Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

who to take over justice league art

Avatar image for michaelthemighty17
    michaelthemighty17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

the title says it all

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Captain13

francis manapul

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

Ivan Reis has been pretty great, I'm not sure if he's full time, though.

I also wouldn't mind Andy Kubert, Nicola Scott, Tony Daniel, or Jason Fabok.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Ivan Reis is arguably the best artist in DC on par if not above Jim Lee hope he has a long stint on JL other than that the artists mentioned above are all fine.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Veshark

@UltimateSMfan said:

Ivan Reis is arguably the best artist in DC on par if not above Jim Lee hope he has a long stint on JL other than that the artists mentioned above are all fine.

This. Reis really is the best 'traditional superhero artist' in the industry right now - to my knowledge and in my opinion, at least. I really hope he stays on for a long run; his art is superb and makes Johns' occasional missteps tolerable. Plus, he draws a kickass Batman!

But if Reis were to leave, I'd nominate Gary Frank to be his replacement. While I'm not entirely confident that he can bring the dynamic wide-screen action that JL needs, his art as a whole is very pretty and well composed.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
    RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#6  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

Nicola Scott (Earth-2) is the only other artist at DC on par with Ivan Reis and Jim Lee, though Kenneth Rocafort (Red Hood and the Outlaws), Ethan van Sciver (The Fury of Firestorm), David Finch (Batman: The Dark Knight) could all conceivably do acceptable jobs on DC's flagship title as well.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Press Oblivion

I would love to see Doug Mahnke on the title again. Love, Love, Love his art.

I would have loved to see Scott Clark on it for a stint . . . may he rest in peace.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KnightRise

I miss Jim Lee. I love his art so much. IMO Ivan Reis and Doug Mankhe are similar, where as Nicola Scott is just a step below them. Gary Frank, while incredible, is better on a more classic and less "dynamic" book. His Silver Age/Richard Donner film-esque Superman covers are my favorite. So if I can't have Lee, I'd take either Reis or Manke. They both go well with Johns. Just not Rockafort. I totally love Rockafort, but his prettiness wouldn't work here.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.