Which Justice League member has the best solo comic(s) in New52?

• 65 results
#1 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

Title is pretty self explanatory...

which of the Justice League do you think has the best solo comic/comics since the start of New52?

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash.

Or are you enjoying them equally? Not impressed by any? Or wanting to see Cyborg have his own series too?

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern's my favorite, Batman is a close second.

#3 Posted by Agent Paradox 9 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

Fantastic take on the mythology.

#4 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, Scott Snyder is a genius!

#5 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#6 Posted by Izaiah (5167 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

#7 Posted by Sundipped_Superman (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and at number two Batman

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. Aquaman has been underwhelming in terms of "Badassery" which is what it was selling.

Green Lantern takes a second.

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman has been unbelievable, Batman is a close second.

Green Lantern lagged a little at the end, and I hope that the new creative team breaths new life into Superman.

#10 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

batman and aquaman for me...

wanna get round to trying out wonder woman and flash...

superman hasn't impressed me too much and not liking green lantern.

#11 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of what I buy witch are Aquaman, Wonderwoman, GL and Detective Comics. Detective is the worst and might be dropped soon the others have all been great so far

#12 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@BloodTalon: you should drop detective and pick up batman, so much better... or have you tried it and not enjoyed?

also, how is wonder woman, i like the art and azzarello appeals but am still on the fence for some reason. maybe i should pick up the trade when it's out?

#13 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

Green Lantern's my favorite, Batman is a close second.

Snap!

#14 Posted by Lvenger (18437 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Batman

2. Green Lantern

3. Wonder Woman

4. Aquaman

5. Flash

6. Superman

I'm reading 1, 2 and 6. The other 3 have had good reviews from what I've read and I hope that as @Deranged Midget: said that Keith Griffen and Dan Jurgens inject some life into Superman. I don't want to have to drop it but the first arc consisted of basically 3 aliens showing up, Superman beating each one then the 3 aliens combine forces, subdue Superman and make a copy of him that wrecks havoc on all the major threats that Superman has ever faced in Metropolis. A mediocre storyline at best.

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32862 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman  
Wonder Woman 
Aquman 
Action Comics 
The Flash 

#16 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

no one loving flash?

i've not read it myself, but have been thinking about picking up... the art it pretty cool...

#17 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@NewKid said:

@BloodTalon: you should drop detective and pick up batman, so much better... or have you tried it and not enjoyed?

also, how is wonder woman, i like the art and azzarello appeals but am still on the fence for some reason. maybe i should pick up the trade when it's out?

Is that the Batman that has had the court of owls in it? If so that is exactly what I was planning on doing I am just waiting for A nice jump on point hate coming in, in the middil of a story

and about WW I have liked it so far all the heavy mythology stuff is great the fact that she has no hesitation to kill in combat is nice for an Amazon and there have been some cool character moments as well my only complaint is I don't like how some of the gods look, I just like my gods to look more human but I chock it up to the fact that they are gods and can look different when they want to

#18 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Batman.
#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, then Batman, then Action Comics.

#20 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

BATMAN

#21 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Wonder Woman

Flash (i still miss wally)

Action comics

Green Lantern: New guardians

#22 Posted by TurianAgent (60 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash has been out of this world, wish it got more love.

#23 Edited by Captain13 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash. It's the most new reader friendly. I like how it's stories are just self-contained enough and there hasn't been any cross overs. It's also just well written and innovative.

#24 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11130 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Batman
  • Action Comics
  • Aquaman
  • Green Lantern (underwhelming since N52)
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash / Superman (The captain cold arc raised the bar for Flash alot, it was below superman before, now its even)
  • Batman & Robin

In that order....I think. Subject to change

#25 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Action Comics, Aquaman, Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman have been well received.

#26 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@BloodTalon: yeah that's it, court of owls is quite a long arc though, think it goes on for 11 issues (though i may be wrong on that).

i would pick up the court of owls trade when it comes out to catch up, think that goes up to the crossover that's coming up (night of the owls).

not really sure of a good jump on point for you exactly in terms of what issue number... but yeah, so much better than detective. i also enjoy batman and robin, but that's more of an acquired taste.

cool, the mythology stuff in WW sounds good. think i will pick up the trade when it's released to try it out :)

#27 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7589 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman and Flash

#28 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@NewKid: I will probably pic it up after the Night of Owls cross over and pic up court of owls and night of owls in trade form.

#29 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@BloodTalon: good thinking. don't know if scott snyder will still be writing by then, he is really what's making it great. but you'll enjoy his stuff with the trades :)

#30 Posted by badaboop (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. I've been disappointed by Superman. Action Comics is pretty good but it's been nothing amazing. I'm really interested in picking up the Flash once the trade becomes available. I'm really regretting not picking it up from the beginning.

