Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3323 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Why DC has to do the exact same thing that Marvel?

• 56 results
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I mean Darkside? really? DC run out of ideas, this would be like if in the Next X Men movie decide to use Apocalypse as villain, there is no point in having movies with the exact same villain, Thanos came first into the movies, using Darkside will make the JL look bad, besides most of people belive Dark Side is an Star Wars thing, besides the fact he does looks like a Sith it would end being a terrible choice as a villain.

I mean even when Dr. Doom came first, people was making fun of him when the F4 movie came out, for the fact he looked like Darth Vader, i still remember magazines making Vader jokes.

Besides that, you would need the New Gods and many of thing like that, no one outside of the comic book nerds would understand what is the movie about.

I mean why does DC belives they are having a fight with Marvel, i mean Nolan and Snyder arent making Marvel type movies, so why in hell the DC movie universe has to follow the same logic that the Marvel one?

Cant DC go for a more mature and about the human part of heroes?, i mean the last trailer of Man of Steel looks better that all the way DC could think to use Darkside.

DC should notice that Marvel is the Jamie Oliver of superhero movies.

Everybody will like it.

But they want to be the Gordon Ramsay of superhero movies.

Not everybody will like it, but those who do, will love them.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OutlawRenegade

Okay... What villain is big enough to bring together the Emerald Gladiator, the Dark Knight, the Man of Steel, and the Amazon Princess? You can't do an alien invasion in all 3 of your movies. Which movie gets the invasion and which villain do you use?

DC is being smart by using a more serious tone than Marvel. It differentiates them more. The last thing you want is for the DC films to be like Marvel's (tone-wise).

I think Darkseid can be done. A lot of people just don't have the creativity to make it work.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By SavageDragon

I think some people are too concerned with whatothers will think DC has to standalone and make films without worrying about "copying".The fact is is that EVERYTHING has been done before. If DC does their movies well no one will care that Darkseid is a big Galactic villain who is a huge powerful muscled humanoid. I mean its comic books, theres lots of guys like that. The majority of people seeing Avengers 2 and Justice League dont know who Thanos os Darkseid is anyway so how will they know who copied who. Besides in "the Mature" tone as you call it who could be a Justice League villain? I mean Starro?, Despero? Sinestro corps? Injustice league?, Luthor? None of them can fit in the Nolan Verse, thoes movies are done the Man of Steel will have freakin ZOD in it, Super Aliens fighting Super Aliens. DC needs to focus on quality of their films and not what Marvel fanboys will scream about.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

@OutlawRenegade said:

Okay... What villain is big enough to bring together the Emerald Gladiator, the Dark Knight, the Man of Steel, and the Amazon Princess? You can't do an alien invasion in all 3 of your movies. Which movie gets the invasion and which villain do you use?

I really really hate this about comic movies these days. The first film hasn't even begun production yet and you already have a trilogy written down. Why does it need to be three movies? Why not just two? Why not just one?

Also, Anti-Monitor, Despero, Starro, Neron, Eclipso, etc.

@SavageDragon said:

Luthor? None of them can fit in the Nolan Verse,

Luthor would be absolutely perfect for Nolan's way of storytelling.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@AtPhantom said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

I really really hate this about comic movies these days. The first film hasn't even begun production yet and you already have a trilogy written down. Why does it need to be three movies? Why not just two? Why not just one?

I can't see any of those working in a Man of Steel world. And Luthor is a villain Superman can beat on his own--without even punching him.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KnightRise

Y U NO make sense

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AtPhantom

@OutlawRenegade said:

I can't see any of those working in a Man of Steel world. And Luthor is a villain Superman can beat on his own--without even punching him.

But the alien god of evil can??? Darkseid isn't that much less ridiculous that his villainous peers.

Loki is a villain Thor can beat on his own. Except when he can't.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Lvenger

@OutlawRenegade: And how does Darkseid fit any better in a Man of Steel world?

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Twentyfive

I think...... we may be over-thinking this whole thing.

Movie still has quite a bit of time to come out, after all.

ALFMutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ALFMutant

Which villain they could have used instead? Lex Luthor with aliens forces as an ally (The Avengers), the Secret Society of Super Villains should be used in the final movie, the Injustice League too. Anti-Monitor would be lame on big screen, I think Starro will have a cameo in the film tough.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@AtPhantom said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

But the alien god of evil can??? Darkseid isn't that much less ridiculous that his villainous peers.

@Lvenger said:

The Man of Steel universe has already dealt with an alien invasion from space. It would be dumb to do that again--no matter who the character is. At least DS is from a different dimension. You could even just pull a Megatron and say that he's been dormant on Earth due to some previous conflict.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmashBrawler

@OutlawRenegade said:

@AtPhantom said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Lvenger said:

The Man of Steel universe has already dealt with an alien invasion from space. It would be dumb to do that again--no matter who the character is. At least DS is from a different dimension. You could even just pull a Megatron and say that he's been dormant on Earth due to some previous conflict.

Anti-Monitor and Neron come from different dimensions as well, the Antimatter Universe and Hell, respectively. And Eclipso is not an alien.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtPhantom

@OutlawRenegade said:

Because where exactly aliens come from matters that much in an alien invasion? It's still an attack from an extra-terrestrial force.

Also, what makes you think this would have anything to do with the MoS universe?

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@AtPhantom said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Because where exactly aliens come from matters that much in an alien invasion? It's still an attack from an extra-terrestrial force.

Also, what makes you think this would have anything to do with the MoS universe?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/nov/26/man-of-steel-justice-league-movie

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AtPhantom

@OutlawRenegade said:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/nov/26/man-of-steel-justice-league-movie

"Hinted." They haven't even began the preparations for the movie. Saying anything about it right now is just silly.

Also that article is shoddy journalism at its finest.

Title: "Man of Steel will set up Justice League movie, director says"

Actual quote: "I can't really say anything to that, because that's a big spoiler."

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Mercy_
    @DeathpooltheT1000 please stop posting images with swears on them. Thanks.
    Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there are so many ideas for villains, sinestro with his corps, solaris doing something with the tech of the world, luthor teaming up with someone bla bla bla..... so many.

besides, my vote goes to darkside, i love him.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By SoA

if darkseid is put in the first , how you top it in the sequels? i like the idea of starro or maxwell lord or tower of babel

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@SoA said:

if darkseid is put in the first , how you top it in the sequels? i like the idea of starro or maxwell lord or tower of babel

Easy, you top him with the Anti-Monitor. Maxwell Lord would not be a real threat against the JLA unless he had OMACs or some other thing that could hold off the most powerful people on Earth. You can't do Tower of Babel in the first movie. And I can already see Conan O'Brian and Family Guy making fun of the Justice League for fighting space starfish--no matter how serious the movie takes them. They'll all become jokes--like Aquaman still is to the general public.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SavageDragon said:

I think some people are too concerned with whatothers will think DC has to standalone and make films without worrying about "copying".The fact is is that EVERYTHING has been done before. If DC does their movies well no one will care that Darkseid is a big Galactic villain who is a huge powerful muscled humanoid. I mean its comic books, theres lots of guys like that. The majority of people seeing Avengers 2 and Justice League dont know who Thanos os Darkseid is anyway so how will they know who copied who. Besides in "the Mature" tone as you call it who could be a Justice League villain? I mean Starro?, Despero? Sinestro corps? Injustice league?, Luthor? None of them can fit in the Nolan Verse, thoes movies are done the Man of Steel will have freakin ZOD in it, Super Aliens fighting Super Aliens. DC needs to focus on quality of their films and not what Marvel fanboys will scream about.

Wow you hate Nolan movies so hard you dont notice .

Also Man of Steel is being produce by Nolan.

Luthor, Sinestro and The Injustice League would totally work in a more serious tone movie.

@OutlawRenegade said:

@AtPhantom said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Luthor is one of the most brilliant humans on the world, he has almost killed Superman many times, this whole if cant punch him is wortless is never a good argument, under that idea Loki super duper sucked for the scene where Hulk use him as a toy.

