Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Who is the pointless member of the main JL guys?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@BushidoBlack: I know, but it isn't the writing. I just don't see how introducing Superman into the Justice League does anything for his character or the team at this point.. Justice League would do fine without him if that was the main worry.
    timelord786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By timelord786

wonder women

TheMinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By TheMinister

Cyborg definitely.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Twentyfive

@BushidoBlack: People are stupid. That is how. And blind as well, it seems.

britsera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By britsera

@BushidoBlack said:

Blame Johns. His Superman hasn't been anything special at all. Compare the current version to Superman from the Justice League cartoon for example. The differences are glaring.

I miss that cartoon. We had distinct characters there - we knew what Superman would do, what he would say, even how he would attack/move in the fight (tank then punch).

imho, the comic is missing that, and while its still entertaining, its not amazing like it could be.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#156  Edited By Captain13

@BlueLantern1995: Honestly, how many times are you going to keep re-posting the same thing. We get it. You con't like Cyborg. Just because you keep posting something over and over again doesn't make it more true, okay? Move on. It doesn't make any logical sense to say that he's useless for reasons that have been posted in this thread numerous times. The correct answer is Aquaman. You failed. Good day.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By AtPhantom

@Crom-Cruach said:

Anyone who says Aquaman needs a wake up call. His power to control sea life is insane powerful. He can do this:

No Caption Provided

You know somehow I thought you'd bawk at the idea of an underwater hairless monkey controlling a Great Old One. :P

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By ms__omega

I like Cyborg

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Ms. Omega said:

I like Cyborg

Same.

Avatar image for valendianknight
    ValendianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By ValendianKnight

How can anyone say WW is less useful then Cyborg? I vote Cyborg as well, Aquaman would slap him silly.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Captain13
    supermaansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#162  Edited By supermaansito

@britsera said:

Cyborg's role could be filled by Bats most of the time, imho. It seems we lost telepathy and shape-shifting for the Batcomputer and a BFG. Imho, you've either gotta add firepower or personality/a story to the League. Cyborg's personality doesn't do much for me, so meh. I think Cyborg would do better solo, or with the Titans.

But Supes also doesn't really seem to be doing much (I've read up to 10-ish as of now), other than "observing." Sure, he's the strongest guy on the team, but he hasn't brought much personality to it. Seriously, Batman has more lines, and he's the one that stands in the dark corner glaring at things.

NEW 52 he cant do what Cyborg does with Tecn..

supermaansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By supermaansito

@RainEffect said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Aquaman and Wonder Woman

Let's Look at The Facts/Powers

Useful

Superman- Super Strength, Flight, Invulnerability, Heat Vision, Ice Breath, Rapid Healing, Super Speed, Super Stamina, Super Hearing, And 50 Other Kinds of Vision, Genius Intellect

Green Lantern- Will Power Based Hard Light Constructs, Force Fields That Sustain Life in Space, Flight, Hyperspace Travel, Universal Translation, Access To Oan History Files, Transmutation,

Cyborg- Super Strength, Super Endurance, Super Durability, Ability to interface with ANY COMPUTER, Flight, Boom Tube Generation/Teleportation, Flight, Ability to Integrate new Weapons, Sonic Cannons, Plasma Cannons, Advanced Sensors, Genius Intellect

Batman- Genius Intellect, Peak Physical and Mental Conditioning, MONEY. Master martial artist, detective, strategist, tactician, and escapologist. Master of stealth. Master of disguise. Proficient with technology. Excellent observational skills. Photographic memory. Expert acrobat and marksman.

Flash- TIME TRAVEL, Super Speed, Super Memory, Super Fast Thought Processing, Phasing, Self-Molecular Control

Useless/Redundant

Aquaman- Superhuman strength,speed, agility, and endurance. Water Breathing. Fish Command. Superior hand-to-hand combatant. Healing factor.

Wonder Woman- Superhuman strength,speed, agility, and endurance. Flight. Superior hand-to-hand combatant. Healing factor.

But it's not all about powers. They all have distinct, likable personalities (IMO) that make stories interesting. And each one of the 7 is someone's favorite. Mine is Cyborg. And I LOVE Aquaman's ongoing series. Plus there's nothing is wrong with power redundancy since no hero can be everywhere and they need all the help that they can get.

this is why my Pick was WW since the start ....
    britsera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By britsera

@Supermansito said:

@britsera said:

Cyborg's role could be filled by Bats most of the time, imho. It seems we lost telepathy and shape-shifting for the Batcomputer and a BFG. Imho, you've either gotta add firepower or personality/a story to the League. Cyborg's personality doesn't do much for me, so meh. I think Cyborg would do better solo, or with the Titans.

