Why Ivan Reis Is The Best Artist For Justice League (Preview)

#1 Posted by Captain13 (3511 posts) - - Show Bio

I just thought that I'd post some of Reis's pencils for all those people who can't wait to see him on Justice League.

Share your thoughts!

#2 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow they look fantastic

#3 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing! Love his work.

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13599 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#5 Posted by wessaari (632 posts) - - Show Bio

he's good but to me its too stale, and unimaginative

#6 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

His Cyborg looks sleeker, and less clumsy, thank goodness. Before we get a Cyborg ongoing, we need a definitive design. That one should be it.

#7 Posted by StarKiller809 (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad that he is coming on board even though Jim Lee is one of my favorites. I think that if anyone should be chosen to replace Lee, it's him because he is one of the best artist at DC and he is as good as Lee and sometimes even better in my opinion. 

#8 Posted by Holaso (78 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't judge how stale an artist is by character sketches...based on what i've seen of his Aquaman, he looks like he has some nice dynamic compositions. His anatomy is spot on. His character renditions above are a little 'generic' but I DO like his Cyborg. Cyborg looks sleeker for sure.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (15076 posts) - - Show Bio

His work is just amazing.

#10 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait for Ivan Reis on Justice League

#11 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think this needed to be explained.

Reis is my favorite artist of all-time, and I'm sure his work in Justice League will be stellar. The writing, on the other hand...

#12 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

These pencils look awesome!

Reis knows what he's doing.

#13 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13599 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

about freaking time, ive been looking everywhere or a decent spotlight pic of Reis' Cyborg!!!

#15 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

about freaking time, ive been looking everywhere or a decent spotlight pic of Reis' Cyborg!!!

Someone should photoshop these together into an epic wallpaper

#16 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

He is talented!

#17 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

They're nice however I still do prefer Jim Lee for some reason.

#18 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's safe for me to say that I would have probably dropped the title by now had I not seen his preview pages.

#19 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

His Cyborg looks sleeker, and less clumsy, thank goodness. Before we get a Cyborg ongoing, we need a definitive design. That one should be it.

This is a really awesome designs of Cyborg. The big problem that I find with Cyborg is alot of artists seem to have a hard time drawing him in a way that's attractive.

The other pics are some really beautiful designs. Especially the WW, the GL, and the Cyborg.

#20 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

he's amazing.

#21 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wboy said:

They're nice however I still do prefer Jim Lee for some reason.

this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.