Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Who do you want more in the JLA Movie Manhunter or Aquaman

• 162 results
    JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JamDamage

After all the rumors and everything I've read the strongest rumor is that the JLA movie will have Supes, Bats, Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman. There has been an outcry for having Aquaman and Martian Manhunter in is, but after seeing Justice League the Animated series I agree that they should have Manhunter in it. I don't see a need for Aquaman. He's cool and all, I actually prefer him with the beard and hook tho, but I having a fish guy in the movie just seems unneeded . Who do you people want more in the movie.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SUNMAN

depends on the story. I just want a good movie

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

MMH. but ill still see it if Aquaman's in it.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

I'd like both, but I guess Manhunter.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Veshark

Tough call, but even though I like Aquaman more, I think within the team context Martian Manhunter probably serves better.

Aside from adding some diversity to the roster, Manhunter's abilities would also be more easily utilized in a movie. Aquaman, for all his merits, might be a hard sell to the general audiences, so Manhunter would probably be the better choice. Shapeshifting would look cool on the silver screen, plus his telepathy can link up the entire team - so there's that. And Manhunter's Mars backstory is a lot easier to condense than Aquaman's role as the King of Atlantis. Also orange scale armor might be a little hard to translate to screen!

My ideal JL movie team would have to Big 5 (and GL would be John Stewart, and Flash would be Wally West), as well as Martian Manhunter. Each one of them has a unique personality - Supes (friendly), Bats (loner), Wonder Woman (royalty), Flash (jokester), GL (serious Marine), and Manhunter (solemn alien).

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#6  Edited By Black_Claw

I think Aquaman is a better fit. MM is cool but I think it's best to go with Aquaman for the sake of consistency with the current line up.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

Depends in the story, but I'll say Aquaman

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By comicfan11

Aquaman.

He is more recognizable and the underwater-Atlantis scenes could provide the most stunning visuals in the movie.

EmperorJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EmperorJosh

Martian Manhunter would be a much better fit to me. My only worry is that The only character that will translate to the Big Screen successfully will be Superman. Everyone else wont be as believable and I fear that both Aquaman and MMH will need too much CGI and fall into the same hole that the GL movie feel into.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Martian Manhunter for sure.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

Arthur!

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlackWind

I don't trust the general public to be mature enough to use Aquaman. No matter how well he is portrayed, someone is just going to ignorantly think he has been just now rebooted from the 70s cartoon.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fury714

Aquaman. Slight chance of redemption from the jokes. Having him there will give the team a better powerset :D and yeah SFX.

garougrem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By garougrem

John can work but an appearance by Arthur, showing off all his powers and abilities will go a looong way towards that ill-conceived and poor knowledge of the public regarding him. Sort of like Aragorn asking the Army of the Dead to help battle Sauron's army in ROTK. They should show off not only his physical prowess but more importantly, HIS TELEPATHY!

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ironshadow

Aquaman, one alien last member of his race is enough.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jack Donaghy

Aquaman.

We need a badass version of him to get the general public to forget about the lame one from Super Friends. Plus I just think he's more interesting than MMH.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bogey

Just put in both.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mega_spidey01
    @SUNMAN said:

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By infonation

@JamDamage: Martian Manhunter! better backstory, better character, better powers, M.M. is one of my favorites anyway, so I'm pretty biased! LOL However, I'm willing to settle for him being a reservist!

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TimeLordScience

I'd be okay with either. I like both for different reasons.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By colonyofcells

I prefer Supes, Bats, WW, Barry, Hal and Cyborg. Others can be Aquaman, green arrow and hawkman. Aquaman needs to be more like a superman from atlantis bec. nobody needs a fish guy and we just like to eat seafood.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By nappystr8

While I think both deserve to be in the movie, I'm decidedly on Martian Manhunter for the edge. I think he's probably the most interesting character on the League (yes, including Batman). He has a great visual style that will pop on screen, he is the easiest member of the League to cast as a minority (unless they chose to go with John Stewart over Hal Jordan), and he has an exciting power set that has rarely been seen in live action.

It's true he is somewhat similar in origin to Supes, but he was not raised on earth, and he does not look like a handsome white farmboy, so any story based on him feeling like an outsider will be far more believable and tangible than you get with Superman or Wonder Woman.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lilben42

I really want John Stewart, MMH, Batman, Wally West, Superrman, Wonder Woman and then I don't care who else is in it. Aquaman is just not interesting to me.