But Supes also doesn't really seem to be doing much (I've read up to 10-ish as of now), other than "observing." Sure, he's the strongest guy on the team, but he hasn't brought much personality to it. Seriously, Batman has more lines, and he's the one that stands in the dark corner glaring at things.

As in boom tubing? Like I said, I don't think that's really all that big of a deal right now, and will be less important when we see more of the Watchtower tech (though the "fail every x attempts" is interesting, there could be some cool stories there). Generating maps and intel can be done by the Batcomputer (essp with those contact lens we've seen). Absorbing all the information in a computer (or whatever it is) is a neat trick, but hacking would have the same results in most stories (though a little slower of course). Either way, if you switched Batman and Cyborg when it comes to tech, most of the time it would seem perfectly plausible. Switching Batman with Superman would not, because they have very different roles on the team.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Captain13

@britsera said:

@Supermansito said:

@britsera said:

As in boom tubing? Like I said, I don't think that's really all that big of a deal right now, and will be less important when we see more of the Watchtower tech (though the "fail every x attempts" is interesting, there could be some cool stories there). Generating maps and intel can be done by the Batcomputer (essp with those contact lens we've seen). Absorbing all the information in a computer (or whatever it is) is a neat trick, but hacking would have the same results in most stories (though a little slower of course). Either way, if you switched Batman and Cyborg when it comes to tech, most of the time it would seem perfectly plausible. Switching Batman with Superman would not, because they have very different roles on the team.

According to your logic, Flash shoudn't be on the team either. All he can do is run faster than Superman and vibrate through walls. Superman has Super speed and can bust through walls so you can easily switch them. And by that same logic Superman can also replace both Aquaman and Wonder Woman. And Aquaman can replace Wonder Woman. Etc. Etc. Etc. So your team is just Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern--doesn't sound like much of a team to me.

There's overlap on every team. Go watch/read Avengers. It's okay to have overlap. Cyborg is far BETTER than Batman at tech, he's nearly omniscient since he has access to all information on computers, he's the only person who can teleport of his own volition, he has clear ties with Star Labs. He's far from being the most useless.

And who says that there will EVER be teleporters on the watchtower in the New52? That's a big assumption.

This thread is stupid. I just want it to die.

supermaansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By supermaansito

@Captain13 said:

@britsera said:

@Supermansito said:

@britsera said:

According to your logic, Flash shoudn't be on the team either. All he can do is run faster than Superman and vibrate through walls. Superman has Super speed and can bust through walls so you can easily switch them. And by that same logic Superman can also replace both Aquaman and Wonder Woman. And Aquaman can replace Wonder Woman. Etc. Etc. Etc. So your team is just Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern--doesn't sound like much of a team to me.

There's overlap on every team. Go watch/read Avengers. It's okay to have overlap. Cyborg is far BETTER than Batman at tech, he's nearly omniscient since he has access to all information on computers, he's the only person who can teleport of his own volition, he has clear ties with Star Labs. He's far from being the most useless.

And who says that there will EVER be teleporters on the watchtower in the New52? That's a big assumption.

mi pick still is WW

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By jwalser3

I understand the boom tubes are useful but I consider Cyborg the bus boy of the league, getting people around to do the fighting.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By jphulk26

Batman he has no powers. Cool character, but in some iterations, especially the recent cartoon, even Flash seems more useful. WW always kicks ass.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By OutlawRenegade

DIE, THREAD, DIE!!!

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#170  Edited By MrArrogant

Batman, he is not needed for tech support as that's cyborg's job, he is not a physic benefit to the team being the only non-super powered member of the team, and is ignored by most of his team-mates so he does not even make a good team leader; in fact he's more of a hindrance to the team seeing as he nearly got them all killed in tower of babel.The only reason Batman is even on the team is because he's DC's most popular character

britsera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By britsera

@Captain13 said:

@britsera said:

@Supermansito said:

@britsera said:

Since I got called out I'll reply.... but this thread's on its way down.

Now, taking an argument to absurdity is no way to have a serious discussion (yes, i realized I'm on a comics website, lol).