@ALFMutant: Lex Luthor in a more Hannibal Lecter type villain, the master mind that plays with the heroes, even if they beat him, Luthor would still show what he can do.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@AtPhantom said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Luthor is one of the most brilliant humans on the world, he has almost killed Superman many times, this whole if cant punch him is wortless is never a good argument, under that idea Loki super duper sucked for the scene where Hulk use him as a toy.

@ALFMutant: Lex Luthor in a more Hannibal Lecter type villain, the master mind that plays with the heroes, even if they beat him, Luthor would still show what he can do.

While that seen was funny, it just went to show how non-threatening Loki was. Justice League needs a Darth Vader--not a joke like Loki was.

You think LoD can be introduced in one movie and considered realistic? Ugh, give me a break and re-watch Batman Begins or the Dark Knight. It would also be super expensive to pay for all of those actors.

If you use Sinestro, then I can't see Batman being helpful at all. That's why Sinestro should be saved for Green Lantern films only. That and this is a Justice League movie--not a Green Lantern one. What would Sinestro even want on Earth?

And Luthor would lose to Superman on his own. The Justice League is overkill. The only way that you can use Luthor is if you also use Brainiac or some other alien tech to "supe" him up. And yes, Brainiac can be relistic since we will see Kryptonian tech n Man of Steel. But people are still tired of Lex from Superman Returns.

Darkseid is still by far the best choice in my opinion. Superman can hit him. Batman can try to outsmart him. And he can fight multiple enemies at once if he chooses to. He could be the next Darth Vader. Just make him like Megatron in Transformers. He's been hidden on Earth for a Millenia. He reawakens due to the alien invasion in Man of Steel. He uses mind control to take over the militaries of Earth. He tries to recreate Apokolips. Heroes band together. He's teleported off planet or blackmailed by Batman. The we see him plot for a future attack. EASY.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OutlawRenegade: I never say reallistic, i say mature, if you confuse those two conceptsyou really dont understand how fantasy works.

Darkside is never going to be a Darth Vader , he was the father of the hero, he cut the hand of his own son and killed his own friends,he torture one of the heroes in front of everybody, he killed his old master, he had the Death Star, almost killed his daugther, killed hiss own wife, besides that he was a hero and deep, sorry Darkside is pretty damn lame, i mean Dr. Doom has better chances that Darkside.

Darkside = Lame Overpowered

Darth Vader = Flawed Hero that became a villain.

Darkside looks like Thanos the guy everybody saw IN THE AVENGERS, not only that, but there is no way to compare Darth Vader with Darkside, people will never care for him that much, he could work for one movie, but never for a full trilogy.

If Batman can outsmart him and Superman beat the crap of him with his own fist, it means he isnt that good.

He is just popular, because DC over uses him and overrated the living hell of the guy.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@OutlawRenegade: I never say reallistic, i say mature, if you confuse those two conceptsyou really dont understand how fantasy works.

Darkside is never going to be a Darth Vader , he was the father of the hero, he cut the hand of his own son and killed his own friends,he torture one of the heroes in front of everybody, he killed his old master, he had the Death Star, almost killed his daugther, killed hiss own wife, besides that he was a hero and deep, sorry Darkside is pretty damn lame, i mean Dr. Doom has better chances that Darkside.

Darkside = Lame Overpowered

Darth Vader = Flawed Hero that became a villain.

Darkside looks like Thanos the guy everybody saw IN THE AVENGERS, not only that, but there is no way to compare Darth Vader with Darkside, people will never care for him that much, he could work for one movie, but never for a full trilogy.

If Batman can outsmart him and Superman beat the crap of him with his own fist, it means he isnt that good.

He is just popular, because DC over uses him and overrated the living hell of the guy.

By Darth Vader, I meant iconic, memorable cinema villain, so you wasted like 10 minutes with that post. You also showed how little you understand Darkseid's character.