Proton_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

manhunter for sure, he is a leader. aquaman from what i read gets sick of being their aquaman

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bec of a limited set of powers, Aquaman has always been useless in Justice League stories. Aquaman will need more reboots to become as useful as Thor in Avengers. The Martian is more useful in Justice League stories but Jonn is not popular so Cyborg has a better chance of becoming more popular.

Jpgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman, he needs better rep.

montydapunk.k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I would like to see all 7 of them, but if that's not possible then here is what should happen. Sups, Bats and WW can be the core members with Flash and Green Lantern in the 1st one with a cameo by both MM and AM . In the sequel these two can replace Flash and Green Lantern for full fledged roles. Considering a Trilogy is made, in the third one I would like to see these two getting replaced by Cyborg and Green Arrow.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By colonyofcells

Justice League should just start with 5 members and later on build towards 9 members : Superman, Batman, WW, Flash, GL, cyborg, green arrow, aquaman, hawkman. The Martian Manhunter can be used as a guest star if the white martians are used as villains in a movie. I prefer space villains for all 3 movies : Darkseid, Daemonites, Legion of Super Villains, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Although I prefer Martian Manhunter, Aquaman needs the opportunity to show the general public how awesome he really can be.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By colonyofcells

The current comics version of Aquaman is not yet ready for tv or movies. I do hope the movies can fix Aquaman. The cw Aquaman pilot also tried to fix Aquaman by having Aquaman as a superhero on land with origins from Atlantis, altho this type of origin is too similar to that of Superman. DC has too many origins similar to that of Superman.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like them to stick with the five suggested for he first movie. Too many characters will mean they cant spend any time on individual characters and will make the plot clunky.

Plus, Manhunter may be too "out-there" without being eased in to. And Aquaman doesnt immediately seem cool at first glance, he needs time to make an impact. Basically, I think you show them at the end of the movie, and then try and sell them in a smaller movie/personal movie. An Atlantis movie could be awesome.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Tough call, but I'm gonna have to go with Aquaman, if it'll finally make people forget about the Superfriends version of him.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League should just start with 5 members and later on build towards 9 members : Superman, Batman, WW, Flash, GL, cyborg, green arrow, aquaman, hawkman. The Martian Manhunter can be used as a guest star if the white martians are used as villains in a movie. I prefer space villains for all 3 movies : Darkseid, Daemonites, Legion of Super Villains, etc.

I'd rather have The Atom instead of Cyborg and Black Canary in there as well to make it more along the lines of the Silver Age JL.

On another point, I want both to be in the movie. With only 5 members the JL wouldn't feel complete.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The silver age JLA had 10 members : Supers, Bats, WW, Flash, GL, aquaman, Martian manhunter, green arrow, atom and hawkman. I think Martian Manhunter and Atom have less potential and better to go with Cyborg for post-flashpoint. Dc also has very little confidence on less popular members like Elongated Man. Movies tend to need more females so Black Canary and Zatanna are also good candidates for the movies. I prefer Black Canary to have no powers same as the golden age version who used gadgets like Batman.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Aquaman. Aquaman! AQUAMAN!!!

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Aquaman.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Manhunter because I'm a bigger fan of him, but Aquaman is up there. I would love the see him in the big screens being a badass and proving all the haters wrong like the comics.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OutlawRenegade
    No Caption Provided

1) They should stick to five characters and all five should get equal screen time for spinoff potential. The Avengers only had 5 heroes for 98% of their movie and would not have been able to fit more without ruining the movie. Just use Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, GL, and Flash. Save the others for sequels like the Avengers is doing. I know fans want to change the perception of some heroes, but that will not work if you try to churn out a crappy film with too many characters crammed in. Be patient.

People know Superman, but you have to introduce new iterations of Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, AND Flash. Avengers didn't have to introduce nearly that many main characters.

2) If more than 5 characters are done, then there should be 5 main characters (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Flash) and at most 2 cameos. There also needs to be time saed for background characters for personal moments and for set up in the film and future films.

3) Featuring Aquaman on film wouldn't stop the jokes about him. People still make jokes about Superman, Batman, and Flash.

Loading Video...

This second video (below in the spoiler area) is funny but may not be appropriate for some youngsters out there.

@sunman said:

Exactly

@veshark said:

Tough call, but even though I like Aquaman more, I think within the team context Martian Manhunter probably serves better.

