Who is the pointless member of the main JL guys?

#1 Edited by Supermansito (196 posts) - - Show Bio

As tittle said whos is the Member that did less to (save,fight,Help) DCU crisis againts great foes

Superman

Batman

GL

Flash

WW

MMH

Cyborg

Aquaman

My pick is WW.

who is yours?

#2 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

uh...where is aquaman? although his solo series is cool i would have picked him

#3 Posted by Supermansito (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudzackvincent said:

uh...where is aquaman? although his solo series is cool i would have picked him

k ill add him to the main topic lol

#4 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

If were talking power wise either WW or Aquaman

#5 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman

#6 Posted by BigBDawg (263 posts) - - Show Bio

As of now, I'd say Cyborg, since he seems to mostly be used for tracking and Boom Tubes. =/

#7 Posted by herrweis (431 posts) - - Show Bio

cyborg is totally pointless

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg

#9 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Cyborg
#10 Posted by wwmm (20 posts) - - Show Bio

cyborg

#11 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Cyborg
#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg

#13 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg. They did not need him for the past 50 years or so.

#14 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg

#15 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg, definitely. Bring back the Martian!!!

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Nearly unanimous.

#17 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8983 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, I do not even think he was in the last issue

#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg.

#19 Posted by Lvenger (19076 posts) - - Show Bio

Whilst I really like the New 52 version of Aquaman and am glad to see him back in the League, his powers are simply superstrength, durability and the ability to communicate with/control sealife. Cyborg at least has an important role in terms of intel, providing a means of transport via boom tube, computer hacking skills and offensive weaponry. He does make for a better member power wise than Aquaman IMO.

#20 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg.

#21 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarthShap said:

Cyborg. They did not need him for the past 50 years or so.

Cyborg has only been a member since the new 52 . Prior to that he was a teen Titan.

My vote is Aquaman. Most of his on land powerset is covered by one member or another.

#22 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm too big of a Batman fanboy to say it's him so... Aquaman.

#23 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#24 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Whilst I really like the New 52 version of Aquaman and am glad to see him back in the League, his powers are simply superstrength, durability and the ability to communicate with/control sealife. Cyborg at least has an important role in terms of intel, providing a means of transport via boom tube, computer hacking skills and offensive weaponry. He does make for a better member power wise than Aquaman IMO.

this is exactly my point.... i kinda thought about WW too...but i guess she is stronger than Aquaman...so Aquaman it is...

#25 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. Cyborg at least offers his tech expertise in the field. Aquaman on the other hand.......

#26 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tunsieon: Batman is an important member, none of them can do what he can... maybe since the advent of Cyborg some of his functions have been taken up by Cyborg, but he is still necessary to the team. While Cyborg can collect the intel and go all savvy with the techie stuff... Batman is still needed to do the thinking. Aquaman however is just muscle..and their are bigger muscles in the team...

ps: i don't hate aquaman, in fact his solo series is one of my favourite books..and i find it kinda cool how he lives in a lighthouse with a hot redhead... ;)

#27 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus he's still the 'general' of the group. I'd say that he's one of the most valuable members if Cyborg weren't in the group. He kind of makes Batman redundant.

#28 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tunsieon said:

Plus he's still the 'general' of the group. I'd say that he's one of the most valuable members if Cyborg weren't in the group. He kind of makes Batman redundant.

Sir, I like you already.

#29 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ people still saying that Aquaman's useless...

#30 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@DarthShap said:

Cyborg. They did not need him for the past 50 years or so.

Cyborg has only been a member since the new 52 . Prior to that he was a teen Titan.

My vote is Aquaman. Most of his on land powerset is covered by one member or another.

I know. I have read the entire original New Teen Titans run (my favourite run of all time) and other Titans/Teen Titans runs since.

He was great as a Titan and he could have been a great addition to the JLA had he been the latest arrival in an already established team and as part of his character development.

In the New 52, years of awesome character development are gone, so is the Martian Manhunter and it all feels forced.

#31 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

LOL @ people still saying that Aquaman's useless...

Nobody is saying he's useless (at least I hope not), they are just saying that he is less useful than the other six.

#32 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

#33 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tunsieon said:

@mr.obvious said:

LOL @ people still saying that Aquaman's useless...

Nobody is saying he's useless (at least I hope not), they are just saying that he is less useful than the other six.

yup... he is not useless... but if u compare aquaman and cyborg, i think cyborg plays a more important role.. i mean cyborg gets handy in collecting all the techie stuff and all. Of course Batman could do the same but to a lesser extent.. whereas their are already a bunch of powerful characters like superman, wonder woman and green lantern who can do better at what aquaman does... unless in a very specific scenario where a lot of water is involved...

#34 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how people are saying Aquaman. It's clearly Cyborg. He really is . . . THE WEAKEST LINK!

**hides under blanket to keep the trolls out**

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how Aquaman is more pointless than the Flash.If people are saying that all of Aquaman's abilities on land are covered by someone else.Superman and Wonder Woman have super speed.Maybe not on Flash's level but not to far off.

Moderator
#36 Posted by Dernman (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman ya I said it.

#37 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. At least Cyborg can do some stuff the others can't.

#38 Posted by BatWatch (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman's powers are more or less duped in Superman only slightly weaker in most areas. However, is it really a problem to have two powerhouses who are good at everything? I don't think so.

I would cut Flash if I had to since Superman and Wonder Woman can reach ridiculously fast speeds as well. Granted, Barry is much faster, but that little bit of extra speed is nothing compared to the muscle of WW and Supes.

#39 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Whilst I really like the New 52 version of Aquaman and am glad to see him back in the League, his powers are simply superstrength, durability and the ability to communicate with/control sealife. Cyborg at least has an important role in terms of intel, providing a means of transport via boom tube, computer hacking skills and offensive weaponry. He does make for a better member power wise than Aquaman IMO.