I'll leave you with this:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By colonyofcells

DC has been using Darkseid a lot bec. the New Gods usually don't have a regular comic title so Darkseid is not being used much in New Gods comics. I am sure the Justice League movie story will be different enough from Avengers 1.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lvenger

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Lvenger said:

Really? It's not from space anyway, it's from the Phantom Zone most likely. And like AtPhantom said, it doesn't matter where the alien force comes from. An alien invasion is still an alien invasion. So not only would the Justice League movie be copying the first Avengers film, it'd be copying the second one too by including Thanos. It's things like this that make me doubt the success of a JL film now.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lvenger

@OutlawRenegade said:

By Darth Vader, I meant iconic, memorable cinema villain, so you wasted like 10 minutes with that post. You also showed how little you understand Darkseid's character.

I'll leave you with this:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is the scans you support your case with? How would Final Crisis even work in a DC movie? Also you picked scans where Darkseid was at his physically weakest to support your point. Way to go. What next, scans of the horrendous New 52 Darkseid to show how he can beat the League around? Darkseid is a universal level threat. He should be saved for the last film because in order to top him, you'd have to use ridiculously powerful villains to do so.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AtPhantom

@OutlawRenegade said:

If you use Sinestro, then I can't see Batman being helpful at all. That's why Sinestro should be saved for Green Lantern films only. That and this is a Justice League movie--not a Green Lantern one. What would Sinestro even want on Earth?

You're incredibly contradictory. You don't think Batman can help against Sinestro, but you think he can help against motherfrakking Darkseid, who's basically Sinestro except worse in every aspect. Why? Because one comic showed him doing that? The only reason Batman never outsmarted Sinestro is because he never met Sinestro.

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

You're not making much sense either. None of those things made Darth Vader so memorable. He was DARTH FREAKING VADER before he was revealed as a father and an emo.

Hell, there's considerable talk that he was actually based on Darkseid.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OutlawRenegade: @AtPhantom: h sorry, imean, Emprie Srickes Back was part of the prequels.

Darth Vader was huge because of Empire Strickeback and The Return of The Jedi that point him as a flawed hero, you care because he is good or used to be good, he have reason to be bad or could stop being bad, he is deep.

You care for him, not because he used a costume, he had a reason, motives and was an amazing character

Darkseid is evil for the fact he was made evil, he killed all his family because he was evil, there is no way to compare a villain that you will care in a personal level with a guy that is overpowered as hell and has no real reason to do things other that being evil, i mean he is everything that is bad and evil, a villain that is so evil would make people dont care about the movie, because he has no motivation to do things.

I mean if i remember Darkseid origin is he is so evil, that killed a cat for the fact he was evil, his family because he was evil and then he became that Golem like being for the fact he was evil.

He is so evil is ridiculous.

That why Darth Vader is loved by everybody and around the world and Darksied is only loved by a very small group of people.

Besides he won the Game of Thrones

No Caption Provided

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By htb106

They're not.

Darkseid is their best villain for a Justice League movie. like Thanos is for Avengers and like Apocalypse is for X-Men.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By SupremeHyperion

by DC trying to be different and make the big movie before building up each character in their own film is going to make this hard. what they should have done is have solo movies, establish a villain in each for each hero, and then in the JLA movie have them face off against those villains as the Legion of Doom..... let's not even talk about how dumb dc is by rebooting all the characters they have established (atleast a little bit) with a new GL, a different Supes (who is in theaters 2013?) and then with batman. They are hoping that people will want to watch a movie with characters that no one outside the comic community knows about.

bj365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bj365

come on dc is and will always be the best. next for all of you crazy ones stop being HATERS!

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By colonyofcells

Transformers was not well known before the Transformers movies came out and I hope Justice League will achieve similar success. DC should be able to do better than the Star Wars movies since the Star Wars characters started out in the movies.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ComicStooge

The OP doesn't really make sense.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AtPhantom

@DeathpooltheT1000: You're not getting it man. Darth Vader is was huge because he was a giant, scary as hell, obsidian sci-fi laser samurai who could choke you across a room. All the character development of the later movies (For better or for worse) came after he already made it big as a menacing villain. All the character development of the world would have done nothing had David Prowse and James Erl Jones not established him as the most threatening character in the movie.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By Raw_Material

Think it's the other way around. Marvel picked off the idea of relaunching their entire line of comics, as they've witnessed the success that DC received after their New 52 relaunch. However, this market is all about taking and using, so I believe both have shown great treasons to each other, but also keep a strong alliance amongst both companies.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JonSmith

Because Warner Bros has no clue how to make superhero movies. They don't particularly care about making superhero movies. They just want to make money. Therefore, they don't care if something won't work for a character, they don't care if the movies bad, and they don't care if it's been done before. They've seen what works, and since it worked, obviously, it must work again.