Like I’ve said a couple of time in this thread, it’s not just about power, but personality/personal characteristics as well. And as I’ve said, Cyborg’s personality does not do much for me. Combined with the % overlap (which seems unusually high for him), he gets picked as the useless member. I’m not saying he’s not a decent superhero or that he’s boring, I’m saying he doesn’t really need to be in the Justice League comic because he doesn’t add much imho.

And his omniscient computer power annoys me more than anything. The second you make a character all-knowing, you nuke any tension. Imho it’s a lazy attempt to give him a cool power and raise him up to the level of the other six. They should have thought more carefully about it, because the tech angle could be spectacular is done properly.

Like I’ve tried to convey, I don’t hate Cyborg. Right now I don’t feel anything for him, and don’t think he adds much to the story (in the spirit of the thread, “useless,” yes?). That’s the fault of the writers more than anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a hard call. Cyborg Takes on a role that Batman "can" do but does it better. He also adds transportation. Technically Superman can do tech too (just not as good), but you won't see it in JLA because they don't want to diminish other characters. Cyborg is to Batman and Superman (Tech-wise) what Flash is to Superman (Speed Wise). So Cyborg brings a gain in tech as Flash does for speed.

In terms of redundancy Wonder Women is the most redundant, but I'm not sure I would call her the most useless, she brings Super powered fighting skills to the table, but so does Aquaman to a degree. Aquaman actually gives a fair share of coverage with his water abilities, something no-one else offers.

I really can't think of someone who is overall useless, the more I type the more I think they all bring a fair value but Batman, Superman and MMH being the most versatile with everyone else coming in a close second.

Moccles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Moccles

Cyborg.

Aquaman is awesome and Wonder Women is also awesome. Cyborg is just a walking computer who should be in the Teen Titans.

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Alch21

People are saying Cyborg cause hes the new kid and they wouldn't dare say someone else. But you gotta look at the power sets. Cyborg is their Teleporter and Tech guy. He is one of the most important members of the team as of now. While Aquaman and Wonder women are just 2 more tanks who aren't Superman.

This isn't a popularity contest. Don't be fanboys (who am I kidding..).

Moccles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Moccles

@Alch21 said:

People are saying Cyborg cause hes the new kid and they wouldn't dare say someone else. But you gotta look at the power sets. Cyborg is their Teleporter and Tech guy. He is one of the most important members of the team as of now. While Aquaman and Wonder women are just 2 more tanks who aren't Superman.

But we've seen what Wonder Woman and Aquaman can do. Aquaman summoned a hefty shark in that double page spread and Wonder Woman had half a comic dedicated to her kicking the snot out of Green Lantern.

Once the tech guy does something pretty sweet my opinion may change and I would deem Flash the useless member.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nantucket said:

@Alch21 said:

But we've seen what Wonder Woman and Aquaman can do. Aquaman summoned a hefty shark in that double page spread and Wonder Woman had half a comic dedicated to her kicking the snot out of Green Lantern.

Once the tech guy does something pretty sweet my opinion may change and I would deem Flash the useless member.

She didn't beat up Green Lantern, he got his hits in too and they were both ready to keep fighting at the end of the fight. She Dominated the start of the fight because no-one wanted to actually fight her, after that she was on the defensive for the last 2 panels even taking a hit from Hal right before that fight was broken up. That fight was only beginning.

The JLA is plagued with redundancy, most won't show all their abilities often, it sucks for some characters, so some will seem useless compared to their actual potential, if you look at what Cyborg brings to that table, he offers ranged abilities as well as tech to control that Batman might rival "from the Batcave" or with help from Alfred. But if you look at his Feats in JLA New 52, its like "Batman could have just asked Alfred to do it" or "They could have done that with the old Tower's Teleportation device"... okay not really but to a lesser degree. You could also say his range has not shown anything above what Hal or Superman should be able to do.

But Aquaman brings sea combat that no-one else brings, so in that aspect he is definitely useful. Hal brings a district combat style that no one else brings.

