who should lead the justice league?

• 103 results
#1 Posted by ultimatejones (41 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

The Trinity; with Superman as the center.

#3 Posted by difficlus (10678 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#4 Posted by Sissel (1982 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Batman because he is much of a leader type. But, Superman is very good in talking with the team. Superman I say. But, I just picked Batman. :P

#5 Posted by LordMaverick (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

Green lantern, he is supossed to be interstellar law enforcement ............
#6 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Superman. He is good at raising morale and he has better people skills than Batman.
#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12309 posts) - - Show Bio

who the hell is gonna vote for Dick LOL

#8 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
I don't know >_>
#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob said:
@cattlebattle said:
I don't know >_>
Dick has more connections than anyone else in the DCU. He's been a Teen Titan, Titan, Outsider and Leaguer. 

But that's all he has going for him over the others.
#10 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8037 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
The Trinity; with Superman as the center.
Yeah pretty much this!!
#11 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@hydrabob said:
@cattlebattle said:
I don't know >_>
Dick has more connections than anyone else in the DCU. He's been a Teen Titan, Titan, Outsider and Leaguer.   But that's all he has going for him over the others.
So, his advantage is he knows who is working with an how they are going to act. He just doesn't have the morale boosting that Supes has or the strategy that Batman has, so it doesn't put him up there as a good choice.
#12 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman may know the ins and outs of organizing a team, but that doesn't make him a leader. Superman is my choice.

#13 Posted by Bearded Justice (751 posts) - - Show Bio

wonder woman 

that'll give her something to do
#14 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

This Is why batman Is a superior leader. :D   

#15 Posted by King Saturn (222850 posts) - - Show Bio
The Man of Steel
#16 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3327 posts) - - Show Bio
@ebuchanan said:
Green lantern, he is supossed to be interstellar law enforcement ............
But there's a reason that some cops get promoted to administration and others don't. Being a cop doesn't make you a leader.
#17 Posted by LordMaverick (5221 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi
he greenlantern ring chooses its wearer for a reason...........
#18 Posted by velle37 (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:

I would.. 
Back when he was written properly......
#19 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
So who is going to vote for the guy who has lead The Teen Titans, The New Teen Titans, The Titans, The Outsiders and even the Justice League (2 times)? 
Who is going to vote for the guy who is the leader of two different generations of superheroes? 
Who is going to vote for a guy who has been fighting crime since he was 8 (or 12 depending on the timeline now)? 
Who is going to vote for the guy who like hydrabob said has the best leader qualities of both Superman and Batman? 
Who is going to vote for the guy who is established on DC's website as a "leader without equal"?
#21 Posted by silverman201 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman
#22 Edited by War Killer (19521 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not have both Batman AND Superman co-lead the team together? Why does only one person have to be "the leader" when you could have both? I mean Superman is able to inspire hope in his teammates when they're in a tough situation while Batman is the man who comes up with the plans and is able to strategically place each member where they need to be. There's a reason why these two are called the World's Finest :)

#23 Posted by cattlebattle (12309 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
@cattlebattle said:
So who is going to vote for the guy who has lead The Teen Titans, The New Teen Titans, The Titans, The Outsiders and even the Justice League (2 times)? Who is going to vote for the guy who is the leader of two different generations of superheroes? Who is going to vote for a guy who has been fighting crime since he was 8 (or 12 depending on the timeline now)? Who is going to vote for the guy who like hydrabob said has the best leader qualities of both Superman and Batman? Who is going to vote for the guy who is established on DC's website as a "leader without equal"?
I love Grayson, he's a very skilled and resourceful character, but who's going to vote for him out of THOSE choices.....besides you obviously
#24 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
Ahaah! I voted for Dick!
#25 Posted by Angeni (5085 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#26 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Grayson is one tactical mofo
#27 Posted by Billy Batson (56986 posts) - - Show Bio

Which GL? 

