Who Warner Bros. Should REALLY Consider For Justice League

#1 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Director: Brad Bird or JJ Abrams

Superman (Henry Cavill or Armie Hammer), Batman (Ryan Gosling), Wonder Woman (Gemma Arterton), Green Lantern (Ryan Reynolds), Flash (Bradley Cooper), Cyborg (Anthony Mackie or Mehcad Brooks), and Aquaman (Gerard Butler)

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13390 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont like the Aquaman, superman, or flash choices.

#3 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind this roster. Except I would swap Ryan Gosling with Bradley Cooper. Bradley Cooper would be Steve Trevor.

Batman can be someone else.

#4 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Why?

@sethysquare said:

I don't mind this roster. Except I would swap Ryan Gosling with Bradley Cooper. Bradley Cooper would be Steve Trevor.

Batman can be someone else.

After seeing Drive, I think Gosling would make a pretty great, "is-he-or-is-he-not-crazy" Batman. He looks like he'll be pretty badass in Gangster Squad too. The dude can act. My other choices for Flash would be Michael Scott Porter, Matt Bomer, Michael Cassidy, and Mike Vogel.

#5 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@sethysquare said:

I don't mind this roster. Except I would swap Ryan Gosling with Bradley Cooper. Bradley Cooper would be Steve Trevor.

Batman can be someone else.

After seeing Drive, I think Gosling would make a pretty great, "is-he-or-is-he-not-crazy" Batman. He looks like he'll be pretty badass in Gangster Squad too. The dude can act. My other choices for Flash would be Michael Scott Porter, Matt Bomer, Michael Cassidy, and Mike Vogel.

my only problem is ryan gosling is blond and way too short. he also doesnt have the facial features of bruce wayne. I do think he suits flash a little more and cooper could be steve trevor.

I wouldn't mind matt bomer or michael cassidy

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13390 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outlawrenegeade: They seem too old and none of them really look that much like they're counterparts.

#7 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@sethysquare said:

I don't mind this roster. Except I would swap Ryan Gosling with Bradley Cooper. Bradley Cooper would be Steve Trevor.

Batman can be someone else.

After seeing Drive, I think Gosling would make a pretty great, "is-he-or-is-he-not-crazy" Batman. He looks like he'll be pretty badass in Gangster Squad too. The dude can act. My other choices for Flash would be Michael Scott Porter, Matt Bomer, Michael Cassidy, and Mike Vogel.

my only problem is ryan gosling is blond and way too short. he also doesnt have the facial features of bruce wayne. I do think he suits flash a little more and cooper could be steve trevor.

I wouldn't mind matt bomer or michael cassidy

Gosling and Cavill are the same height (6'1"). Gosling's hair can be dyed black or dark brown. And he looks like a handsome dude with a strong chin, so I'm fine with his facial features. But if you don't like him for the role, it's cool.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Outlawrenegeade: They seem too old and none of them really look that much like they're counterparts.

Even Cavill who's going to be in Man of Steel?

Not every hero has to look super young. Ruffalo, Downey, and Jenner weren't young in the Avengers. I think Butler would have real presence and gravitas as Arthur.

#8 Posted by SUNMAN (7251 posts) - - Show Bio

Anthony Mackie will be Falcon in Captain America. WB won't use him.

We can play this casting game if you guys want, but I'm confident there are several actors out there who could do these characters justice, it's just a matter of WB casting the right people, so I think fans should have an open mind about it

#9 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Flash and Aquaman would be tough to get right on screen. And Green Lantern has trouble too. As for the casting choices, I want someone else for WW.

EDIT:

If I were doing a seven-character JL cast (although that seems like a lot, especially if you have supporting characters), I'd do something more like:

  1. Booster Gold - Channing Tatum (21 Jump Street)
  2. Black Canary - Jessica Biel (The Illusionist)
  3. Superman - Henry Cavill (Immortals)
  4. Wonder Woman - Gina Carano (Haywire)
  5. Batman - Ryan Gosling (Drive)
  6. Cyborg - Aldis Hodge (Leverage)
  7. Miss Martian - Anna Kendrick (Up In The Air)

Less traditional of course, but more varied in terms of demographics, themes, and age-of-introduction for characters. This should appeal to different corners of the fandom.

#10 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Supes, Flash, and GL choices. Don't like Aquaman or WW. Don't know anything about the actor you have for Bats.

But there's a problem here. You forgot Martian Manhunter.

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13390 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@sethysquare said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@sethysquare said:

I don't mind this roster. Except I would swap Ryan Gosling with Bradley Cooper. Bradley Cooper would be Steve Trevor.