So for me If I had to pick, it would be Cyborg, Wonder Women, or Flash based on redundancy, versatility, and general uniqueness of abilities more than actual individual effectiveness and who I picked would vary based on ... well how I feel at that moment.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By WDW

@Supermansito said:

@RainEffect said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Aquaman and Wonder Woman

Let's Look at The Facts/Powers

Useful

Superman- Super Strength, Flight, Invulnerability, Heat Vision, Ice Breath, Rapid Healing, Super Speed, Super Stamina, Super Hearing, And 50 Other Kinds of Vision, Genius Intellect

Green Lantern- Will Power Based Hard Light Constructs, Force Fields That Sustain Life in Space, Flight, Hyperspace Travel, Universal Translation, Access To Oan History Files, Transmutation,

Cyborg- Super Strength, Super Endurance, Super Durability, Ability to interface with ANY COMPUTER, Flight, Boom Tube Generation/Teleportation, Flight, Ability to Integrate new Weapons, Sonic Cannons, Plasma Cannons, Advanced Sensors, Genius Intellect

Batman- Genius Intellect, Peak Physical and Mental Conditioning, MONEY. Master martial artist, detective, strategist, tactician, and escapologist. Master of stealth. Master of disguise. Proficient with technology. Excellent observational skills. Photographic memory. Expert acrobat and marksman.

Flash- TIME TRAVEL, Super Speed, Super Memory, Super Fast Thought Processing, Phasing, Self-Molecular Control

Useless/Redundant

Aquaman- Superhuman strength,speed, agility, and endurance. Water Breathing. Fish Command. Superior hand-to-hand combatant. Healing factor.

Wonder Woman- Superhuman strength,speed, agility, and endurance. Flight. Superior hand-to-hand combatant. Healing factor.

But it's not all about powers. They all have distinct, likable personalities (IMO) that make stories interesting. And each one of the 7 is someone's favorite. Mine is Cyborg. And I LOVE Aquaman's ongoing series. Plus there's nothing is wrong with power redundancy since no hero can be everywhere and they need all the help that they can get.

this is why my Pick was WW since the start ....

Its funny that you would call Wonder Woman useless because she has almost the same abilities as one of the most useful character as if Superman can be everyware at all times Wonder Woman would be Highly useful and so would aquaman.

And I see you really overemphasised Batmans abilities which are great but really not that special relative to the others. Batman is STREET LEVEL. Batmans skills can be outsourced when needed. You can always find another hero with Batmans abilities. However Wonder Woman and Aquaman are pretty unique and cant really be outsourced per situation.

Lets go over the list of Batmans real usefulness

Batman... Peak Physical and Mental Conditioning means nothing on this list compared to the others MEANINGLESS Relative to the others

Master Martial Artist means nothing on this list compared to the others MEANINGLESS Relative to the others

Mental Conditioning can be lumped in with peak physical and means nothing. MEANINGLESS Relative to the others

Money means nothing to people on this list.MEANINGLESS Relative to the others

Master of stealth can me lumped into Master of disguise and escapologist and means almost nothing. can be easily outsourced when needed. Not needed with Flashes, Wonder Womans and Supermans abilities

Proficent with Technology is meaningless compared to cyborg Redundant and obsolete

Excellent observational skills can be lumped with photographic memory. can be outsourced.

Expert acrobat and markmen can be lumped into Master Martial artist. MEANINGLESS Relative to the others

Now my answer is that there is no most useless person.

But if you had to have one it would certainly be Batman. Most of this contribution to the team could be done from the Batcave if needed. And of course Cyborg can probably control the batcomputer remotely anyway so Batman can take an extended vacation.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#178  Edited By Zoch81

@MrArrogant said:

Batman, he is not needed for tech support as that's cyborg's job, he is not a physic benefit to the team being the only non-super powered member of the team, and is ignored by most of his team-mates so he does not even make a good team leader; in fact he's more of a hindrance to the team seeing as he nearly got them all killed in tower of babel.The only reason Batman is even on the team is because he's DC's most popular character

QFT

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By WDW

@Zoch81 said:

@MrArrogant said:

Exactly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WDW said:

But if you had to have one it would certainly be Batman. Most of this contribution to the team could be done from the Batcave if needed. And of course Cyborg can probably control the batcomputer remotely anyway so Batman can take an extended vacation.

@Zoch81 said:

@MrArrogant said:

QFT

This made me Laugh.

