Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Which should be the Justice League founder: Martian Manhunter or Cyborg?

• 87 results
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By Gambit1024

@Dernman: Interesting. What's he writing/written? I'd look it up, but I'm so damn lazy -_-

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By dernman
    @Gambit1024: I looked it up for you. (I'm such a nice guy :p)  
    He's written Swamp Thing, The Loseers, Helblazer, Green Arrow: Year One, Batman Confidential, Superman: Rules of Engagement, Thunderbolts, Dark Reign: Hawkeye, and worked on a bunch of British books. 

Edit. It was mislabeled. That's Batman: Rules of Engagement not Superman.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Gambit1024

@Dernman: Why thank you :P

Green Arrow: Year One? Say no more. I love that man.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By sethysquare

Cyborg.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By Lvenger

@Dernman said:

@Gambit1024: Rumor has it that Andy Diggle (I don't know who he is) will be taking over Action Comics. Can't confirm if the rumor is true or not.

Where'd you hear about that?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By dernman
    @Lvenger: A couple of sites. I can't remember because I was doing a lot of searching. There is a thread on here somewhere I saw earlier today that reminded of the rumor but I don't think it was the same site I heard it from. Like I said though. This is only a rumor. Don't take it as fact.
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Lvenger

And I agree with about Cyborg as a founding member of the League. If DC wanted a racial minority founder, they could have used Black Ligtning or Vixen. Kill two birds with one stone if Vixen was a member. She's a racial minority and a female member. The Justice League is sorely lacking in female members as well. Plus Cyborg belongs on the Titans. He's been a part of many major stories and has developed his character in that series as well. If they wanted him on the Justice League, they should have waited 5 years for him to graduate to that level. That would have been vastly superior.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lvenger

@Dernman: Yeah I've just googled it. A lot of sites are running that story. Though it is based on Diggle's tweet that he'd just landed the biggest job of his career. You have to admit things don't get bigger than Action Comics in the comic book world. Given the work you've provided for the guy, I'm intrigued by this rumour. Diggle would certainly be a better choice than Lobdell on Superman IMO.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#59  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

martain manhunter defiantly

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By mfundo

Martian Manhunter guys, he's too cool for school. Cyborg will always fits in with The Teen Titans, that's where he belongs and where he'll always be loved.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#61  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Captain13: all completely true. Except for MM''s appearances. He was a recurring guest on The Brave and the Bold, he was a central character in Justice:League heroes, he was unlock able in Lego Batman 2, he was in Justice League: Doom and Crisis on 2 Earths, had a major role in the New Frontier.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I have to say, the fact that people won't let this go disturbs me. So does people's insistence on Black Lightning being a Justice League founder.....especially seeing as how BL didn't even want to be on the League in the beginning.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

MM. Cyborg is more Teen Titans material...

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@JohnnyWalker: I feel you, my friend. DC doesn't give a duck about old readers in this New 52 thing and MM is such a unique character to throw away just like that. Perhaps, they could both be in the team, if many people enjoy reading Cyborg as a JLA member. Don't know.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares. You can be important without the damn JLA. Just cause Green Arrow ran around crying to get in don't mean jack. MMH has shown he can be useful to any team Real heroes don't need a team to carry them.. MMH solo's ... cause he can ...

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SUNMAN

if were going by who is more unique to the team I'd say Cyborg. He fills more of a untouched niche on the team and does it incredibly well (Engineer/Techno Wizard/Technopath)

whereas Martian Manhunter is awesome but has a lot of overlap with Superman aside from his shape morphing and telpathic abilities. And because of that he is generally downplayed because Superman is the big dog. Heck even his telepathy was downplayed at times for various reasons.

TheGraySon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheGraySon

Cyborg, because the team needs better tech. Also because MM is just too damn powerful to not be leading his own team. I still like Cyborg with the Teen Titans though..

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By Funrush

I... think I'm starting to like Cyborg on the team more than MM. But... I don't like that it's Cyborg. Basically, I'm used to and like that he's a founder now, but it still really irritates me because of my past knowledge that he is supposed to be a Titan, but that doesn't exist anymore, and...

Stop messing with my head, New 52!

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for captainlantern76
    CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#69  Edited By CaptainLantern76

I really don't care who ends up doing the job.

I seriously, really, don't care. To me, what matters is that, whoever they chose, that character is done RIGHT!!!! If Martian Manhunter is chose, do him justice! If Cyborg is chosen, do him justice!

I am done.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By cuddles666

I respect Cyborg in terms of his character, his abilities and the diversity factor. But I love the Martian Manhunter and I feel like he's the definitive Justice Leaguer because he doesn't really have his own life. Cyborg would be decent in his own series, or, better yet on a team. I understand wanting to bring him up in the world and he's cool in the League....but not as a founder. If they want him to found a team, make it the New Titans...or maybe a revamped Outsiders or something.

