Who Should Write Justice League?

#1 Posted by Captain13 (3335 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would be a goof replacement for Geoff Johns?

I say Rick Remender.

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (58069 posts) - - Show Bio

Goof or good?

BB

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Morrison.
#5 Posted by Captain13 (3335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Good.

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (58069 posts) - - Show Bio

Milligan or Ellis.
BB

#7 Posted by Lvenger (20234 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's time Mark Waid came back to the JLA.

#8 Posted by badaboop (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say Mark Millar because of how he wrote the first two volumes of Ultimates, but then I look back at what he's done recently and think again. I would second Warren Ellis or Grant Morrison.

#9 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Paul Jenkins won't be doing much after his 2-issue Stormwatch arc is done, and his work is usually either pretty good or pretty bad.

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11738 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrison or Waid.

#11 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

I say Rick Remender.

I think that'd be a brilliant move, sales and popularity-wise... however, I think it is one of the least likely possibilities, at least within the next few years. First, I don't see Geoff leaving the book... second, I don't see Remender moving beyond the Marvel umbrella... don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to, I just don't see it happening. I'd be really interested to see what he'd do with the title. For that matter, I'd be equally eager to see him handle one of the other two JL books. Dark would be right up his alley (but I don't really want anyone (save for Scott Snyder, who I'd let write just about anything) to take that book away from Jeff Lemire...)

#12 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

KIRKMAN!!!!! only mostly kidding

#13 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe: i get it

Mark Miller, weird guy but damn can he write a great team book

#14 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see PAD take a crack at it.

#15 Posted by darkrider (450 posts) - - Show Bio

JUDD WINICK

#16 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Joss Whedon. The Justice League need some awesome advancements and revelations like Astonishing X-Men :)

#17 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOptimist said:

@Captain13 said:

I say Rick Remender.

I think that'd be a brilliant move, sales and popularity-wise... however, I think it is one of the least likely possibilities, at least within the next few years. First, I don't see Geoff leaving the book... second, I don't see Remender moving beyond the Marvel umbrella... don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to, I just don't see it happening. I'd be really interested to see what he'd do with the title. For that matter, I'd be equally eager to see him handle one of the other two JL books. Dark would be right up his alley (but I don't really want anyone (save for Scott Snyder, who I'd let write just about anything) to take that book away from Jeff Lemire...)

Its true. I dont see Geoff leaving the book, neither do I see Remender leaving Marvel.

#18 Posted by BigBDawg (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm. Mark Waid comes to mind but I dunno if he's with DC right now. But Grant Morrison hits my mind too

#19 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigBDawg said:

Hmmm. Mark Waid comes to mind but I dunno if he's with DC right now. But Grant Morrison hits my mind too

Waid's currently writing Daredevil for Marvel.

#20 Posted by BigBDawg (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush: Crud! XD I had thought that but it passed my mind!

#21 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13268 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Waid. He's one of he few writers who knows how to write Hal Jordan and Barry Allen well

#22 Posted by BigBDawg (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Agreed. JLA Year One as well as Green Lantern/Flash: The Brave and the Bold as well as his work with Brian Augustyn on the Flash are evidence of his excellent work with Hal and/or Barry.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.