Such as Batman. Here's Warner Bros point of view. Ahem.

"WE MADE A DARK, REALISTIC, GRITTY CHARACTER DRAMA AND TRAGEDY STARRING A SUPERHERO! IT MADE LOTS OF MONEY! THEREFORE, MAKING ALL SUPERHERO MOVIES DARK, REALISTIC, GRITTY CHARACTER DRAMA'S MUST WORK!"

Hence, Man of Steel. Which I stand by my previous assertions of it being a great movie, but only a decent Superman movie.

Now in the Justice League case:

"MARVEL MADE TONS OF MONEY POURING TIME AND EFFORT INTO MULTIPLE FRANCHISES TO BRING THEM TOGETHER INTO A BIG TEAM MOVIE THAT MADE TONS OF MONEY! THEREFORE, A TEAM MOVIE MUST WORK!"

Hence, the Justice League movie. None of the time, effort, or respect Marvel put into their movies. If it's good, great. But it won't be as good as the original Avengers movie without that build up. Warner Bros. doesn't understand this, they just called up DC and said, "MAKE JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE LIKE AVENGERS MOVIE." DC responded with,"We can finally make the movies we've always wanted, filled with respect, accuracy of the characters, capturing them better than a comic book, before finally bringing them together into an awesome Justice League film?!" To which Warner Bros replied, "LOL NO. YOU GET THREE YEARS. MAKE JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE. ONE FILM. MAKE IT LIKE BATMAN. THAT MAKES MONEY."

Perhaps I'm being unfair.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AtPhantom

@JonSmith said:

Hence, Man of Steel. Which I stand by my previous assertions of it being a great movie, but only a decent Superman movie.

Ah, so you've seen it already?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JonSmith

@AtPhantom said:

@JonSmith said:

Ah, so you've seen it already?

How did I know someone was going to make that comment?

No, I haven't seen it. I'm making a reasonable assumption based on Christopher Nolan's past work in the superhero movie market, specifically, Batman: Great movies, all three. Not very great BATMAN movies. Very realistic, yes. Very gritty, yes. But they lose the feeling of 'comic book superhero' that Marvel's managed to capture so well. So while they are about Batman, they are not specifically Batman movies. In fact, after the first one, he appears sparingly in them. Not to mention the released trailers FOR Man of Steel also suggest a similar tone.

Perhaps the structure of my previous sentence caused this confusion resulting in your question. If that be the case, I apologize. That is an error on my part.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sethysquare

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I mean Darkside? really? DC run out of ideas, this would be like if in the Next X Men movie decide to use Apocalypse as villain, there is no point in having movies with the exact same villain, Thanos came first into the movies, using Darkside will make the JL look bad, besides most of people belive Dark Side is an Star Wars thing, besides the fact he does looks like a Sith it would end being a terrible choice as a villain.

I mean even when Dr. Doom came first, people was making fun of him when the F4 movie came out, for the fact he looked like Darth Vader, i still remember magazines making Vader jokes.

Besides that, you would need the New Gods and many of thing like that, no one outside of the comic book nerds would understand what is the movie about.

I mean why does DC belives they are having a fight with Marvel, i mean Nolan and Snyder arent making Marvel type movies, so why in hell the DC movie universe has to follow the same logic that the Marvel one?

Cant DC go for a more mature and about the human part of heroes?, i mean the last trailer of Man of Steel looks better that all the way DC could think to use Darkside.

Everybody will like it.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Your post is so lacked of knowledge I dont even know where to being.

1. THANOS IS A COPY OF DARKSEID.

2. Justice League has always dealt with Alien Invasion. Starro/white martians/despero

3. Darkseid has always been one of JLA's greatest villain.

Check here - http://www.newsarama.com/comics/10-greatest-justice-league-villains-120126-1.html

So DC is copying no one.

lame.

