Who are the 4 most useful Justice League members?

#1 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

My opinion:

1) Superman

He is most likely the most powerful hero on the planet in terms of strength. He is an inspiration. And he is smart. He has one of the most diverse ranges of powers of any superhero. He's got strength, speed, flight, heat vision, ice breath, super hearing, telescopic vision, and microscopic vision.

2) Green Lantern

He is most likely the best energy manipulator on the planet, as well as best flier. He has an intergalactic force for support. He has extensive knowledge of extraterrestrial beings. He can breathe in any atmosphere or without one. He can speak effectively any language. And he has psychic defenses.

3) Cyborg

He is the most useful character in the world in terms of information gathering. The government tries not to store sensitive information on computers because he WILL be able to access that data. He is effectively a technopath. And he can teleport!

4) Flash

He is possibly the fastest being in the universe, he is a great investigator, he can time travel, he can almost predict the future, he can go intangible and he has insane reaction speed!

What are your thoughts?

#2 Posted by lightsout (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a good team, but I'd have to substitute Batman in there somewhere, for his battle-planning/coordinating and mystery solving abilities.

#3 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

In random order:

• Superman
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Green Lantern
  • The Flash

Love Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Batman, but they're easily the most useless JL members. Which pains me to say, because I hate when people treat Aquaman like a joke.

#4 Posted by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah man awesome team....is it just the new 52 team?...........if not, i'd probably add martian manhunter, for his telepathy, telekinies, shapeshifting and other array of abilities.....................and at least 1 female hero, just because

#5 Posted by BlackWind (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

I pretty much agree with the OP.

#6 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2356 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman as the tactician. Superman as the powerhouse. Cyborg for information gathering. Flash with his Speed Force.

#7 Posted by lightsout (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Love Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Batman, but they're easily the most useless JL members. Which pains me to say, because I hate when people treat Aquaman like a joke.

If I had to guess, this is where a lot of the "Aqua-hate" comes from (or at least it perpetuates it). Even though he is very strong & durable & has minor telepathy, he's redundant on the team (power-set wise). He pretty much provides a liaison to the ocean-dwellers and an extra set of hands. People only got to see him in this sad excuse of a role (Superfriends, etc) and assumed he wasn't a good hero in his own right.

#8 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter to link the team and be telepath. Flash as speed. Batman is tech and Superman is leadership.

#9 Posted by Hoenhime (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Cyborg

Flash

and GL

Basically the same four stated by the op

#10 Posted by Kyzuko (120 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Superman
  • Cyborg
  • Flash
  • Green Lantern/Batman/Martian Manhunter
#11 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it depends on what one considers as useful. A character's 'usefulness' is entirely subjective, based on the situation. But in general my list for the nu-52 Justice League would go like this:

Superman: Powerhouse of the team, though he doesn't quite have the whole 'inspiration' thing down yet.

Cyborg: Technopathy, teleportation, and overall usefulness as a human Swiss Knife.

Batman: Tactics, strategy, and brains - there's a reason why he's the only human on the team.

Flash: Super-speed has many uses and is extremely adaptable for different scenarios.

Much as I love Aquaman, sadly he doesn't bring anything new to the table. Same for Wonder Woman. The reason why I left Green Lantern out is due to his general absence from the team, despite his overall power.

#12 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

For the current Justice League, I'd say Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern.

#13 Posted by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

Current League?

• Batman
  • Superman or Flash or Wonder Women or Shazam or Zatanna or Firestorm(potentially)
#14 Posted by Manhunter2070 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

assuming we're using just the core members,  and by "useful" we mean functionality

Green Lantern can help transport people who can't fly, lift things with his ring etc. 

Cyborg can do anything he needs to with technology  

Flash can do stuff really quickly, so if you need to get anything far away, he's your man 

and I'd also say Batman, since he knows strategy and planning

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13400 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

Cyborg

Green Lantern

Flash

#16 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends who's writing them.

#17 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7982 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Batman

Flash

Green Lantern

#18 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Batman

Flash

GL or Martian manhunter

#19 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Wonder Woman

#20 Posted by Captain13 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

My opinion:

1) Superman

He is most likely the most powerful hero on the planet in terms of strength. He is an inspiration. And he is smart.

2) Green Lantern

He is most likely the best energy manipulator on the planet, as well as best flier. He has an intergalactic force for support. He has extensive knowledge of extraterrestrial beings.

3) Cyborg

He is the most useful character in the world in terms of information gathering. The government tries not to store sensitive information on computers because he WILL be able to access rhat data. He is effectively a technopath. And he can teleport!

4) Flash

He is possibly the fastest being in the universe, he is a great investigator, he can time travel, he can almost predict the future, he can go intagible, and he has insame reaction speed!

What are your thoughts?

Agreed

#21 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

My opinion:

1) Superman

He is most likely the most powerful hero on the planet in terms of strength. He is an inspiration. And he is smart. He has one of the most diverse ranges of powers of any superhero. He's got strength, speed, flight, heat vision, ice breath, super hearing, telescopic vision, and microscopic vision.

2) Green Lantern

He is most likely the best energy manipulator on the planet, as well as best flier. He has an intergalactic force for support. He has extensive knowledge of extraterrestrial beings. He can breathe in any atmosphere or without one. He can speak effectively any language. And he has psychic defenses.

3) Cyborg

He is the most useful character in the world in terms of information gathering. The government tries not to store sensitive information on computers because he WILL be able to access that data. He is effectively a technopath. And he can teleport!

4) Flash

He is possibly the fastest being in the universe, he is a great investigator, he can time travel, he can almost predict the future, he can go intangible and he has insane reaction speed!

What are your thoughts?

#22 Posted by Onemoreposter (4069 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Superman

Batman

Flash

Green Lantern

Yehp

#23 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

after giving it some more thought I think that Flash's ability to tap into the Speed Force and predict that outcomes of different scenarios is pretty valuable.

#24 Posted by TheJester (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on guys, when he tries, Plastic Man by far. xD

#25 Edited by SNascimento (441 posts) - - Show Bio

Never mind.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.