#40 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg.

#41 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

LOL @ people still saying that Aquaman's useless...

Nobody is saying he's useless (at least I hope not), they are just saying that he is less useful than the other six.

@Vance Astro said:

I don't see how Aquaman is more pointless than the Flash.If people are saying that all of Aquaman's abilities on land are covered by someone else.Superman and Wonder Woman have super speed.Maybe not on Flash's level but not to far off.

'Nuff Said!

#42 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarthShap said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@DarthShap said:

Cyborg. They did not need him for the past 50 years or so.

Cyborg has only been a member since the new 52 . Prior to that he was a teen Titan.

My vote is Aquaman. Most of his on land powerset is covered by one member or another.

I know. I have read the entire original New Teen Titans run (my favourite run of all time) and other Titans/Teen Titans runs since.

He was great as a Titan and he could have been a great addition to the JLA had he been the latest arrival in an already established team and as part of his character development.

In the New 52, years of awesome character development are gone, so is the Martian Manhunter and it all feels forced.

Got ya. I thought you meant he was useless as a justice league member of the past 50 years. my mistake.

I don't know about forced but I Think Steel should have been there in his place (with more of his old style of armor and not the dreadful post-new 52 armor) and I also think that MM should be on the team as well.

#43 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and Wonder Woman

Let's Look at The Facts/Powers

Useful

Superman- Super Strength, Flight, Invulnerability, Heat Vision, Ice Breath, Rapid Healing, Super Speed, Super Stamina, Super Hearing, And 50 Other Kinds of Vision, Genius Intellect

Green Lantern- Will Power Based Hard Light Constructs, Force Fields That Sustain Life in Space, Flight, Hyperspace Travel, Universal Translation, Access To Oan History Files, Transmutation,

Cyborg- Super Strength, Super Endurance, Super Durability, Ability to interface with ANY COMPUTER, Flight, Boom Tube Generation/Teleportation, Flight, Ability to Integrate new Weapons, Sonic Cannons, Plasma Cannons, Advanced Sensors, Genius Intellect

Batman- Genius Intellect, Peak Physical and Mental Conditioning, MONEY. Master martial artist, detective, strategist, tactician, and escapologist. Master of stealth. Master of disguise. Proficient with technology. Excellent observational skills. Photographic memory. Expert acrobat and marksman.

Flash- TIME TRAVEL, Super Speed, Super Memory, Super Fast Thought Processing, Phasing, Self-Molecular Control

Useless/Redundant

Aquaman- Superhuman strength,speed, agility, and endurance. Water Breathing. Fish Command. Superior hand-to-hand combatant. Healing factor.

Wonder Woman- Superhuman strength,speed, agility, and endurance. Flight. Superior hand-to-hand combatant. Healing factor.

But it's not all about powers. They all have distinct, likable personalities (IMO) that make stories interesting. And each one of the 7 is someone's favorite. Mine is Cyborg. And I LOVE Aquaman's ongoing series. Plus there's nothing is wrong with power redundancy since no hero can be everywhere and they need all the help that they can get.

#44 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

Aquaman, I do not even think he was in the last issue

#45 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

Got ya. I thought you meant he was useless as a justice league member of the past 50 years. my mistake.

I don't know about forced but I Think Steel should have been there in his place (with more of his old style of armor and not the dreadful post-new 52 armor) and I also think that MM should be on the team as well.

The thing is: DC needed a character who was his own man (so no Steel because he appeared as one of Superman's replacements) and who did not have the word "black" in his name and DC just does not have a lot of choice.

I understand why they did it, and had it kept his awesome backstory with the Titans, it would have felt like he made it to the big league (although I am not the biggest fan of Titans "graduating" into Leaguers, they have their own thing going on) but having him replace the Martian Manhunter in the origin story with everyone else on the team was just weird.

#46 Posted by Z3RO180 (6430 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigBDawg: lol cyborg nouthing more than a taxie :P

#47 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarthShap said:

@TheSwordsman said:

Got ya. I thought you meant he was useless as a justice league member of the past 50 years. my mistake.

I don't know about forced but I Think Steel should have been there in his place (with more of his old style of armor and not the dreadful post-new 52 armor) and I also think that MM should be on the team as well.

The thing is: DC needed a character who was his own man (so no Steel because he appeared as one of Superman's replacements) and who did not have the word "black" in his name and DC just does not have a lot of choice.

I understand why they did it, and had it kept his awesome backstory with the Titans, it would have felt like he made it to the big league (although I am not the biggest fan of Titans "graduating" into Leaguers, they have their own thing going on) but having him replace the Martian Manhunter in the origin story with everyone else on the team was just weird.

Nah. Steel is more of DC's Iron man even though he was written to fill the Superman void. He actually adds to the group and Steel is a great name, character, and has a great powerset. I don't want to get into a war of opinions with you nor do I want to argue pigment based issues so I will respectfully bow out of this dialogue as this looks like it is rapidly becoming a zero-fun conversation. Take care.

#48 Edited by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

Nah. Steel is more of DC's Iron man even though he was written to fill the Superman void. He actually adds to the group and Steel is a great name, character, and has a great powerset.

He did wear Superman's logo and cape, his name directly comes from "Man of Steel" and his origin story is directly linked to Superman, who saved him.

Other than that, he is a great character (by far my favourite of the four Super-Men) and I loved Morrison's run on JLA but this League allowed Bat/Super-Family. Johns wanted original characters for the origin story.

#49 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think they put cyborg for racial equality/political correctness.

#50 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@mtrakos said:

I really think they put cyborg for racial equality/political correctness.

So?

Hey guys. We've had this race problem for 76+ years. Let's not do anything to fix that.

st*u

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.