Many people perceive Superman as the leader despite Batman calling the shots. The Wiki even refers To Superman as the New 52 Leader but Batman as the "critical decision maker". Maybe Batman can go... he is grumpy anyways,

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Superdork: wonder woman has things over superman,she has magic weapons,and now god like powers that are still developing,and she is a super warrior,batman is an amazing fighter,but if you have to face a super powered warrior,wonder woman is the best choise,and she has better defence with the bracelets,batman with technology can do most things that cyborg can do,i say cyborg,but they can make stories where everyone fits perfectly.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Teerack: if you choose wonder woman over aquaman and cybor,let me clarify this,wonder woman is stronger,faster and a better fighter than aquaman and cyborg,and her god like power is still developing,so she migh bring something new to the table,we have to wait and see,she also has magic weapons,so the only thing aquaman has over her is the ability to talk to the ocean life,WW had the ability to talk to animal before,but even then,most of the time they won't be fighting near the water just to let aquaman do the only thing that the others can't do,and

if batman can have access to technology,he can do most of the things that cybor does,so i say cybor or aquaman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's face it, they removed MMH from the JLA and he was the only one shown soloing them while the others were seriously trying to fight. Okay I'm being dramatic based on a single picture but if they could replace him and still survive, than anyone on the team is swappable with him. He was more of a Swiss army knife than Superman. Anyone with a bit of objectivity should be able to make a decent case why anyone here can be removed.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#184  Edited By Teerack

@gokuwarrior: I really don't think you understand Aquaman and Cybor's powers and abilities nearly as well as you think you do.

TheSyndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#185  Edited By TheSyndicate

Cyborg here

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By gokuwarrior

@Teerack: and i don't think you understand wonder woman's powers at all,the truth is that she is stronger,faster,and a better fighter than them,plus she has magic weapons,and god like powers that are still developing,she is a semi-goddess and super warrior,the only things aquama has over her,are his ability to talk to the ocean life,and his agility under water,so i don't know how you can consider her more redundant than aquaman,i mean,they aren't going to fight all the time under water,and even then,everything aquaman does,wonder woman can do it better,expect for the ability to talk to the ocean life and agility under water.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Teerack

@gokuwarrior: Okay first off "Wonder Woman is a better fighter then Aquaman" is a very arguable statement, so i won't bother getting into that.

Magical weapons: Aquaman has trident and assess to other ancient atlantean items.

Aquaman and Cybor both have super strength. Wonder Woman may be slightly stronger then Aquaman(even tho Aquaman is much more durable then her) but it doesn't really matter when Superman and Green Lantern also have super strength. so strength is covered for the team.

Wonder Woman's speed LOL it might as well not even be a power compared to Superman and Flash. Aquaman also has a degree of super human agility, but it's always seemed to be minor like Wonder Woman's so they're probably about even when it comes to speed.

The point is Wonder Woman offers nothing to the team that they don't already have better.

Superman is stronger.

Flash and Superman are faster.

Aquaman has magic covered

Green Lantern and Superman can fly.

Now on the other hand things that Cybor and Aquaman offer that no one else does.

Aquaman can bread underwater, swim and move underwater very fast, control aquatic life, ability to control water, his trident.

Cyborg is always plug into all of the digital data in the world allowing him to know things and processes information like no one else on the planet. He can also probably hack things way faster then batman could. Sonic attacks.

Wonder Woman lacks a specialty and is basically a watered down version of Superman with a magic rope. I also left our some of Aquaman's powers, because they overlap with Superman's and I just wanted to point out what he can bring to the table.(super hearing, super sight, healing factor, etc.)

russia599

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#188  Edited By russia599

Cyborg!

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By WDW

@Teerack said:

@gokuwarrior: Okay first off "Wonder Woman is a better fighter then Aquaman" is a very arguable statement, so i won't bother getting into that.

Magical weapons: Aquaman has trident and assess to other ancient atlantean items.

Aquaman and Cybor both have super strength. Wonder Woman may be slightly stronger then Aquaman(even tho Aquaman is much more durable then her) but it doesn't really matter when Superman and Green Lantern also have super strength. so strength is covered for the team.

Wonder Woman's speed LOL it might as well not even be a power compared to Superman and Flash. Aquaman also has a degree of super human agility, but it's always seemed to be minor like Wonder Woman's so they're probably about even when it comes to speed.

The point is Wonder Woman offers nothing to the team that they don't already have better.

Superman is stronger.

Flash and Superman are faster.

Aquaman has magic covered

Green Lantern and Superman can fly.

Now on the other hand things that Cybor and Aquaman offer that no one else does.

Aquaman can bread underwater, swim and move underwater very fast, control aquatic life, ability to control water, his trident.

Cyborg is always plug into all of the digital data in the world allowing him to know things and processes information like no one else on the planet. He can also probably hack things way faster then batman could. Sonic attacks.

Wonder Woman lacks a specialty and is basically a watered down version of Superman with a magic rope. I also left our some of Aquaman's powers, because they overlap with Superman's and I just wanted to point out what he can bring to the table.(super hearing, super sight, healing factor, etc.)