Batman can be someone else.

After seeing Drive, I think Gosling would make a pretty great, "is-he-or-is-he-not-crazy" Batman. He looks like he'll be pretty badass in Gangster Squad too. The dude can act. My other choices for Flash would be Michael Scott Porter, Matt Bomer, Michael Cassidy, and Mike Vogel.

my only problem is ryan gosling is blond and way too short. he also doesnt have the facial features of bruce wayne. I do think he suits flash a little more and cooper could be steve trevor.

I wouldn't mind matt bomer or michael cassidy

Gosling and Cavill are the same height (6'1"). Gosling's hair can be dyed black or dark brown. And he looks like a handsome dude with a strong chin, so I'm fine with his facial features. But if you don't like him for the role, it's cool.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Outlawrenegeade: They seem too old and none of them really look that much like they're counterparts.

Even Cavill who's going to be in Man of Steel?

Not every hero has to look super young. Ruffalo, Downey, and Jenner weren't young in the Avengers. I think Butler would have real presence and gravitas as Arthur.

The Avengers all matched their characters respective ages in appearance Bruce Banner and Tony Stark are not young men. and when did i mention Cavill?

#12 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: You mentioned him here:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Dont like the Aquaman, superman, or flash choices.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@sethysquare said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@sethysquare said:

I don't mind this roster. Except I would swap Ryan Gosling with Bradley Cooper. Bradley Cooper would be Steve Trevor.

Batman can be someone else.

After seeing Drive, I think Gosling would make a pretty great, "is-he-or-is-he-not-crazy" Batman. He looks like he'll be pretty badass in Gangster Squad too. The dude can act. My other choices for Flash would be Michael Scott Porter, Matt Bomer, Michael Cassidy, and Mike Vogel.

my only problem is ryan gosling is blond and way too short. he also doesnt have the facial features of bruce wayne. I do think he suits flash a little more and cooper could be steve trevor.

I wouldn't mind matt bomer or michael cassidy

Gosling and Cavill are the same height (6'1"). Gosling's hair can be dyed black or dark brown. And he looks like a handsome dude with a strong chin, so I'm fine with his facial features. But if you don't like him for the role, it's cool.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Outlawrenegeade: They seem too old and none of them really look that much like they're counterparts.

Even Cavill who's going to be in Man of Steel?

Not every hero has to look super young. Ruffalo, Downey, and Jenner weren't young in the Avengers. I think Butler would have real presence and gravitas as Arthur.

The Avengers all matched their characters respective ages in appearance Bruce Banner and Tony Stark are not young men. and when did i mention Cavill?

Stark and Banner are depicted as being in their mid-30s in the comics. RDJ and Ruffalo are clearly in their forties. Also, Hakweye is supposed to be late 20s or early 30s. He was played by an over-40 Jenner. Point is that they all got the characters right regardless of age. I agree with OP on Aquaman being older and more regal. It forces people to take him more seriously.

#13 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13390 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: You mentioned him here:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Dont like the Aquaman, superman, or flash choices.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@sethysquare said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@sethysquare said:

I don't mind this roster. Except I would swap Ryan Gosling with Bradley Cooper. Bradley Cooper would be Steve Trevor.

Batman can be someone else.

After seeing Drive, I think Gosling would make a pretty great, "is-he-or-is-he-not-crazy" Batman. He looks like he'll be pretty badass in Gangster Squad too. The dude can act. My other choices for Flash would be Michael Scott Porter, Matt Bomer, Michael Cassidy, and Mike Vogel.

my only problem is ryan gosling is blond and way too short. he also doesnt have the facial features of bruce wayne. I do think he suits flash a little more and cooper could be steve trevor.

I wouldn't mind matt bomer or michael cassidy

Gosling and Cavill are the same height (6'1"). Gosling's hair can be dyed black or dark brown. And he looks like a handsome dude with a strong chin, so I'm fine with his facial features. But if you don't like him for the role, it's cool.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Outlawrenegeade: They seem too old and none of them really look that much like they're counterparts.

Even Cavill who's going to be in Man of Steel?

Not every hero has to look super young. Ruffalo, Downey, and Jenner weren't young in the Avengers. I think Butler would have real presence and gravitas as Arthur.

The Avengers all matched their characters respective ages in appearance Bruce Banner and Tony Stark are not young men. and when did i mention Cavill?