BB

#28 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11762 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick. 
then supes  
then maybe hal

#29 Posted by ghinzdra (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: because at some point someone has to call the shot...make a decision. Now the truth is : superman will always be the face of the justice league. He's politically correct,he's the first superhero, he's the most powerful. But everytime a hard decision has to be taken it's batman who chooses for the others (especially because he has contengency plans so he always know what to do and he has a strong sense of initiative). He's also the one choosing the tactic and telling the other capes what to do in a battle. So you could say that Superman is the leader in title and in moral while Batman is the leader in the shadow . . The only (big) exception is during identity crisis when they brainwashed doctor light and erased batman memory....and with brother eye/OMAC Daddy reminded them who was the boss

#30 Posted by desmond006 (594 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see hal jordan in a leadership position

#31 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

A good leader is a master strategist who views and uses their teammates as chess pieces without caring how they view him or her and also being willing to do anything to get the job done. My answer is Batman

#32 Posted by dustinriedesel (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd undeniably vote for Dick. You need someone who understands the human plight and the superhuman agendas. You need your leader to be moral, respected and wise. You don't need him to be the most powerful (Superman), the most intelligent (Batman), the most reckless (Hal), or the quickest to anger (Wonder Woman).

Leadership is about funneling the characteristics of those beneath you into a focused, united effort. Dick's way better at that than any of the other candidates.

#33 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, of course. He's much better at having group discussions and dealing with others (such as the media, press, etc.). That's something a team leader should be very good at. While Batman is the better tactition and strategist, he keeps way too many secrets (i.e. Tower of Babel), doesn't discuss things with his teammates, and has a very "it's my way or the highway" attitude. I think Diana is a better warrior than a leader, but I would trust her as second or third command.

For a future JLA (and I mean way out there) I could definitely see Dick Grayson leading the JLA. Assuming you're talking about Hal Jordan as GL, I say absolutely not. He's much too headstrong and impulsive to lead any team, let alone the Justice League.

#34 Posted by Vortex13 (12156 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I know it will never happen, I think Wonder Woman should. She has experience leading people into battle so she definitely has the tactical mind to do so and also she would have to have a good sense of how to raise moral or keep the team focused as a fighting force again due to her experience with the amazons. So she gets my vote.

#35 Posted by ssejllenrad (12792 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who would not pick Superman is... is.... is....... is not a Supes fanboy such as I... :D

#36 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8759 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman would be the best leader for the current Justice League

#37 Posted by bluE_x20a (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I view Justice league politics as a Westminster parliamentary system - having both ceremonial and tactical leaders. Superman, as the ceremonial leader is the face of Justice League (often depicted as the one who faces the media, speaks in behalf of the league, and other ceremonial rites) and the one who usually raises/boosts the moral of the team. He is after all the beacon of light and hope. Batman on the other hand, is the tactical leader - he is in charge of running the Justice League organization entirely on a tactical level. He manages everything from strategy, planning, research, finance up to the minute details about the league. I see this kind of system works for them well and I wouldn't want to change that.

#38 Posted by Bruxae (9545 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Trinity should lead together, Batman has the plans, Wonder Woman got tactics, Superman got diplomacy. I choose Superman as I believe he is best suited as the front figure but they should all 3 have equal say.

#39 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is the leader. Batman is the strateist. Batman's too much of a cold person to be a good leader.

#40 Posted by TheCannon (16115 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

Would vote for Aquaman, but he's not listed.

#41 Posted by War07 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman!!!

#42 Posted by Black_Claw (2821 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Superman on this one

#43 Posted by SmashBrawler (4776 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. It's time for change.

#44 Edited by Onemoreposter (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

I always looked at it like this. Superman is the head of state and Batman is the head of government. If the JLA was England Superman would be the Queen and Batman would be Prime Minister Cameron. Superman is the symbol they all rally behind. He's always front and center and he's the one allies and enemies alike kneel too. Batman on the other hand is the one organizing the team, creating strategies and plans, and appropriating funds for halls and satellites.

Superman is the heart of the JLA and Batman is the grit.

#45 Posted by Bludhaven (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: Haha, I'd hardly call David Cameron 'grit' :P

But yeah, I completely agree with what you're saying.

#46 Posted by Onemoreposter (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bludhaven said:

@Onemoreposter: Haha, I'd hardly call David Cameron 'grit' :P

lol. Then lets say my analogue between the JLA and British government ended before that last sentence.

#47 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#48 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3415 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

Aquaman. It's time for change.

Barring Superman, I wouldn't mind Aquaman having a go at leading the JL, his DCNU credentials are pretty impressive in the leadership capacity.

#49 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman should lead seeing as he is the most tactically sound member of the team.

#50 Posted by Pyrogram (32277 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman or wonder women.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.