I know it's not very logical, but it's my opinion.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By sethysquare

Theres no need to fight anymore. They're both a founder of Justice League. Ofcourse MM is in the B team lol

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By sethysquare

@Funrush said:

I... think I'm starting to like Cyborg on the team more than MM. But... I don't like that it's Cyborg. Basically, I'm used to and like that he's a founder now, but it still really irritates me because of my past knowledge that he is supposed to be a Titan, but that doesn't exist anymore, and...

Stop messing with my head, New 52!

No Caption Provided

Welcome to the darkseid (pun intended). Muahahaha

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#73  Edited By TronHammer

I don't know why this is a question. The simple fact is Martian Manhunter is a founder of the JLA, not Cyborg. Because of DC's revisionist history I flat out refuse to buy another JLA comic book. The bottom line is I am a customer and if DC wants my money they need to offer a product that I want. I don't want this revisionist history garbage. And if this continues into other media such as movies, then I will not watch the movies. DC will not get any money from me until they provide the product that I want at a reasonable price.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@fodigg said:

Cyborg brings more to the team than Martian Manhunter. Also, MM has overlapping themes with Superman, and they're sure not going to cut Superman.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#75  Edited By TheCannon

Anyone who votes Cyborg has never read a comic book with Manhunter.

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Chronus

Martian Manhunter.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By xybernauts

For awhile I felt the same way a lot of you do. I didn't think Cyborg belonged on the Justice League because he already has a team, the Teen Titans. And also I thought that if they wanted to add a minority member to the team it should be Black Lightning cause the BL variant, Black Vulcan used to be on the Superfriends. Then I woke up a realized that what DC comics is trying to do is make all the founding members of the Justice League characters who were in the Superfriends cartoon. Neither Martian Manhunter, nor BL were on the Superfriends, but ironically, Cyborg was. The thing is many of us don't remember because he was added to the roster near the end of the tv series when the Superfriends fought Darkside. This means everyone one of the founding members of the team is a Superfriend, including Cyborg. This is why the Robot Chicken special featured Cyborg, cause apperantly they remember this. That's why I think Cyborg is the perfect addition to the team. And in addition he adds some much needed diversity to the team.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Lvenger

I see the battle still rages on.

wrestlgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I read something about in the Stormwatch it was mentioned that Martian Manhunter had a history with the League, see this is what I don't understand about the 52 U, it's like they are supposed to be all new, and yet all Batman's history is there(including all his Robins). It's kinda like the problem they had after Crisis on Infinite Earth's. Some things were rebooted, while others were not so it didn't all fit. So does this mean there was a JL previous to this one? I'm not really understanding all this. I know in the JL cartoon I didn't like the idea of Hawkgirl replacing Aquaman. I mean Hawkgirl, are you freaking kidding me. Also John Stewart for the Green Lantern, when Hal was the man, and I believe Kyle was the one featured in the comics at the time. You knew they did it to put some color and some more females on the team. But, you know what, it worked! I loved the JL cartoon and the JLU that followed. And there are still people today that thinks GL has always been black, and wonder who the hell Hawkman is. I even saw a thread(on here I believe) where someone was complaining because the new 52 were not using the "original" members, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, & John Stewart. They said was DC afraid to have more than one black member and female on the team??? This cracked me up. Just goes to show, for me the JLA "big 7" will always be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Hal, Barry, & J'onn, but for others it is whatever they first knew. Like maybe Wally and Kyle replacing Hal and Barry. For those that watched the cartoons it'd be John, Wally & Hawkgirl instead of Barry, Hal & Aquaman. And now new fans will be like where the heck is Cyborg and why didn't they use him in the JL cartoon instead of making GL black.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm starting to really dislike MMH fanboys. Three years later, they're still salty. Get over it!!!!!!!! At the end of the f*cking day, they're still Justice League!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm loving the fact that MMH is leading his own Justice League team.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Martian Manhunter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cyborg

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@johnny_blaze: the last comment from an MMH fanboy was over two yeArs ago. The person who bumped this thread was actually pretty fair in saying that for most people, the big even depends on who they grew up with. (Not counting the guy who posted right after)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darktimecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: no, the Justice league just isn't the same without J'onn. I'll go as far to say I flat out REFUSE to accept a jla without him. Call me stubborn or a fanboy but it's the truth.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

walter5james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#87  Edited By FlashKnight

Martian Manhunter. It's not like Cyborg has become much, if any, more popular over the past 5 years. And he can fill part of the diversity quota as well by being black in his human form (although I'd argue it doesn't get any more diverse than having green skin, lol).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.