Stark and Banner are depicted as being in their mid-30s in the comics. RDJ and Ruffalo are clearly in their forties. Also, Hakweye is supposed to be late 20s or early 30s. He was played by an over-40 Jenner. Point is that they all got the characters right regardless of age. I agree with OP on Aquaman being older and more regal. It forces people to take him more seriously.

hmmm, i didn't remember mentioning Cavill, my bad. isnt Hawkeye based on his ultimate counterpart in the movie? i always thought he was older in the ultimate u. he had a wife and kids. can you get me a scan or something where it men tions tony's age because i thought he was early 40's at the least.

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13390 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

You know, who I think should be Martian Manhunter????

Benedict Cumberbatch

.............i dont even know who that is.......

#15 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan looks more like Barry...

#16 Posted by Black_Claw (3007 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this cast, except for Ryan Reynolds coming back as Green Lantern.

#17 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

Stark and Banner are depicted as being in their mid-30s in the comics. RDJ and Ruffalo are clearly in their forties. Also, Hakweye is supposed to be late 20s or early 30s. He was played by an over-40 Jenner. Point is that they all got the characters right regardless of age. I agree with OP on Aquaman being older and more regal. It forces people to take him more seriously.

nonono. I want Aquaman to look younger and brasher like in the new 52

#18 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

Gosling and Cavill are the same height (6'1"). Gosling's hair can be dyed black or dark brown. And he looks like a handsome dude with a strong chin, so I'm fine with his facial features. But if you don't like him for the role, it's cool.

I love Ryan Gosling and I want him to be in the movie. I just don't know Bats is the right role for him. But I would love to be proven wrong

#19 Posted by FlashKnight (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it like a rule that DC and Marvel can't use the same actors in their main roles or something? Cause I think Chris Hemsworth would be perfect as Aquaman. And to the OP, I'm pretty sure it's already been confirmed that Cavill will be playing Superman in the JLA film.

#20 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@FlashKnight: Where? The movie hasn't even officially been announced yet.

#21 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Aquaman needs to be handsome so he can get some fangirls.

#22 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheVoiceOfReason: I disagree. Cyborg isn't, so Aquaman doesn't have to be. Just make him Aragorn.

#23 Edited by FlashKnight (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: I don't have a link but I've seen a number of respected posters on this site say Cavill would be back. And Cavill did sign his Supes contract for multiple films...

#24 Posted by The Stegman (24983 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheVoiceOfReason:  
 
 
Aquaman 
 
#25 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Paul Walker couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

#26 Posted by SmashBrawler (5941 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@TheVoiceOfReason: I disagree. Cyborg isn't, so Aquaman doesn't have to be. Just make him Aragorn.

Yes, but Cyborg isn't seen as a joke by the general public. The few non-readers who know about him like Vic because he was part of a certain animated series.

#27 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@Superdork said:

@TheVoiceOfReason: I disagree. Cyborg isn't, so Aquaman doesn't have to be. Just make him Aragorn.

Yes, but Cyborg isn't seen as a joke by the general public. The few non-readers who know about him like Vic because he was part of a certain animated series.

His toy sales from that series indicate that he was by and large the least popular. And yet he has his fans. If Cyborg doesn't need to be handsome to get by, then Aquaman doesn't need to be either. I don't want to see 6 lily white models and a cyborg on screen. I want to see characters who look like real people--like the Avengers or the Amazing Spider-man. Ruffalo, Downey, Renner, Garfield, Maguire, and many other superheroes are not handsome in the conventional superhero sense, but they are all immensely popular. Aquaman should be a badass--not some pretty boy. This is not twilight. Making him pretty won't get people to take him more seriously--good writing and acting will.

Anyhoo, if this is any indication, he probably won't even be in the film.

#28 Posted by SUNMAN (7251 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: Aquaman won't be seen as a joke if portrayed well. As for looks people tend to say famous people arre attractive in general. We all know there are some average looking celebrities who get labeled as hot in part due to their fame.

Also I'm not sure going the Twligiht/High School Musical cast an attractive guy will endear Aquaman to the comic fanbase. My hope is that WB will just focus on getting the best actor for the job.....keyword being actor.

#29 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Matthew Morrison or Chris Pine could be The Flash (Barry Allen), not too sure about Bradley Cooper though. Viggo Mortensen would make a excellent Batman, the same with Gerald Butler and Aquaman. I can see Nathan Fillion as GL (Hal Jordan), Anthony Mackie would make a cool Cyborg. That's if they go by The New 52 thing.

#30 Posted by SUNMAN (7251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cole_Mercer: Mackie is already Falcon for marvel. WB won't dare cast him for Cyborg

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.