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By xtremekidx

darkseid is not a bad choice for a villain.he is actually a big enough villain to make it work...as for your problem of introducing the rest of new gods,i say that could work for a sequel...

and as someone mentioned,the tone of the movie also fits darkseid...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethysquare: Marvel did all those thing first in their movie universe, do the same things that Avengers would mean DC dont care for making their own, so what is the point of watching DC movies, no one, this just shows how brainwashed you and many people is with if Avengers was so great it would work again but with the JL, the same dumb idea that WB had and the same dumb idea that made Green Lantern a total piece of crap.

DC dont work in the same way that Marvel, you need to do other thing with them, going the same line is like saying Batman is like Hawkeye.

@JonSmith: Snyder has said they have to reintroduce Superman to people, also i am sure people confuse mature with reallistic.

Also DC decide to do this after the fact their first try to go with a Marvel type movie failed in a horrible way, Green Lantern was a Marvel type movie.

t's enormously difficult to take very disparate characters and make them work. And DC has a harder time with it than Marvel because their characters are from a bygone era. Their characters were bigger than we were. They've amended that but Marvel really cracked the code in terms of 'Oh, they're just like us.' A dose of that sort of veracity that Marvel really started with Iron Man, I think you need to use that as a base.

I meaby belive Joss Whedon is the most overrated guy ever, but he is right about DC, DC needs his own plan and WB just dont care, they want money so hard they get blind and take horrible decisions.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@sethysquare said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Everybody will like it.

You beat me to it. I'll make my point anyway.

Aside from Darkseid coming out years before Thanos, Darkseid first appeared in Jimmy Olson 134 back in 1970, Thanos first appeared in Iron Man 55 back in 1973, Darkseid is a Jack Kirby creation. Jack F'N Kirby and one, that I might add, where someone else isn't stealing all the credit from him. Darkseid and the 4th World mythos is so deep, and so much more than "this dude is purple." The best part is, as you may have seen in the first arc of JUSTICE LEAGUE, you don't even need any of the New Gods for it to make sense.

Darkseid is a perfect and obvious choice for a villain for a Justice League movie.

Thanos is a giant leap that doesn't make too much sense in the Avengers film. Seriously, there are quite a few villains that would work much better: Masters of Evil (using villains already in MU movies), Galactus (or does Fox own him?), The Beyonder (sorry, I just really like the Beyonder), even go back to Red Skull and Hydra.

I'm off topic now... I'm done.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Billy Batson

@inferiorego said:

Galactus (or does Fox own him?),

Galactus was in Fantastic Four 2 so yes?
    BB

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sethysquare

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@sethysquare: Marvel did all those thing first in their movie universe, do the same things that Avengers would mean DC dont care for making their own, so what is the point of watching DC movies, no one, this just shows how brainwashed you and many people is with if Avengers was so great it would work again but with the JL, the same dumb idea that WB had and the same dumb idea that made Green Lantern a total piece of crap.

DC dont work in the same way that Marvel, you need to do other thing with them, going the same line is like saying Batman is like Hawkeye.

@JonSmith: Snyder has said they have to reintroduce Superman to people, also i am sure people confuse mature with reallistic.

Also DC decide to do this after the fact their first try to go with a Marvel type movie failed in a horrible way, Green Lantern was a Marvel type movie.

t's enormously difficult to take very disparate characters and make them work. And DC has a harder time with it than Marvel because their characters are from a bygone era. Their characters were bigger than we were. They've amended that but Marvel really cracked the code in terms of 'Oh, they're just like us.' A dose of that sort of veracity that Marvel really started with Iron Man, I think you need to use that as a base.

I meaby belive Joss Whedon is the most overrated guy ever, but he is right about DC, DC needs his own plan and WB just dont care, they want money so hard they get blind and take horrible decisions.

What do you mean "all those thing" Alien invasion? Also since when is Loki an alien? Oh right in the movie. Well, then MOS also copied Avengers cause they did an alien invasion also.

