance? The first arc was a really great introduction to not only the League, but the main villains were in fact White Martians. I really recommend it. If that's not the way they'd go, the origin story used in the Bruce Timm cartoon would also be fantastic for a film plot.

Glad to know I'm not alone in thinking Starro would be awesome, btw.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I want Darkseid

Starro is a worse choice than Darkseid. Remember when Family Guy and general audiences made fun of Aquaman for like 40 years because he spoke to fish on Super Friends? Imagine how bad things would be if the Justice League fought space starfish.

If not DS, then Brainiac

No Caption Provided

He has an army. He's smart. He's sneaky. He works with superman's world. He can conquer by his own hand, but unlike other villains, he's not a conqueror. He wants to assimilate info. His origin is simple: He's from Superman's home planet.

He has plenty of good stories to base the story of of like DC Universe Online and Superman: Brainiac.

Superman will confront him because he's Kryptonian. Green Lantern will be drawn to him due to his extraterrestrial nature. Wonder Woman and Batman will try to save their cities. Cyborg can bring them together and study the technology. This has to be as realistic as possible and as different from Marvel as possible.

Man of Steel II can be about Luthor using the recovered remains of Brainiac to build his super suit to fight Superman.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Twentyfive

Darkseid

Legion of Doom

Anti-Monitor

Perfect world.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By sethysquare

@arnoldoaad said:

@sethysquare said:

I think the same

we should have had Starro in the first one, then Darksied and finally Anti-monitor

I think Darkseid being an alien invasion has very little psychological effect on the heroes.

I don't mind having Darkseid as the first villain and having the secret society in the 2nd film to kinda bridge the gap between all the other solo films.

I've always felt that the secret society is alot more personal and has a much bigger impact on the heroes.

Also, I don't see a point of having 2 alien invasion.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By colonyofcells

The evil monitors lack the personality of Darkseid.

War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By War07

@OutlawRenegade: Finally someone thinks starro is a lame choice to be in a justice league movie I prefer Darkseid or Despero!!

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#13  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

anti monitor must be in a film maybe not the first one but he is one my top three villians for a jla movie the others are darkside braniac

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024 said:

Definitely Starro. Not sure about the White Martians given that MM might detract from Superman but I definitely agree with your first sentence.

@OutlawRenegade: I'd love to see Brainiac on the screen too but as a Superman villain, not a Justice League one. I'm hoping Man of Steel 2 will have Brainiac as the adversary. Brainiac in the Justice League movie feels too forced IMO. There's only a connection with Superman if I'm honest and that's where it should stay.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#15  Edited By TheCannon

While I have no objection to Anti-Monitor in a film, I think he should be reserved for the third film. He's so powerful that with the League beating him would make Darkseid, the white Martians, Starro, Thanagarians, etc. too easy.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jobbernos

@Gambit1024 said:

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jobbernos

maybe imperiex or vandal savage? maybe even helspont.

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
    Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legion of Doom would be amazing because then you could have them teaming up with the heroes in the 3rd films giant climactic battle with Anti-Monitor I mean come on epic space battle

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.