Aside from adding some diversity to the roster, Manhunter's abilities would also be more easily utilized in a movie. Aquaman, for all his merits, might be a hard sell to the general audiences, so Manhunter would probably be the better choice. Shapeshifting would look cool on the silver screen, plus his telepathy can link up the entire team - so there's that. And Manhunter's Mars backstory is a lot easier to condense than Aquaman's role as the King of Atlantis. Also orange scale armor might be a little hard to translate to screen!

My ideal JL movie team would have to Big 5 (and GL would be John Stewart, and Flash would be Wally West), as well as Martian Manhunter. Each one of them has a unique personality - Supes (friendly), Bats (loner), Wonder Woman (royalty), Flash (jokester), GL (serious Marine), and Manhunter (solemn alien).

Agreed, especially with the emboldened part about the personalities.

No Caption Provided

@emperorjosh said:

Martian Manhunter would be a much better fit to me. My only worry is that The only character that will translate to the Big Screen successfully will be Superman. Everyone else wont be as believable and I fear that both Aquaman and MMH will need too much CGI and fall into the same hole that the GL movie feel into.

Good point. If the budget is to high, it may not be reached.

@jack_donaghy said:

Aquaman.

We need a badass version of him to get the general public to forget about the lame one from Super Friends. Plus I just think he's more interesting than MMH.

There are still jokes made about Batman and Superman. I doubt the jokes would stop.

@colonyofcells said:

I prefer Supes, Bats, WW, Barry, Hal and Cyborg. Others can be Aquaman, green arrow and hawkman. Aquaman needs to be more like a superman from atlantis bec. nobody needs a fish guy and we just like to eat seafood.

Cyborg is not nearly developed enough to be used on film. And having him on the team turns Batman into the guy who gives orders and does nothing else.

@deaditegonzo said:

I would like them to stick with the five suggested for he first movie. Too many characters will mean they cant spend any time on individual characters and will make the plot clunky.

Plus, Manhunter may be too "out-there" without being eased in to. And Aquaman doesnt immediately seem cool at first glance, he needs time to make an impact. Basically, I think you show them at the end of the movie, and then try and sell them in a smaller movie/personal movie. An Atlantis movie could be awesome.

Exactly.

No Caption Provided

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:
    @colonyofcells said:

I'd rather have The Atom instead of Cyborg and Black Canary in there as well to make it more along the lines of the Silver Age JL.

On another point, I want both to be in the movie. With only 5 members the JL wouldn't feel complete.

The silver age? *Rolls eyes* It's gone for a reason.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Superdork

I actually agree with outlawrenegade on all the points he/she made.

But between Martian Manhunter and Aquaman: Martian Manhunter is cooler.
    But between Martian Manhunter and Aquaman: Martian Manhunter is cooler.
    Loading Video...

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Tough very tough but I have to say manhunter

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

Manhunter, you can do more with him, including a possible White Martian infiltration.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Martian Manhunter is the logical choice, especially if they're dealing with a cosmic threat.

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I think my avatar makes my choice pretty clear lol

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

Seeing as how Martian Manhunter is my favorite character I will be disappointed if he is not in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

both

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
    Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonyofcells said:

Yet it has the biggest impact on DC's comics today. The Justice League is supposed to be the best that DC has to offer, and the silver age lineup contains the characters that people think of when you say "DC Comics".

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

DC's biggest and most iconic heroes.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By colonyofcells

The new 52 is pretty much using most of the silver age and bronze age justice league members since current creators are fans of the silver age and bronze age. The only ones not seen yet in new 52 are elongated man and red tornado who are not popular altho I heard red tornado might show up soon on the main earth in addition to the earth 2 version. In the silver age, Metamorpho was a guest star so even Element Woman is not really something new. The bronze age Super Powers also used Cyborg so Cyborg in the Justice League is also nothing new.

I like this bronze age jla drawing altho I don't know who drew it :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59457140@N07/5442240035/in/photostream

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@outlawrenegade said:

@colonyofcells said:

Yet it has the biggest impact on DC's comics today. The Justice League is supposed to be the best that DC has to offer, and the silver age lineup contains the characters that people think of when you say "DC Comics".

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

DC's biggest and most iconic heroes.

Don't make me laugh. The layman doesn't know who over half those characters are. What are you, like 60?

Who the hell is Firestorm or Black Canary or Zatanna or Martian Manhunter (or as my girlfriend calls him, Lizard Man)? Who is Red Tornado? Who is Elongated Man? Does anyone outside of comics book fans like Hal Jordan? I don't think so.

Today's audiences want a more diverse group of heroes and what they consider iconic is not what the Average comic book fan considers iconic.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.