Oh wait again, I didn't know marvel was the first company that made a movie with alien invasion. MIB what?

@inferiorego said:

@sethysquare said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Everybody will like it.

Aside from Darkseid coming out years before Thanos, Darkseid first appeared in Jimmy Olson 134 back in 1970, Thanos first appeared in Iron Man 55 back in 1973, Darkseid is a Jack Kirby creation. Jack F'N Kirby and one, that I might add, where someone else isn't stealing all the credit from him. Darkseid and the 4th World mythos is so deep, and so much more than "this dude is purple." The best part is, as you may have seen in the first arc of JUSTICE LEAGUE, you don't even need any of the New Gods for it to make sense.

Darkseid is a perfect and obvious choice for a villain for a Justice League movie.

Thanos is a giant leap that doesn't make too much sense in the Avengers film. Seriously, there are quite a few villains that would work much better: Masters of Evil (using villains already in MU movies), Galactus (or does Fox own him?), The Beyonder (sorry, I just really like the Beyonder), even go back to Red Skull and Hydra.

great post.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@sethysquare said:

@inferiorego said:

@sethysquare said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Everybody will like it.

great post.

Agreed

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#46  Edited By StarKiller809

I have two words about Marvel coping DC. Marvel NOW. They can act like that they had this planned but I don't think anyone buys that...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I think what they could do to make Darkseid different from Thanos, and give the citizens of the world a bit more of a role is to introduce the Anti Life Equation right away, have Darkseid infect the minds of the public, just imagine Flash having to outrun the people he cares for in Central City, Superman seeing a mind controlled Lois and Jimmy, Batman coming to the Batcave to see it has even reached Alfred. It would humanize the heroes AND simultaneously introduce their supporting casts.  Having aliens invade from above while also being attack by humans on Earth would make for a major threat that would bring the League together. 

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#48  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
    @AtPhantom:  

I really really hate this about comic movies these days. The first film hasn't even begun production yet and you already have a trilogy written down. Why does it need  to be three movies? Why not just two? Why not just one? 

Exactly. God forbid a story nowadays can tell a satisfying tale in 2.5+ hours. Just because Marvel's slowly building up Thanos doesn't mean Warner Bros. needs to handle "their Thanos" in the same manner.
    Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@sethysquare said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

What do you mean "all those thing" Alien invasion? Also since when is Loki an alien? Oh right in the movie. Well, then MOS also copied Avengers cause they did an alien invasion also.

Oh wait again, I didn't know marvel was the first company that made a movie with alien invasion. MIB what?

@inferiorego said:

@sethysquare said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Everybody will like it.

great post.

Technically arent Asgardians and Olympians aliens anyway? Alien meaning foreign that is.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AtPhantom

@JonSmith said:

How did I know someone was going to make that comment?.

Just because you know how your post will be responded to doesn't mean you made a good point. At the end of the day you're still putting the cart before the horse no matter how you turn it.

@JonSmith said:

No, I haven't seen it. I'm making a reasonable assumption based on Christopher Nolan's past work in the superhero movie market, specifically, Batman: Great movies, all three. Not very great BATMAN movies. Very realistic, yes. Very gritty, yes. But they lose the feeling of 'comic book superhero' that Marvel's managed to capture so well. So while they are about Batman, they are not specifically Batman movies. In fact, after the first one, he appears sparingly in them. Not to mention the released trailers FOR Man of Steel also suggest a similar tone.

Perhaps the structure of my previous sentence caused this confusion resulting in your question. If that be the case, I apologize. That is an error on my part.

So, let me ask you this: Why, exactly, does a movie have to feel like a comic book movie to be a great character movie? Because you only see realism and grit in The Dark Knight Saga, fine. The rest of us also see a complex exploration of Batman's mythos, character and implications on a scale none of the Marvel movies matched, period. No, it's not as flashy or borderline lighthearted as Iron Man or Thor or The Avengers, but that's all superficial make up. TDKS stayed true to the essence of nearly every character from the comic books, and in doing so added aspects to them that they didn't know before. If Man Of Steel has half of what The Dark Knight had in that regard, it will be the greatest Superman story since All-Star Superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.