LOL all you need is one villian with Kryptonite. That would render a team without Wonder Woman helpless against Darksied Doomsday and Amazo type beings. Dispite being the most powerful superman is probably one of the easiest to kill.

The honest to goodness right answer to this thread is Batman.... when talking about Darksied, Doomsday, Parallax Antimonitor type threats.

What if Doomsday and Darksied attacked the Justice League at the same time? are you telling me you would take Aquaman over Wonder Woman? or take Batman over Wonder Woman? Good luck with that :P All in good fun

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Teerack

Yup because Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash,and Green Lantern are all really helpless when Superman isn't around LOL.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By WDW

@Teerack said:

Yup because Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash,and Green Lantern are all really helpless when Superman isn't around LOL.

against beings like darksied and doomsday yes. The OP stated who is the most useless in a crisis situation. Darksied Doomsday and Amazo qualify as a crisis situation.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Teerack

@WDW: You're joking right? I don't think when Darksied kicks Wonder Woman's ass like she's nothing is as helpful as you think it is lol.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By WDW

@Teerack said:

@WDW: You're joking right? I don't think when Darksied kicks Wonder Woman's ass like she's nothing is as helpful as you think it is lol.

Certainly not joking. Just thinking intelligently.

Yup batman and Aquaman would be more useful LOL... Its not whether Darkseid can beat Wonder Woman.... thats not the point at all now is it.

Clearly Wonder Woman is more useful in this situation. I can post plenty of examples

I am curious what do you think Batman has to contribute in a random encounter with Doomsday, Darkseid, Amazo, and any other omega level threat?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Teerack

@WDW: Batman has been able to out smart Darkseid before.

And yea I guess if Darkseid can beat Wonder Woman isn't the point, then you just don't have a point.

I can't wait for Shazam to join the team soon making her even more hilariously redundant.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By WDW

@Teerack said:

@WDW: Batman has been able to out smart Darkseid before.

And yea I guess if Darkseid can beat Wonder Woman isn't the point, then you just don't have a point.

I can't wait for Shazam to join the team soon making her even more hilariously redundant.

Yes Batman out smarting Darkseid wow GEEE great..... I can see it now.

(Darkseid Attacks.... Superman says ok Batman your on.... Now go outsmart him! )

Oh and if you missed it, the point of this thread is to determine the most useless character of the 7 justice league members in a crisis situation. You seem to think Wonder Woman would be the most useless.

I proposed a crisis situation in which Darksied, Doomsday or Amazo is involved and apparently you still think Wonder Woman is useless. because Batmans powers to outsmart these beings is more useful. I find that laughable. But hey you entitled to your opinion like everyone else.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#196  Edited By GR2Blackout

Cyborg's a half-robot dude who shoots lasers. Just smash him in the head and his systems will malfuction :P

A tie between Cyborg and Aquaman

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#197  Edited By GR2Blackout

And lets not forget how Martian Manhunter's weakness is fire!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Teerack

@WDW: Wonder Woman is the most pointless one because she can't offer anything that isn't already covered. If you wan to look at everything with a slam your face into it ideology that's cool, but slamming your face into everything isn't the only way to go about things, and it's usually not the best way.

If you don't understand what I'm saying, oh well I've lost interest in this discussion so I won't be responding anymore.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Adnan said:

Cyborg and Batman kinda make each other redundant. Cyborg's best addition to the team his ability to supposedly hack any computer on Earth, but...Batman could probably do that already, judging by the way he's usually written. Cyborg has group teleportation and generic techno-weapons, Batman has h2h combat skills and...more importantly, lots and lots of plot armour lol.

Cyborg is the Iron Man of the team. Batman is the Black Widow/Hawkeye of the team.

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By WDW

@Teerack said:

@WDW: Wonder Woman is the most pointless one because she can't offer anything that isn't already covered. If you wan to look at everything with a slam your face into it ideology that's cool, but slamming your face into everything isn't the only way to go about things, and it's usually not the best way.

If you don't understand what I'm saying, oh well I've lost interest in this discussion so I won't be responding anymore.

I started with a nice logical rational argument which I can support. I guarantee if you had a real argument you would happily continue this conversation.

Anyway in closing....

Any good team has to have a little redundancy. eliminating it makes no sense at all and seriously weakens any teams position from an army brigade to sports teams. Wonder Woman has way too many abilities and access to weapons to sideline her in this and most situations.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.