#31 Posted by barryallen (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is by far the best comic and seems to be getting stronger and stronger with night of the owls coming.

I haven't ready any of Wonder Woman other than #1 so I can't pass judgement the rest are as follows

1. Batman 2. Aquaman 3. Green Lantern 4. Flash 5. Superman (by a long way)

#32 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Wonder Woman

Aquaman

Are my top three, Green Lantern's good but not great and Superman is a mediocre title at best.

#33 Posted by tensor (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash

Aquaman

Batman

Superman

#34 Posted by cracker_jack (220 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Aquaman

2. Wonder Woman

3. Action Comics

4. The Flash

5. Green Lantern

6. Batman

Cyborg needs more popularity growth in Justice League before considering a solo.

#35 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

• Batman
  • Action Comics
  • Aquaman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash / Superman (The captain cold arc raised the bar for Flash alot, it was below superman before, now its even)
  • Batman & Robin

I disagree profoundly.

#36 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@cracker_jack: i think cyborg has potential for a solo run, but yeah... not yet.

#37 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@NewKid said:

no one loving flash?

i've not read it myself, but have been thinking about picking up... the art it pretty cool...

It's definitely one of the best of the New 52, but it isn't the #1.

I'm loving Batman, Aquaman, and the Flash in third. I got the first issues of Superman, and Wonder Woman, thought they were okay, and I'm just gonna wait on the trades for those, along with GL.

@NewKid said:

@BloodTalon: yeah that's it, court of owls is quite a long arc though, think it goes on for 11 issues (though i may be wrong on that).

i would pick up the court of owls trade when it comes out to catch up, think that goes up to the crossover that's coming up (night of the owls).

not really sure of a good jump on point for you exactly in terms of what issue number... but yeah, so much better than detective. i also enjoy batman and robin, but that's more of an acquired taste.

cool, the mythology stuff in WW sounds good. think i will pick up the trade when it's released to try it out :)

Where did you hear that Court of Owls is 11 issues?

#38 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11130 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

• Batman
  • Action Comics
  • Aquaman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Batman & Robin

I disagree profoundly.

PORQUE?

#39 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@ReVamp said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

• Batman
  • Action Comics
  • Aquaman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Batman & Robin

I disagree profoundly.

PORQUE?

I find Aquaman isn't all that. Green Lantern hasn't been Underwhelming. Superman isn't really anything special and Batman and Robin should be higher.

#40 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11130 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@ReVamp said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

• Batman
  • Action Comics
  • Aquaman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Batman & Robin

I disagree profoundly.

PORQUE?

I find Aquaman isn't all that. Green Lantern hasn't been Underwhelming. Superman isn't really anything special and Batman and Robin should be higher.

I think Batman and Robin is a good book, but I really, really, hate Damian since the N52. So I knocked it down.... a lot. I think Aquaman is so high because how his character is starting to really boom and evolve passed Super Friends. GL has been underwhelming, for me, I feel like Geoff Johns is just getting lazy now with his writing since he's now working on JLA and Aquaman. Superman isn't that special, AT ALL, but I just really like supes.

#41 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

The Flash

Batman

Green Lantern (not my favorite, though...)

#42 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@NewKid said:

no one loving flash?

It's definitely one of the best of the New 52, but it isn't the #1.

I'm loving Batman, Aquaman, and the Flash in third. I got the first issues of Superman, and Wonder Woman, thought they were okay, and I'm just gonna wait on the trades for those, along with GL.

@NewKid said:

Where did you hear that Court of Owls is 11 issues?

i'm getting batman and aquaman at the mo out of the 6 justice leaguers (along with justice league itself) and was thinking of getting either flash or wonder woman too... but i'll prob end up just trying out both. not a fan of GL and what i've read of superman since N52 hasn't impressed me.

i can't remember where i read, i'm sure it said that that snyder's initial run would be 11 issues... :s

was a while ago. think it was on a link i followed from a DC update on their facebook page.

#43 Posted by Greenflashlight (183 posts) - - Show Bio

1. BatMan 2. Aquaman 3.Green Lantern 4.The Flash 5. WW 6.Superman Green Lantern was not really a revamp

#44 Posted by lordgman31 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

batman

#45 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#46 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

I am digging Wonder Woman's comic. I'm really getting into female hero's/anti heros as of late and why not start with the one woman who started it all.

#47 Posted by 4_color_image (217 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

Detective

Aquaman

Action

#48 Posted by notquitevarsity (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

The Flash

Aquaman

Green Lantern

Action Comics

#49 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Well since Batman and Robin is not a contender, Green Lantern takes this, even though Hal Jordan is being shoehorned out of his won solo title, in favor of Sinestro (for the better).

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.